Rally's

Author
WaffleHouserules
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
2005/04/01 15:40:59 (permalink)

Rally's

i love rallys. they are my favorite fast food joint. Big bufords are goood. I had a rallys walking distance frome me and it went out of buisness and they put a white castle in there.

18 Replies Related Threads

dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 00:36:16 (permalink)
    Sounds to me like you won out! Rally's came here a few years ago and spread like wildfire then some converted to Checkers and most of those flared out quickly. There are still a few Rally's around the city and the closest one seems to be able to hold on even though its in a virtual sea of FF places. Within about a mile theres KFC, Subway, Arby's, TacoBell, McD's, Rally's, Krystals, Wendy's, Larry's Giant Subs, Firehouse Subs and Wing Ho's Chinee Takee Outee (don't yell at me thats what its called) 2 for $1.50 shrimp rolls are STUFFED with shrimp and the packaged hot mustard is pretty good
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 642
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 08:08:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by WaffleHouserules

i love rallys. they are my favorite fast food joint. Big bufords are goood. I had a rallys walking distance frome me and it went out of buisness and they put a white castle in there.

Getting a White Castle (either in place of a Rally's or Checker's), I'd call that almost as good as winning the lottery!!!

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    WaffleHouserules
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 353
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 14:33:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by QFan

quote:

Getting a White Castle (either in place of a Rally's or Checker's), I'd call that almost as good as winning the lottery!!!

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

I cannot stand white castle.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 15:12:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by QFan

quote:

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Yep. I agree 100%.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/02 16:17:21 (permalink)
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground on either WC's or Krystals. People either tend to love 'em (my camp) or hate 'em. Oh well!

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    jerseygirl127
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 08:54:16 (permalink)
    Have to agree-- RALLY's ROCKS- so does WHITE CASTLE.. we have a rally's not to far from our house but we are still holding out all hope for a white castle to come soon.... that would be awesome-- although some what dangerous around this house..haha
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 10:39:31 (permalink)
    Oh good!!! another thread about a fast food place!!!! How nice!
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 11:30:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

Some chains do it better than others, or have a more unique menu or product. Don't worry it's not catching. If you don't want to go there, don't. There's room in RF.com for mucho diverse opinion!

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 14:47:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

Fast Good IS roadfood!! When your running behind schedule being able to grab a sackful of whatever and eat while driving puts it at the head of the list. Of course for those times w/o a schedule, when your just chasing the bumper over the back roads, finding a hole in the wall like "Bubba's Backyard BBQ" or "Katie's Kountry Kitchen" or some other family run eatery can be VERY rewarding gastronomically. I find it amazing that people complain about FF threads when the subject is HAMBURGERS!! I prefer a 5 napkin type of place to a 5* where the "hamburger" is 3 oz of ground filet mignon surrounded by 4 baby carrots, 6 peppercorns and a tomatoe rose!
    jeepguy
    • Total Posts : 1555
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 15:37:21 (permalink)
    With all the dreaded "fast food" and "chain" posts around here, maybe a forum should be created. You guys could hide it way down on the list. I live in a Metro area of Chicago so really"real" roadfood as defined on the homepage is pretty much out of reach, unless it's a weekend or vacation. I have some faves but sorry i still do the dreaded chain on occasion. Go Illini!
    BJames
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 30
    RE: Rally's 2005/04/04 15:53:22 (permalink)
    I disovered Rallys about 14 years ago, I still love the food but hardly go because the service is so poor. I have waited as long as 20 min. in a line of less than 2 cars before. Shortly after they opened in St. Louis, I called the regional office and said I had a complaint and demanded to speak to someone in charge. When some poor guy got one the phone (just waiting for an earfull I'm sure) I told him my complaint was that there were no Rallys near my house and I wanted them to open one. I ended up receiving 20 free burger coupons from them because of my comments.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/01 18:07:27 (permalink)
    Down is this part of the world, we have mostly Checkers instead of Rally's. They are very heavily concentrated up and down the west coast of Florida. As far as I can tell, they're pretty much the identical set up (drive thru) and menu as Rally's. Checkers has a quarter-pound burger called the Champ Burger and of course the CB w/ cheese. IMO, it is way above average for a fast food burger. It comes w/ everything, California style, and is very reasonably priced. Don't know if Rally's carries it on their menu or not. So for those of you RF-ers who are willing to give chains the occasional benefit of the doubt, you might want to give it a try.
    QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18255
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/01 19:33:41 (permalink)
    Rally's and Checkers are the same company.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/02 09:35:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Rally's and Checkers are the same company.

Understood. I was just trying to stress the point that, while their menus (and ownership) are mostly the same, it seems that Checkers has the "Champ" burger and I don't think Rally's does. Champ burger is above average in taste and price (IMO) compared to most ff burgers.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/03 03:26:28 (permalink)
    Checkers also had Apple Chips on the menu for a while. Odd, but not bad. The last one I went through didn't have them listen on the menu board, so I can only guess that they didn't go over well.
    swillard
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/22 16:14:37 (permalink)
    I love Rally's fries. No one else has fries like them in town. I think their burgers are much better than most FF chains as well.

We used to have a chain of FF restaurants called Speedys, then they all changed to Rally's (don't know if bought out or name change).

The chain I miss most is GD Ritzys!!!!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18255
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/22 16:17:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by swillard

I love Rally's fries. No one else has fries like them in town. I think their burgers are much better than most FF chains as well.

We used to have a chain of FF restaurants called Speedys, then they all changed to Rally's (don't know if bought out or name change).

In the Columbus, Ohio area Rally's was Snapburger before the name change.
    AndreaB
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Rally's 2005/05/23 09:57:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by swillard

We used to have a Speedy's in Lexington, KY and I loved their burgers. I think they failed because they had a bad location.
    Rally's is still in Lexington, and I like their burgers every now and then. I too miss GD Ritzys --- especially their cheeseburger basket.

Andrea
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1