Helpful ReplyRally's

Author
WaffleHouserules
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
2005/04/01 15:40:59 (permalink)

Rally's

i love rallys. they are my favorite fast food joint. Big bufords are goood. I had a rallys walking distance frome me and it went out of buisness and they put a white castle in there.
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 00:36:16 (permalink)
Sounds to me like you won out! Rally's came here a few years ago and spread like wildfire then some converted to Checkers and most of those flared out quickly. There are still a few Rally's around the city and the closest one seems to be able to hold on even though its in a virtual sea of FF places. Within about a mile theres KFC, Subway, Arby's, TacoBell, McD's, Rally's, Krystals, Wendy's, Larry's Giant Subs, Firehouse Subs and Wing Ho's Chinee Takee Outee (don't yell at me thats what its called) 2 for $1.50 shrimp rolls are STUFFED with shrimp and the packaged hot mustard is pretty good
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 647
RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 08:08:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by WaffleHouserules

i love rallys. they are my favorite fast food joint. Big bufords are goood. I had a rallys walking distance frome me and it went out of buisness and they put a white castle in there.

Getting a White Castle (either in place of a Rally's or Checker's), I'd call that almost as good as winning the lottery!!!

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
WaffleHouserules
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 14:33:22 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by QFan

quote:

Getting a White Castle (either in place of a Rally's or Checker's), I'd call that almost as good as winning the lottery!!!

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

I cannot stand white castle.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5068
RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 15:12:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by QFan

quote:

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

Yep. I agree 100%.
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 16:17:21 (permalink)
There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground on either WC's or Krystals. People either tend to love 'em (my camp) or hate 'em. Oh well!

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
jerseygirl127
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 454
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 08:54:16 (permalink)
Have to agree-- RALLY's ROCKS- so does WHITE CASTLE.. we have a rally's not to far from our house but we are still holding out all hope for a white castle to come soon.... that would be awesome-- although some what dangerous around this house..haha
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 10:39:31 (permalink)
Oh good!!! another thread about a fast food place!!!! How nice!
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 11:30:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wingmanBBF 2015/06/24 08:05:24
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Some chains do it better than others, or have a more unique menu or product. Don't worry it's not catching. If you don't want to go there, don't. There's room in RF.com for mucho diverse opinion!

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 14:47:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Fast Good IS roadfood!! When your running behind schedule being able to grab a sackful of whatever and eat while driving puts it at the head of the list. Of course for those times w/o a schedule, when your just chasing the bumper over the back roads, finding a hole in the wall like "Bubba's Backyard BBQ" or "Katie's Kountry Kitchen" or some other family run eatery can be VERY rewarding gastronomically. I find it amazing that people complain about FF threads when the subject is HAMBURGERS!! I prefer a 5 napkin type of place to a 5* where the "hamburger" is 3 oz of ground filet mignon surrounded by 4 baby carrots, 6 peppercorns and a tomatoe rose!
jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 15:37:21 (permalink)
With all the dreaded "fast food" and "chain" posts around here, maybe a forum should be created. You guys could hide it way down on the list. I live in a Metro area of Chicago so really"real" roadfood as defined on the homepage is pretty much out of reach, unless it's a weekend or vacation. I have some faves but sorry i still do the dreaded chain on occasion. Go Illini!
BJames
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 15:53:22 (permalink)
I disovered Rallys about 14 years ago, I still love the food but hardly go because the service is so poor. I have waited as long as 20 min. in a line of less than 2 cars before. Shortly after they opened in St. Louis, I called the regional office and said I had a complaint and demanded to speak to someone in charge. When some poor guy got one the phone (just waiting for an earfull I'm sure) I told him my complaint was that there were no Rallys near my house and I wanted them to open one. I ended up receiving 20 free burger coupons from them because of my comments.
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Rally's 2005/05/01 18:07:27 (permalink)
Down is this part of the world, we have mostly Checkers instead of Rally's. They are very heavily concentrated up and down the west coast of Florida. As far as I can tell, they're pretty much the identical set up (drive thru) and menu as Rally's. Checkers has a quarter-pound burger called the Champ Burger and of course the CB w/ cheese. IMO, it is way above average for a fast food burger. It comes w/ everything, California style, and is very reasonably priced. Don't know if Rally's carries it on their menu or not. So for those of you RF-ers who are willing to give chains the occasional benefit of the doubt, you might want to give it a try.
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 19986
RE: Rally's 2005/05/01 19:33:41 (permalink)
Rally's and Checkers are the same company.
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Rally's 2005/05/02 09:35:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Rally's and Checkers are the same company.

Understood. I was just trying to stress the point that, while their menus (and ownership) are mostly the same, it seems that Checkers has the "Champ" burger and I don't think Rally's does. Champ burger is above average in taste and price (IMO) compared to most ff burgers.

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Rally's 2005/05/03 03:26:28 (permalink)
Checkers also had Apple Chips on the menu for a while. Odd, but not bad. The last one I went through didn't have them listen on the menu board, so I can only guess that they didn't go over well.
swillard
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: Rally's 2005/05/22 16:14:37 (permalink)
I love Rally's fries. No one else has fries like them in town. I think their burgers are much better than most FF chains as well.

We used to have a chain of FF restaurants called Speedys, then they all changed to Rally's (don't know if bought out or name change).

The chain I miss most is GD Ritzys!!!!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 19986
RE: Rally's 2005/05/22 16:17:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by swillard

I love Rally's fries. No one else has fries like them in town. I think their burgers are much better than most FF chains as well.

We used to have a chain of FF restaurants called Speedys, then they all changed to Rally's (don't know if bought out or name change).

In the Columbus, Ohio area Rally's was Snapburger before the name change.
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Rally's 2005/05/23 09:57:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by swillard

We used to have a Speedy's in Lexington, KY and I loved their burgers. I think they failed because they had a bad location.
Rally's is still in Lexington, and I like their burgers every now and then. I too miss GD Ritzys --- especially their cheeseburger basket.

Andrea
GML
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Rally's 2015/06/24 04:10:19 (permalink)
I am addicted to Rally's BLT's.  Not only are they good, they are cheap, at $1.19 each.  I've always found Rally's to have the best value priced items over the years.
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9378
RE: Rally's 2015/06/24 16:53:54 (permalink)
We have one Rally's in West Los Angeles but it's in the process of morphing into something different.

Can I hope for a Prince's Hot Chicken?  (The fried chicken thread made me want it again)
Root-Beer Man
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 537
RE: Rally's 2015/06/24 17:41:04 (permalink)
I'm a Rally's fan when it comes to fast food burgers. I'll take their Double Rally Burger w/ Cheese over any other FF burger out there (even their Big Buford). And their fries are pretty darned good (I say that as a non-lover of fries). Good value for the dollar. Never had any problems with service, other than breakdowns of their register system that puts them out of business.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15715
RE: Rally's 2015/06/24 18:51:43 (permalink)
Of all the FF Burger places around us, I would admit to choosing Rally's 6 out of 10 times we are out and want a quick burger (or other option), Then of the remaining choices 3 of the 10 would go to Culvers, and the last 1 of the 10 left open for whatever we can find when we are "desperate" and on the road.
Right now our top choice on the RALLY'S Menu is the Double Fish Sandwich... It has been on the 2 for $5 Special Board for a long time and two of those Sandwiches will fill the hungriest RF Moderator. I order them EXTRA CRISPY-or EXTRA WELL-Done, to be sure the Fish is HOT and CRUNCHY...and has not been sitting in a holding tray.
Another Rally's PLUS they will flavor their Cokes at no extra charge..Nothing 'special', but I like a Cherry Coke now and then. I've tried some of the exotic additions to the menu and some are ok some aren't.
Seasoned Fries are good, if Fresh and Hot... reheated they are too greasey.  The Poppers are OK but $2 for 5 peppers is a bit high. We tried some of the sweets and didn't bother to reorder...not good and cost more than the real Fair Food.
RALLY'S big drinks are served in reuseable plastic cups with the U of Louisville logo and team support graphics and schedules, so we save them and use them at family picnics etc.
Jan does not like White Castles, so we don't go there. I have stopped at one now and then if I am out, but prefer the other brands mentioned above.
We will stop at Wendy's now and then...usually a winter night. I like the chili.
Our local KFC's, 3 of them, are owned run by an idiot, who has for years put out a terrible version of the Colonel's recipe. If I want FF Chicken I visit POPEYE'S...until we can go to Huber's for a real Dinner.

I wish we had a JIB in this area. My favorite FF of all is the Greasy TACO, Last I heard it was still 2 for $1. I love those little deep-fried devils...I make no claims to their having "Quality"...But I love'em and can easily nail $5 worth for a fast lunch when I find them.

Their are lot's of better places to get a Burger around the Country...In-n-Out for example, BUT we are talking about what we like to do around our own neighborhoods...al
Ketteract
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 513
Re: Rally's 2015/06/24 18:55:23 (permalink)
Hmm.  Rally's/Checkers had a single CT location, in Bristol, but it apparently closed in 2013.  

In high school I used to do the 2/$2 chiliburger deal a lot at their location on Kimberly Road in Davenport, IA.  That one's still there.  I may need to engage in a bit of nostalgic indulgence the next time I'm visiting.
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9378
RE: Rally's 2015/06/24 19:25:53 (permalink)
mayor al
Of all the FF Burger places around us, I would admit to choosing Rally's 6 out of 10 times we are out and want a quick burger (or other option), Then of the remaining choices 3 of the 10 would go to Culvers, and the last 1 of the 10 left open for whatever we can find when we are "desperate" and on the road.
Right now our top choice on the RALLY'S Menu is the Double Fish Sandwich... It has been on the 2 for $5 Special Board for a long time and two of those Sandwiches will fill the hungriest RF Moderator. I order them EXTRA CRISPY-or EXTRA WELL-Done, to be sure the Fish is HOT and CRUNCHY...and has not been sitting in a holding tray.
Another Rally's PLUS they will flavor their Cokes at no extra charge..Nothing 'special', but I like a Cherry Coke now and then. I've tried some of the exotic additions to the menu and some are ok some aren't.
Seasoned Fries are good, if Fresh and Hot... reheated they are too greasey.  The Poppers are OK but $2 for 5 peppers is a bit high. We tried some of the sweets and didn't bother to reorder...not good and cost more than the real Fair Food.
RALLY'S big drinks are served in reuseable plastic cups with the U of Louisville logo and team support graphics and schedules, so we save them and use them at family picnics etc.
Jan does not like White Castles, so we don't go there. I have stopped at one now and then if I am out, but prefer the other brands mentioned above.
We will stop at Wendy's now and then...usually a winter night. I like the chili.
Our local KFC's, 3 of them, are owned run by an idiot, who has for years put out a terrible version of the Colonel's recipe. If I want FF Chicken I visit POPEYE'S...until we can go to Huber's for a real Dinner.

I wish we had a JIB in this area. My favorite FF of all is the Greasy TACO, Last I heard it was still 2 for $1. I love those little deep-fried devils...I make no claims to their having "Quality"...But I love'em and can easily nail $5 worth for a fast lunch when I find them.

Their are lot's of better places to get a Burger around the Country...In-n-Out for example, BUT we are talking about what we like to do around our own neighborhoods...al

NOW you tell me!
GML
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Rally's 2015/07/09 00:19:52 (permalink)
Something else I love about Rally's is their double drive-thru.  When the driver's side lane is lined up, I just scoot around to the passenger side lane, and bingo! 
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15715
RE: Rally's 2015/07/09 10:36:25 (permalink)
GML- Of the Rally's we have used in the Louisville area, we've found the Clarksville store to be the best for cleaness and service. On the lowest end of that list would be the stand on Preston Hwy near the airport. I've suffered messed up orders, and a lot of trash around the drive-thrus..not a good sign.
Phildelmar
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: Rally's 2015/07/09 11:02:49 (permalink)
There is a Checkers near me. Cheap but nothing to write home about
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6820
RE: Rally's 2015/07/09 13:48:13 (permalink)
I agree...checkers is nothing special....a bit better than a Wendy's type burger, but not much!!!
Jump to:
© 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1
-->