The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

R.I.P. Alex Radicevich, owner of Milwaukee's Stari Grad aka Serbian Old Town

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
R.I.P. Alex Radicevich, owner of Milwaukee's Stari Grad aka Serbian Old Town Sat, 06/25/11 9:51 AM (permalink)

Alex was the son of Milun and Milunka, the founders of Milwaukee's Three Brothers Restaurant and present owner Branko's brother. I've had many a meal at Alex's and a number of good stories along with the memories. I once brought a German co-worker who had spent 4 years after the war in a Russian concentration camp to Old Town. He started to cry while dining as his tripe had been marinated in sour cream just like his mother had done. Many family get togethers for me and I'm not a Serb!
Alex would give you the shirt off his back and pretty much all of Milwaukee's Serbian restaurants have some connection with him. Ilija started as a waiter there and Nada Bratkovitch worked in the kitchen. He will be missed but his daughter Natalia has really been running Old Town for quite some time now. There's a good article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/obituaries/124524369.html
and online at On Milwaukee magazine
http://www.onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/authors/onmilwaukeecomstaffwriters/radicevich.html

R.I.P. Alex, you'll live forever in my heart.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:R.I.P. Alex Radicevich, owner of Milwaukee's Stari Grad aka Serbian Old Town Sat, 06/25/11 4:59 PM (permalink)
    I just read that, my friend, and felt kinda sad. His food was far better than 3 Brothers. We had a wonderful dinner there awhile back, and they were so pleasant, the food outstanding and just a fun, fun time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com