RED ARROW-MANCHESTER

Author
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 513
2012/10/12 20:02:15 (permalink)

RED ARROW-MANCHESTER

this place was enough to make a californyguy wish he was a newhampshireguy ! for thosev who havlle not been you willii find red arrow in an old red brick building...its tiny,but full of character and the waitress's are full of just the right amount of vinegar,,.....as to the food had a terrific and buttery fish chowder, a generous salad, and a heaping portion of steamy tasty american chop suey..also have yet to have the famopus homemade twinkies which I brought home- was tempted by the pork pie but will be having some homemade pork pie tyomoorow...still have some time in manchester and have warned my friend that the car may be taking off at anytime to visit this 24 hour bastion of roadfood...its so nice when a  place exceeds the hype, and yes if you go be sure and mention it is your first time!

4 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7898
    Re:RED ARROW-MANCHESTER 2012/10/12 20:14:48 (permalink)
    californyguy

If you have time tomorrow morning or afternoon in Manchester
    Go to Chez Vachon
    http://chezvachon.com/

for some artery clogging 
    poutine

Here's a photo of a plate of poutine with with steak tips
    billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2434
    Re:RED ARROW-MANCHESTER 2012/10/12 20:35:39 (permalink)
    Californyguy, glad you had a great time there! I'll second WJ's rec for Chez Vachon. I haven't tried the poutine but WJ knows his stuff. The baked beans there are fantastic and you can order them as a side with breakfast instead of home fries. Love it! The Puritan Backroom is really good too. Their fried chicken tenders with duck sauce are amazing. They also make their own ice cream and the baklava flavor is worth checking out. The link to their website: http://puritanbackroom.com
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18652
    Re:RED ARROW-MANCHESTER 2012/10/12 20:38:08 (permalink)
    You guys are killing me.
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    Re:RED ARROW-MANCHESTER 2012/10/13 00:17:19 (permalink)
    But Michael................What a way to go!  I lived in Milford NH for 10 years.......long before the internet and never knew of some of these gems...........and now Red Arrow is in my old town......makes me want to move back to "Live Free or Die"...........although I suspect I'd end up "Eating to Delight and then........well"
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1