Quick Road trip from Central NJ to Montreal

Author
emaxf
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/04/08 12:57:55 (permalink)

Quick Road trip from Central NJ to Montreal

I'm taking my son to McGill University in Montreal next week, a 48-hour trip. 

Would love suggestions for the trip itself (straight up 87) and inexpensive eats in Montreal.  We are leaving first thing in the morning, and the return will be late afternoon/evening the next day.  My son is not what one would call an "adventurous" eater, but he is starting to move in that direction. 

Appreciate any and all ideas. 

Thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

johnnymolson
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 90
    Re:Quick Road trip from Central NJ to Montreal 2011/04/09 02:20:41 (permalink)
    On the drive up, Interstate 87 will take you right by Plattsburgh, NY.  I havent visited personally, but there are three michigan dog joints in Plattsburgh that have been reviewed well on this site that you might be interested in:
    Clare and Carl's:  4729 NY-9
    McSweeney's:  535 N. Margaret St.
    Gus's Restaurant:  2 Cumberland Head Rd.

In Montreal, you MUST go to Schwartz's if you are a deli lover; they serve the best smoked meat sandwich on earth!  It's located at 3895 St. Laurent Boulevard, not far from the McGill campus actually.  Don't be detered by the lineup, it's worth the wait.  If you like Indian food, buffet Maharaja is incredible; a huge spread for a very good price considering the quality of the food.  It's located at 1481 Rene Levesque Boulevard West.  Of course, you can't leave the city without having poutine, that Quebec traditional dish of fries smothered in fresh cheese curds and gravy; I suggest Maamm Bolduc, located at 4351 de Lorimier.  Finally, if you are a bagel lover, I suggest you try them Montreal-style at St. Viateur Bagel, located at 263 St. Viateur West.  I have visited all of these spots personally (many times!)  and I strongly recommend them.

Enjoy your time in Montreal.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1