Yogurt – 200gm
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
Milk – 100ml
Saffron – 2gm
Oil – 100ml
Ghee – 30ml
Salt – to taste

Method:
Pick, wash and soak the rice for 30-40 minutes. And boil it double quantity of water for 2-3 min. Heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Keep aside.
Finely chop the coriander and mint leaves. Grind the green chillies to a fine paste.
Soak the saffron in warm milk. Grind mace, green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorn to a fine powder.
In a bowl, mix together well beaten curds, red chilli powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, mint and coriander leaves, lemon juice, powdered spices and fried onions (crush the onions before adding them).
Rub the chicken legs with this marinade and marinate it for 2 hours.

12 Replies Related Threads

porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2217
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/11 16:57:29 (permalink)
    and then what?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18645
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/11 17:05:18 (permalink)
    Then you eat it and die.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8481
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/11 17:09:03 (permalink)
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/11 19:05:14 (permalink)
    Oh, cool, chicken sushi

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5143
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/12 09:15:22 (permalink)
    I was given a chicken drumstick/leg/wing rack for Christmas so I'd be putting them on the grill.

Brad
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2107
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/12 23:32:56 (permalink)
    The above is misleading.  Kache gosht biryani  is cooking mutton and rice with aromatic herbs. ... onions, tomato and bell pepper.     Gosh or gosht is lamb or mutton.

Kacke (I think) a cooking method, where marinated mutton is cooked with the rice.    ..... pakke, cooked separate  ... kadhi, cooked wok-style.

So the name should be just Chicken Biryani.  The above recipe is not complete. The cooking instructions are left out.
    http://www.route79.com/food/chicken-biriyani.htm
    http://hotsweetspicyrecipes.com/node/23
    Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
    • Total Posts : 1350
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/13 00:05:40 (permalink)
    I believe gosht means meat, not necessarily a particular kind of meat.  Biryani is a rice dish that is usually made with cooked meat.  A kache biryani is distinguished by the fact that the meat is added raw.  The rice and meat are cooked together.

When we lived in London decades ago, we frequented the local inexpensive Indian restaurants.  Dishes were offered in various versions: for instance, beef, lamb, chicken, shrimp, and gosht.  Gosht was always the cheapest option.  We knew gosht was meat, and we had little money, so we always chose gosht, even though the waiters often tried to steer us towards other options, without ever making it clear to us why.  We just thought we were being upsold.  It wasn't until much later that we learned that gosht, back then, in that place and context, meant goat.  Nonetheless, I don't believe it has to mean goat.  I guess it was implied by the fact that all the other possibilities were spelled out on the menu.
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2107
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/13 16:53:42 (permalink)
    That maybe, but every Gosh (gosht) biryani recipe I looked up used lamb, mutton or goat as the meat.   Biryani that used other meats has it specified; ie Beef Biryani.   So if you don't know what meat is used in Gosht Biryani, you had better ask it you don't like goat or mutton.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosht 
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/13 17:15:47 (permalink)
    Nah, just gimme a burger!
    fabulousoyster
    • Total Posts : 1855
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/01/18 15:54:43 (permalink)
    I love all Biryani's and they are all cooked.
    pimple2
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 90
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/03/29 20:47:01 (permalink)
    The OP started on a fairly jumbled-up style of Hyderabad-Deccan style of Murgh Biryani. While Gosht does mean "meat", the context is clearly red meat; gosht never refers to chicken without specifying murgh ka gosht. Gosht Biryani, quite correctly, should be understood to be made of goat, lamb or beef.

Proportions and techniques are off, but the OP should be encouraged to pursue his Biryani-making skills further.

When a biryani is described as kacchi, raw, that is short hand lletting someone know that the meat fraction was raw and steam-cooked with par-cooked rice. There is a certain level of skill here that is cherished and certain points appreciated by connoisseurs. In contrast, the pakki biryani is fashioned out of a qorma, a cooked meat stew.

There is yet another level of skill, where both rice and meat are placed raw into a sealed pot. Finally there are the zarebirian, with somewhat different proportions of base.

This half-finished recipe is an example of a kacchi-pakki biryani, the meat raw and the rice par-cooked. There are the kacchi-kacchi biryani, where both meat & rice are raw. These take much skill and were probably were the Ur-form, very well-known and well-regarded in the time of the MAHABHARATA, c.800 BCE.

Contrary to received wisdom that perpetuate the error that ran was the home of the pilaf/pulao, a quick glance at the etymology of the word plus our current knowledge of the origins of the INDICA types of AROMATIC rices [small, medium & long grain] solely in the foothill zones of the Himalayas from Assam to Uttar Pradesh suggest where this one-pot rice + meat dish originated.

Pala + anna = palaanna by the rules of euphonic combination in Sanskrit & Vedic, preceding it. [ pala =meat, anna =rice]
    That is the root from which pulao, pilaf etc. descend.

Biryan means "fried" and in Iran, "Biryan" is a dish of fried meat, around Mashad, sans RICE. This is not the place to trace the cultural, racial and linguistic affinities of the Indo-Iranian peoples, except to remark that there was a huge freedom of movement and exchange that no longer obtains. Hence the validity of the epithet, Indo-Iranian.

In the UR-Biryani, as we have seen, there is no frying whatsoever. And in the next redaction, too, no frying, but steaming, with the help of copious amounts of ghee & yogurt, both very Indian, repeat Indian. Yes, yogurt is ALSO characteristically Indian, not just a Central Asian artefact , as many ignorant food writers would have it. An error frequently asserted, soon becomes canonical! I am happy to offer stringent proof of my assertions.
    WarToad
    • Total Posts : 1852
    Re:Raw Chicken (kache gosht ki)Biryani. 2011/03/30 08:12:10 (permalink)
    In the same line of raw chicken, I've had chicken sashimi several times while in Japan.  Honestly, I don't care how you spice/sauce it up raw, it just tastes better cooked.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1