The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Quick Road Trip (Kansas City - Springfield, MO - Little Rock, AR - Memphis, TN)

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33
mcguirejohnr

• Total Posts: 111
Re:Quick Road Trip (Kansas City - Springfield, MO - Little Rock, AR - Memphis, TN) Tue, 03/6/12 11:51 AM (permalink)
After Tortilleria Perches I did Lambert's for dinner.   Not really worth the hour plus wait but I will say that the $19 prime rib was very good...and...you are welcome to get another serving of meat with no additional charge!  Yes, it's touristy with buses in the parking lot but it was good.  Great turnip greens as well.

HDtravlr1

Re:Quick Road Trip (Kansas City - Springfield, MO - Little Rock, AR - Memphis, TN) Tue, 03/13/12 10:10 PM (permalink)
    Thanks for the Lambert's update. I have enjoyed the Ozark location before too. Hope to try the Sikeston location one of these days. I just never seem to be in that part of Missouri.

Did you get all of your New Orleans advice yet? Have you been to NOLA already?

I think Mother's should be on your list. The Fergi is awesome! Had the John G. with debris it was good but not as good as a Fergi to me. Very good gumbo, good fried shrimp and oysters in a Po' Boy or not. Once I had grits & debris for breakfast looked good but I prefer my debris on French bread. So instead of breakfast I get a Fergi.

Johnny

mcguirejohnr

• Total Posts: 111
      Re:Quick Road Trip (Kansas City - Springfield, MO - Little Rock, AR - Memphis, TN) Mon, 03/26/12 11:35 AM (permalink)
      Yes, I returned a few weeks ago and thought I had posted an update but couldn't find it.  From memory (diluted from many beers between then and now) I got a Muffuletta at Central Grocery (Good not Great), Po Boy at Johnny's (AWESOME), Char Grilled and Raw Oysters at Drago's (WONDERFUL).  Hit some good pie spots through Arkansas on the way home as well.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com