R Place is Gone

Author
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4121
2004/05/07 17:17:25 (permalink)

R Place is Gone

It is with sadness that I report that R Place in Robertsdale, Alabama seems to be no more. Based upon the Stern's review here I had decided it was a "must go" place. Unfortunately, the phone is disconnected, they are no longer listed in the phonebook, and when I looked thru the Yellow Pages I saw no reference to Chef Yerby's R Place or any follow up to it. Oh well.....if anyone has further news I'm curious.

1 Reply Related Threads

rickyb
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: R Place is Gone 2004/07/25 12:29:25 (permalink)
    R Place is gone, but a BBQ restaurant remains in the same location. New owners took it over and opened Hickory House BBQ in March. It has been completely remodeled and carries an extensive menu. Texas style beef brisket, Boston Butt, Ribs,Chicken and Sausage. They have baked potatos, a salad bar, and inside airconditioned seating for dine-in customers. Though the BBQ is diffrent from the previous owner, it is excellent! All meats are slow smoked on site with hickory wood. They are open Mon-Sat 11:am - 8:00pm. The phone # is 251-947-8720. The prices are reasonable and well worth the effort of trying the Hickory House.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1