Question about starting new threads

Author
bhorn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 39
2010/06/29 14:48:47 (permalink)

Question about starting new threads

Hi All,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this question.

I am a sporadic poster and the last time I spent a lot of time on the forums was probably a year ago. It seems like things may have changed since then and I want to make sure that I am doing the best/right thing.

When asking for recommendations for places to eat in a particular area is it best to start a new thread or resurrect an old one?

I searched on the areas I was interested in and most of the results were several years old. I am searching right now specifically because some of our favorite places have closed in the past couple of years and I wanted to make sure that we got current recommendations rather than old ones.

On one hand, I am concerned about creating too many threads about places that already have a lot written about them. On the other hand, I am concerned that the new recommendations would get lost in the old ones that were already on existing threads and that people would not see or respond to old threads that simply have an new post on them.

What is the best way to handle this and what would people who are on this forum more frequently prefer?

Thanks,

B

2 Replies Related Threads

Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2973
    Re:Question about starting new threads 2010/06/29 14:50:22 (permalink)
    I'd start a new thread. With the economy what it's been, who knows what's still around from 2 years ago.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:Question about starting new threads 2010/06/30 01:43:52 (permalink)
    "They" added new feature on here. I'd go to the "Where should I eat" forum. Click "Post new thread", add SPECIFIC request using town names etc. When you click it, a section will open up above your post giving similiar theads already in here on the subject. If none of those match or are close to what you're looking for, proceed with your post.
    post edited by Foodbme - 2010/06/30 01:45:03
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1