ROADFOOD Merchandise....

Author
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 753
2003/07/04 11:44:41 (permalink)

ROADFOOD Merchandise....

I was wondering if Jane/Michael/Stephan have ever discussed the possibility of ROADFOOD tshirts,etc...I know I would buy a couple! Would anyone else be interested?

6 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15286
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/04 11:49:40 (permalink)
    If they could provide them in "Larger than Life" sizes (4x or 5x) I would be interested.
    ConeyIslandLou
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 753
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/04 14:59:13 (permalink)
    You would think that the larger sizes being available would be almost de rigeur..considering the common interest of everyone here! Of course there ARE lucky ones like Michael,who seem to NOT be affected by his hobby/lifestyle!
    Liketoeat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/09 12:19:13 (permalink)
    Agree that most Roadfood tee shirts would probably need to be super sized. However, this post concerns Roadfood merchandise of a different sort and currently available, specifically, the series of Roadfood books/cookbooks. Reading /seeing this morning of Jane's new book, "Ambulance Girl" and the "Harry Caray Cookbook" reminded me of how much I've enjoyed my copies of "Roadfood" and "Durgin Park Cookbook". It also reminded me of this past Christmas having given a copy of "Roadfood" as a gift to a Memphis couple who are "roadfood nuts" and whose work schedules are such that they have a lot of short term (long weekend type) rather than a few week-long or longer vacations. I've never given to anyone for any occasion a gift so appreciated and used. They immediately read the entire volume and this year have scheduled most of their weekend vacation trips specifically for "Roadfood" recommended restaurant visits, "checking them off" as they are completed. They also keep the now dogeared copy of "Roadfood" in their car or truck for ready reference in any travel. It makes one feel good to give a gift which is used and appreciated, and I've never given a gift which so fell in those categories as this copy of "Roadfood" to the "D's". I'm anxious to obtain other Roadfood books for myself , and, perhaps, Roadfood publications would be good gift idea for others. Liketoeat
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15286
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/09 15:16:01 (permalink)
    Like To--- has the right idea. A book needs to be used, rather than 'collected'. I have 3 Roadfoods(different editions), 1 Roadfood/Goodfood, 1 Goodfood, 1 Eating your Way across the U S A , 1 Real American Food, 1 Taste of America, and 1 American Gourmet. Most look 'used' because they are !! We don't go on a trip without the triple A guides and Our Stern's Collection...at least the roadfood copies. As a wandering tripper, they do come in MORE than HANDY for us.
    jmckee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1187
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/10 18:27:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

If they could provide them in "Larger than Life" sizes (4x or 5x) I would be interested.

A local DJ here in Cincinnati on the late, lamented "Jazz Ark," WNOP-AM, sold station T-shirts in small, medium, large, and "mammoth petite."
    jmckee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1187
    RE: ROADFOOD Merchandise.... 2003/07/10 18:29:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Like To--- has the right idea. A book needs to be used, rather than 'collected'. I have 3 Roadfoods(different editions), 1 Roadfood/Goodfood, 1 Goodfood, 1 Eating your Way across the U S A , 1 Real American Food, 1 Taste of America, and 1 American Gourmet. Most look 'used' because they are !! We don't go on a trip without the triple A guides and Our Stern's Collection...at least the roadfood copies. As a wandering tripper, they do come in MORE than HANDY for us.

Amen, brother Al. Since I got interested in the Sterns' Roadfood work, I have obtained and used every such volume, and this website. I work for a company that sends folks to the "field" to work, and I am unofficial "food consultant." And when my favorite neighbors moved (sniff, weep) to Paducah, KY (Baaaawwwwllll),the first thing they did was to follow my advice and eat at Skin Head's!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1