Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Really great breakfast places - you rate'm

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 132
Tdybr27

• Total Posts: 92
RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Tue, 11/14/06 8:14 PM (permalink)
I've yet to make it here, but in Independence The Big Biscuit is supposedly the best in town for breakfast. It's ALWAYS packed when I drive by in the mornings.

http://www.bigbiscuitrestaurant.com/

finlandia

• Total Posts: 15
    RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Wed, 11/15/06 11:09 AM (permalink)
    If any of you come to Montreal, Canada, there's a hot dog diner called "La Belle Province" they serve traditional french breakfest of eggs (anyway you want), toast with butter and jam (white or brown), bacon, hash potatoes, assorted fruit (usually a slice of melon and orange or pineapple), beans (there isn't an english word for this one, but it's kinda like a thick bean soup), coffee or tea, and you won't be paying more than $4~5. Each diner has its own ways of making breakfest, so no two are the same, so you can try each one you find every morning!

finlandia

• Total Posts: 15
      RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Wed, 11/15/06 11:11 AM (permalink)
      Oh, and any Canadians that will go to SoCal and area, you have to go for the big breakfest burrito from Del Taco, it is so fresh and moist and rich. I don't find anything mexican about this mean, since it's basically a breakfest cheese omellete put inside a taco wrap, but they will use ham and tomatoes and lots of fresh good stuff and just tastes awesome!

gogan

• Total Posts: 2
        RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sat, 06/7/08 2:38 PM (permalink)
        Don & Paul's in Waterford NY. Good food at a great price.... nice little greasy spoon... awsome cheap club sandwiches... wait staff is very good too...

Forsyth

• Total Posts: 33
          RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sat, 06/7/08 11:57 PM (permalink)
          On LI you can get breakfast at any diner on any corner. Diners are great - but I miss little corner coffee shops that have cheap and fast full breakfasts.

Demi's Coffeeshop in Island Park, NY fits the bill.

Cheap, quick, friendly and they do great breakfasts. Filled with locals "off season" it's a Cheer's kind of place. Go there twice, they remember you.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1504
            RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 06/8/08 12:23 AM (permalink)
            Around just since 1998, I believe Penny Cluse in Burlington, Vermont, is a keeper. I discovered it about a year ago.

I was walking in downtown Burlington one evening and peered from the sidewalk into a tiny, closed diner. A fellow and his lady were walking by. The guy said, "Don't bother."

"No, huh?" said I.

"Nah."

"Okay, then," I challenged, "Where's a great place for breakfast?"

To which both of them, at the very same time, said 'Penny Cluse.' We went there the next day, and have extolled its virtues ever since. To that guy and his lady.... Thanks!

While this site has not yet officially discovered Penny Cluse, I trust it is just a matter of time before that is deliciously rectified.

Here's the website: http://pennycluse.com/

The Bear

stevep

• Total Posts: 58
              RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Thu, 06/12/08 11:12 PM (permalink)
              My favorites in the Worcester, MA area:

1) Gold Star - but only if we can sit at the counter because service at the booths is very hit or miss. Gyro and eggs breakfast is my favorite. They also serve the best home fries in town, IMO. And their corned beef hash is outstanding.

2) Lou Roc's Diner - great home cooked 'comfort food'. I like this place, but only in moderation because of the sheer amount of butter they use. Good breakfast specials.

3) Jan's Kitchen - the best breakfast club sandwich I've found in town... I prefer it with eggs over easy and bacon. Everything else is really good too, but I avoid this place when they're busy since they only have one person on the grill and it can take a long time to get your food.

mchotsie

RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Fri, 06/13/08 6:58 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by mrcocktail

Me - I have but two to add to the list of great places

1.) Dotties True Blue Cafe - 522 Jones St, San Fran. I will say nothing. Just go and report back.

2.) Al's Breakfast 14th Ave SE, Minneapolis MN. Ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

Now send your list.

Holy Crap

I saw this thread and I instantly knew I had to add Dotties to the list. Once I looked at the first post, I saw it was already there! Dotties is hands down my most favorite breakfast place on earth

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
                  RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sat, 06/14/08 11:02 PM (permalink)
                  You can add Harners in North Aurora Illinois to the list of great breakfast places. They have their own farm and the home made pork sausage was probably the best I'd ever eaten. Mrs MFL raved about her cinnamon toast and my grilled house made biscuits (the place is also a bakery) were tops too. I posted some pics on a where to eat in Aurora thread: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28078

MOC

• Total Posts: 40
                    RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Tue, 07/1/08 8:52 PM (permalink)
                    I have to admit to not even loving breakfast but for GRUMPY's in East Dennis, MA (the Cape) I make an exception. The pancake sampler is primo - 1 each of banana, cranberry and blueberry. their omlette combos are awesome. And best of all, you can get a side of mac and cheese even at breakfast, and boy is it ever good. oh man!! Now I've got a craving going and no imediate plans for a trip to the Cape!!!!

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6082
                      RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Thu, 07/3/08 8:07 AM (permalink)
                      Rainbow Diner in Brick...great breakfast...second choice..almost any other diner...they seem to thrive on great breakfasts!!!!

nhcatwoman

RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Mon, 07/7/08 10:27 AM (permalink)
                        If you ever travel to the White Mountains of NH, you've gotta try two fantastic places for breakfast and early lunch:

Water Wheel, Rt. 2 in Jefferson, NH (between Lancaster and Randolph/Gorham. Owned and run by Trisha and Kevin Arakelian, this place rocks! Incredible omelets, pancakes the size of dinner plates, and THE best French toast! They have this incredible breakfast called the "Mount Washington", which is eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, home fries, toast, and I can't remember what else -- it's served on THREE platters -- and I believe it runs about $8! The downside of this place is that it is well known among tourists, so expect a slight wait on Saturdays and Sundays, but it's well worth it! Nice gift shop too!

Tea Birds, Main Street (Rt. 16 North), Berlin, NH (between Gorham and Milan/Dummer/Errol). Owned and run by Scott and Heather Gregory, this place is a favorite among locals, and there is never a wait for a table. I highly recommend the omelets (I usually get the Western), which come with home fries, homemade toast, and coffee for around $6. On-street parking can be a challenge on a Saturday morning (when surrounding stores are open), but -- trust me -- this place is worth it!

Linda :)

Wandering Chew

• Total Posts: 121
                          RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Mon, 07/14/08 4:25 PM (permalink)
                          what are best breakfasts in NJ- Rutgers area- Piscataway, Brunswick NJ??

Rockbeast

• Total Posts: 44
                            RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Wed, 07/23/08 2:43 PM (permalink)
                            I too vote for The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island, GA. I fell in love with shrimp and grits here. Once they had a special breakfast burrito. It was a tortilla flavored with chilis I think, wrapped around a concoction of eggs, cheeses (maybe monterey jack and asada?) potatoes, and chorizo sausage. Mmmmm...good! It was called a Black Jack or Blackhawk burrito I think. Sitting at the counter is the most fun, as the cooks will put on a little show of jokes and maybe a little culinary dexterity with eggs and pancakes!

You might see Sandra Bullock in a booth having breakfast I am told (she built a house on the island). But it's the food and fun that sells the place to me. A weekday is better, gets overrun with tourists (like me!) on the weekend. You will be standing in line out the door. Here's the website to the menu if that's ok:

http://www.tybeeisland.com/dining/brclub/menu.html

By the way, this post was my 21st...can I get a Black Jack Burrito for that?

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
                              RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Wed, 07/23/08 4:56 PM (permalink)
                              How about a Black Jack firecracker?

http://www.blackjackfireworksstore.com

natewrites

• Total Posts: 3
                                RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Mon, 10/12/09 11:44 AM (permalink)
                                I know I posted this somewhere, too.
                                Nebraska: Lincoln, NE, Hi-Way Diner; Virginia's Cafe; McCook, NE, "Our Place."

I noticed many searches haven't drummed up breakfast diners in the Black Hills area, and since Mt. Rushmore and all the touristy stuff is out here, I'd better post this as I live here and am in the know about good foodie places.  So here it goes:

Black Hills, South Dakota area: (Rapid City, Sturgis, Rochford, Spearfish, Deadwood, Hot Springs, Custer)

Rapid City: Cambell Street Cafe (Under Happy Jacks in phone book).  It's where the locals go.  GREAT people watching.  Go early.  They close at 1:00 p.m.  Fantastic bacon, always great service.

Alpine Inn, Hill City, SD: An old miners' hotel transformed and kept period, serving some of the best German breads, desserts and sausages.  I don't know if it's open for breakfast.  It's one of the few places that pleases both tourists and locals.  Get there early.  There's often a line, despite whatever weather or time of year.

J-9 Cafe, Hill City: good and greasy.  Good people watching.   Almost always open.

Bay Leaf Cafe, Hudson St, Spearfish:  Absolutely wonderful, has many pies/soups, all fresh.  Check hours.  Local chef.  Call ahead.

Rochford, (Just south of Deadwood) Moonshine Gulch Saloon: There is so much atmosphere, I can't even begin.  Bring a camera.  Used to be an old stable during Deadwood's gold rush period.  Place looks like it's falling down, but well worth the stop.  The menu ENTIRELY depends upon the friendly owner, Betsy's mood.  Homemade, hand-cut  french fries, not from a distributor.  Sometimes, she's open around breakfast, sometimes not.  That's part of the charm, I guess.

Mt. Rushmore (the actual Mt. Rushmore, not just a diner in Keystone, SD) : I can't believe I'm posting this.  This May a friend got a buy one, get one free coupon for breakfast at this touristy place.  I just assumed it would be bad, and went with a negative attitude (there are more than one restaurants to avoid in Keystone, trust me).  I was pleasantly suprised.  While this was in May, and not the height of tourist season, the breakfast was awesome.  I had biscuits and gravy.  The biscuits were fresh and fluffy; the gravy homemade and peppery; the eggs were good, and the bacon thick. I was very suprised.

Hope this helps tourists!
                                Natalie

**It should be noted that during the motorcycle rally, (first week in August) some of these restaurants change their menus around (making portions smaller and raising prices) or shut down altogether.   Best to ask a local what places do not change their menus at this time.

rainyday6

• Total Posts: 98
                                  RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 12:43 AM (permalink)
                                  My kitchen.  People love my eggs.  I let the butter brown slightly then break the eggs right into the pan and fold them into the butter a few times until they are still "wet".  They have a rich nice nutty flavor.  I like to make breakfast sandwiches with them.

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                                    RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 8:05 AM (permalink)
                                    1. Polly’s Pancake Parlor – 672 Sugar HIll Rd (Route 117), Sugar Hill, NH 03586
                                    2. Blue Moon Cafe – 1621 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231
                                    3. Harry’s Roadhouse – 96B Old Las Vegas Highway, Santa Fe, NM 87505
                                    4. Kel’s Kitchen – 800 N Coit Rd, Richardson, TX 75080
                                    5. Matt’s Big Breakfast – 801 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
                                    6. The Silver Skillet – 200 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
                                    7. Randy’s Donuts – 805 W Manchester Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90301

<message edited by EatingTheRoad on Sun, 10/25/09 8:07 AM>

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 10:31 AM (permalink)
                                      rainyday6

My kitchen.  People love my eggs.  I let the butter brown slightly then break the eggs right into the pan and fold them into the butter a few times until they are still "wet".  They have a rich nice nutty flavor.  I like to make breakfast sandwiches with them.

where is the restaurant called "my kitchen" located. Is there a web site for this restaurant?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 10:32 AM (permalink)
                                        wanderingjew

rainyday6

where is the restaurant called "my kitchen" located?. Is there a web site for this restaurant?

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
                                          RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 10:56 AM (permalink)
                                          There's more than one?
                                          Sorry I don't have a web site.
                                          Today my kitchen turned out toasted English Muffins slathered with sugar free raspberry jam, an egg, a couple of strips of double smoked bacon, and a wedge of Butter Käse cheese; all served with a smile.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6224
                                            RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 11:36 AM (permalink)
                                            I don't rate'em. I just show'em.

http://web.mac.com/davydd...e/Pages/Breakfast.html

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                                              RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 11:53 AM (permalink)
                                              Davydd those are quite impressive!

appycamper

• Total Posts: 74
                                                RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 2:06 PM (permalink)
                                                Ingrid's Kitchen
                                                3701 N Youngs Blvd.
                                                Oklahoma City, OK 73112
                                                405-946-8444
                                                www.ingridskitchen.com

german restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. it's all great food well prepared. but breakfast is exceptional. garlicky oven-roasted potatoes, german sausage or schnitzel as well as bacon, breakfast sausage or ham. sausage gravy and light, fluffy biscuits is a good breakfast all by itself. they're also a bakery so there are lots of fresh-baked breads, bagels and sweets. 

breakfast monday through saturday. plus a breakfast buffet on saturday and brunch buffet sunday.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                                                  RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 2:31 PM (permalink)
                                                  I can't believe I forgot to mention Britton's Cafe in Ely, Minnesota. Terrific breakfasts.

appycamper

• Total Posts: 74
                                                    • Location: oklahoma city, OK
                                                    RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 2:44 PM (permalink)
                                                    generally i'd rather skip a meal than go to a chain restaurant. i make an exception for jimmy's egg. the franchise is small, 21 restaurants in oklahoma, kansas and texas. the original is on north may avenue in okc and maintains an enviable neighborhood joint, grungy-dive factor. it's clean but not new. they "get" breakfast and everything is good. pancakes, waffles, homemade bread, 3-egg omelets with enough ingredient choices to keep anyone happy. hashbrowns are crisp and brown on the outside, soft and fluffy in the inside. home fries, grits, thick bacon, chicken fried steak, corned beef hash are all good. never had an egg that wasn't cooked exactly as i ordered it.

breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. www.jimmysegg.com 

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6224
                                                      RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 2:45 PM (permalink)
                                                      I missed Britton's with it being off the main drag. The Chocolate Moose just a block up the street is not a place to sneer at. It was terrific as well. Next time I'll check Britton's.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                                                        RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Sun, 10/25/09 3:03 PM (permalink)
                                                        Davydd

I missed Britton's with it being off the main drag. The Chocolate Moose just a block up the street is not a place to sneer at. It was terrific as well. Next time I'll check Britton's.

Britton's is strictly a local's place. Very friendly. It's the next street south of, and parallel to, Sheridan, but I can't recall the street name.

gregys

• Total Posts: 126
                                                          • Location: finleyville, PA
                                                          RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Tue, 12/8/09 12:42 PM (permalink)
                                                          Its hard to beat, a place near my home. Real fried potatoes( I hate hash browns) the thickest bacon I have ever eaten, and just plain old good.
                                                          There is a buffet but you know how buffets get.
                                                          You almost need a reservation Sunday morning.
                                                          Its been there since the 60's, the Blue Flame, Pittsburgh.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9574
                                                            • Location: Gilbert, AZ
                                                            RE: Really great breakfast places - you rate'm Tue, 12/8/09 1:45 PM (permalink)
                                                            bam66

Anyone know of some great breakfast joints in Arizona like the kind you find all over in California? I know of just a small handfull out here. We have a great variety of food in AZ, but two things we're weak on are great burger joints and great breakfast joints.
                                                            ~Brian

There's Bunches of them in the Valley. 
                                                            Hoosiers Cafe
                                                            393 West Warner Road, (just West of AZ Av)
                                                            Chandler, AZ 85225 (480) 814-7199

Harlows Cafe
                                                            1021 W University Dr (Cross Street-Hardy Dr)
                                                            Tempe, AZ 85281
                                                            (480) 829-9444

The Breakfast Club
                                                            4400 North Scottsdale Road,
                                                            Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (480) 222-2582 http://www.thebreakfastclub.us/

Black Bear Diners
                                                            (Various Loications)
                                                            http://www.blackbeardiner.com/ 

Crackers & Co.
                                                            http://www.crackersandcompanycafe.com/breakfast.php

LoLo's Chicken & Waffles- GO TO THE ORIGINAL ONE ON YUMA ST FIRST!
                                                            http://www.loloschickenandwaffles.com/locations.php

These are just for starters
                                                            <message edited by Foodbme on Tue, 12/8/09 1:52 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 132

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com