LockedRats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2442
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/23 21:00:45 (permalink)
Shocked, utterly shocked I say!! I work not far from this location and have gone there two or three times. I've found it to be pretty dirty and the staff to have a real "oh, are there people here?" approach to customer service. I take a baseball approach to most places and will usually give it three chances. But this place had it's three strikes and they're out!
CCJPO
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 543
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/23 21:37:35 (permalink)
David NYC:

Thank you, you made my point. With such diversity of culinary and epicuean delights, I personally, would opt any one of those over a KFC, regardless of the vagaries of peoples tastes. I don't know how many restaurants there are in NYC, that are not fast food. Hell,I would guess that a body could have take out and/or delivery for lunch and dinner for a year w/o ever having to do fast food,and w/o ever repeating themselves,unless of course it was by choice.

As to the time issue for exhausted people coming home from work, I and I am guessing many others on thios board can put togeather an inexpensive, wholesome, healthy meal in less then 30 minutes. Tonight we had grilled (indoors) chicken thighs, some rigitoni w/a a garlic marsala butter sauce, green beans and a salad.
Total prep and cook time and to the table - 28 minutes. And I can pretty much do this every day of the week. Also that is what crockpots/slow cookers are good for. A little prep time, turn it on, come home and presto - a good filling home cooked meal, at a fraction of the cost of a meal that some one buys from a restaurant. But my thoughts on healthy eating are probably a topic for another topic. Taker care. Peace out.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3006
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 10:13:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:
Originally posted by ChiTownDiner

Backstreet regular and a 74 concert veteran...

I see...so you have good taste in web sites and music!!

Ditto!
V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 10:17:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7
[brReminds me of a book I read by the title of "King Rat" I believe the author was James Clavell

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Book was written by Clavell but the movie is also pretty good. George Segal plays "King Rat".
V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 10:25:27 (permalink)
Rat isn't so bad. Just remember squirrels are really tree rats.

Now you want to see some really BIG rats in NYC go down to the docks.
Theedge
  • Total Posts : 1196
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 10:44:03 (permalink)
I was watching a program on rats the other day. One rat will go out and taste various different food choices and then go talk to the other rats. When the other rats go out they actually go right to the food item the first rat determined was most desirable. They also eat a bit at a time to see if they get sick before continuing to eat, making them hard to poison.
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3160
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 10:47:36 (permalink)
For what it's worth, rats will starve to death rather than eat margarine.
David_NYC
  • Total Posts : 2165
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 12:15:23 (permalink)
The online versions of today's New York City newspapers are giving more details about the story that the sweeps-month coverage of the television stations. One ex-employee told the New York Daily News there is a hole in the wall behind the grill that allows rats to come in from the back of the building:
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/500342p-421877c.html
Comments from the franchisee were printed in the New York Post. They blame a construction project in the basement of the building:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02242007/news/regionalnews/rats_all__folks_regionalnews_john_mazor_and_lukas_i__alpert.htm

All in all, the media is having a lot of fun with this. Go to Google News and type in rats Taco Bell. You will get hundreds of hits, most for newspapers and other outlets that carried the story from a wire service. But, many ran their own headline, and some are really funny.
Some of the headlines:
Blessed Be This KFC Fish
Yum!my Down on Rats
Rats on the Loose!
WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH RAT?
Rats All, Folks
NYC rats race to KFC feast
New York rat race: Rodents invade KFC, Taco Bell restaurant
Taco Bell ratted out by squirmin' vermin
Taco Bell can't exterminate bad news
Rats?! Yum!
New York City: With rats at play, diners stay away
Chicken, burritos, rats at KFC-Taco Bell outlet
Fast food for the rat pack
Urban vermin think outside the bun
While owner's away ... ... rats play, wreak publicity havoc for NY restaurant

I didn't make any of these up. They are from media outlets that carried the story Yum! refers to Yum! Brands, parent of KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.
Ashphalt
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 13:25:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

For what it's worth, rats will starve to death rather than eat margarine.

This message brought to you by the Wisconsin dairy board.
hotdogger
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/24 13:43:08 (permalink)
I know exactly where this KFC/Taco Bell is and let me tell you it is no surprise. This KFC/Taco Bell is a total dump that caters to the street ghouls that inhabit the neighborhood. This dump should be shut down for good because it is filthy stores like this that are absolutely ruining Greenwich Village. If Colonel Sanders was alive today I am sure he would torch the place himself!
bcory
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/25 12:12:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hotdogger

I know exactly where this KFC/Taco Bell is and let me tell you it is no surprise. This KFC/Taco Bell is a total dump that caters to the street ghouls that inhabit the neighborhood. This dump should be shut down for good because it is filthy stores like this that are absolutely ruining Greenwich Village. If Colonel Sanders was alive today I am sure he would torch the place himself!

If it was so filthy how come the KFC/Taco Bell passed a NYC health inspection A DAY BEFORE the rats made the news hmmm?

NY Post Article
hotdogger
Hamburger
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/25 12:28:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by bcory

quote:

If it was so filthy how come the KFC/Taco Bell passed a NYC health inspection A DAY BEFORE the rats made the news hmmm?

NY Post Article

Like i said this place was a total dump and should never open again. In fact the entire block should be nuked and rebuilt from scratch. Did you see the rats crawling around the place? Have you ever walked by this rat paradise? Would you ilke to visit this place and have a meal, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Pigiron
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/25 12:42:15 (permalink)
I walked by this location on the way to dinner yesterday. It's become a bona-fide tourist destination. Folks were standing 3 deep at the windows trying to catch a glimpse of the rats. It was quite a funny sight.

Dinner, by the way, was at Otto Enoteca, which, as usual, did not disappoint, and was seemingly rat-free.
bcory
Hamburger
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/25 14:01:44 (permalink)
quote:
Like i said this place was a total dump and should never open again. In fact the entire block should be nuked and rebuilt from scratch. Did you see the rats crawling around the place? Have you ever walked by this rat paradise? Would you ilke to visit this place and have a meal, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Agian I ask you how did it manage to pass a NYC health inspection hmmmm?

Maybe you should fire your mayor and health department
hotdogger
Hamburger
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/26 01:45:55 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Sorry I am not the inspector. Maybe you should be eating at KFC, hmmmmmmmm??? LOL
bcory
Hamburger
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/26 06:56:10 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry I am not the inspector. Maybe you should be eating at KFC, hmmmmmmmm??? LOL

Yet you deem the place a total dump and the whole block should be rebuilt...but your not an inspector
doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
RE: Rats run wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.C 2007/02/26 08:15:52 (permalink)

Funny story. Last week I turned on my oven up to full temperature as I was going to have a pizza. It is a gas oven and the next thing I knew, there was smoke and flames shooting out of the bottom. I turned it off and the fire subsided before I was forced to use an extinguisher.

I called the landlord, who sent over the maintenance man. Looking under the metal covering revealed that there was a bunch of dried dog food that was brought there by mice!!!! The dog food dish is nearby and it is an easy trip for them. This shocked me only because I have two cats who are now going to have to justify themselves.

Down in New Orleans, it was cockroaches. They were very prevalent throughout that city and the apartment I lived in was lousy with them, regardless of what I tried. The neighbor above me had the same problem, from the same corner, but they were unstoppable.

I should mention that Mark Twain wrote that the cockroaches in that city were so big that they had voting rights....

mark
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1