RIP/Joe Tecce Boston

Author
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
2006/03/07 18:51:15 (permalink)

RIP/Joe Tecce Boston

A great restaraunter Joe Tecce has passed. This guy was one of the tops of the industry and is surley going to be missed. He started his pizza shop {Tecce's} in the late 1940's and turned this spot into a full service destination spot. I came back from Viet Nam and had to do a rehab thing at the Chelsea Navel Hosp, friends of mine picked me up one evening and brought me there for dinner, Joe was there that evening and found out that I said thats where I wanted to go for dinner, he picked up the tab for the four of us. Many years later in the early 90s I had a conversation with Joe again and brought up what he did for me many years earlier, he asked me how many times that I have come back since then, I told him I couldn't count it's been so many. His reply was it was money well spent on his behalf. Thanks Joe Ciao Jim

3 Replies Related Threads

lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7016
    RE: RIP/Joe Tecce Boston 2006/03/07 19:24:56 (permalink)
    Papa Joe gone at 94. I knew him well.I worked for his brother George Tecce at Bambino's in Malden. At the christining of George's grandson, Papa Joe said, "you're one hell of a chef." To which I humbly replied, " nothing compared to you Papa Joe". He was a great restauranter for sure. Can't tell you how many meals I had at Papa Joe's.
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: RIP/Joe Tecce Boston 2006/03/08 07:00:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

Papa Joe gone at 94. I knew him well.I worked for his brother George Tecce at Bambino's in Malden. At the christining of George's grandson, Papa Joe said, "you're one hell of a chef." To which I humbly replied, " nothing compared to you Papa Joe". He was a great restauranter for sure. Can't tell you how many meals I had at Papa Joe's.
    Lisa we must have a few mutual friends. I frequent Bambino's quite often,we use to go there when it was the Stadium Cafe. I still have many freinds that meet there every Sat. you must know the croud. The food is great there a hidden gem as they say. A real rodfood destination. Chow Jim
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7016
    RE: RIP/Joe Tecce Boston 2006/03/08 16:13:24 (permalink)
    Jim, if you frequent Bambino's then we sure do have a lot of mutual friends and know the crowd! Actually I felt so bad about Papa Joe last night, I called Bambino's to talk to George Sr. After getting screened and saying it was "Mother" I got George Jr. We chatted awhile and he gave me the secret phone number of his father....I called and the first thing he said was, "You need to come back to Bambino's NOW!" That's a heck of a commute from Alaska! He's 88 now and sounds as snarky as he ever was....which is good!
    Bye Papa Joe, you'll be missed.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1