The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire?

petros

• Total Posts: 2
Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire? Wed, 07/9/03 4:45 AM (permalink)
I am looking for reasonable priced good places to eat in the Inland Empire, which includes: Yucaipa, Calimesa, Mentone, Loma Linda, Highland and San Bernardino I live and work in the local mountains and a friend showed me BottomLine Secrets magazine and he is not online. He is retired and I am on a small budget.
We only have two restaurants in Forest Falls and it gets old real quick After spending the money on gas to drive down into the valley to go shopping or see a movie, etc., it seems to make sense to shop around for good food at a good price Please, no fast food places, I am trying to stay away from those Thanks for all of the ideas I know you will be sending my way.

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
    RE: Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire? Wed, 07/9/03 5:48 PM (permalink)
    Is Beaumont too far? Country Junction is a homey coffeeshop-type place to get a big hearty breakfast or catfish dinner. I like their friendliness and the way they pamper their customers. I winced when a baby at a nearby table screamed, and my waitress immediately disappeared and returned to hand me some aspirin! 704 East 6th Street. As I was looking up the address on the net, I stumbled upon this site which looks perfect for you www.allanborgen.com

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire? Wed, 07/9/03 6:00 PM (permalink)
      Petros
      By fast food do you mean the kind that is prepared in advance and stuck in a bag??? Or a burger and other stuff kind of place- cooked to order.
      Farmer Boy's...one is on Redlands Blvd in Loma Linda fits the second description...They cook to order, have great salads and omlets as well as regular breakfast's...Pastrami and steak sandwiches in addition to a variety of burgers. They look like a sit-down Burger Joint but are really pretty good and the prices are cheap !! Great Onion Rings and Zucchini spears also.

petros

• Total Posts: 2
        RE: Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire? Sun, 07/20/03 6:13 AM (permalink)
        blah

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Reasonably priced good food in the Inland Empire? Sun, 07/20/03 10:51 AM (permalink)
          I take it you didn't care for those recommendations.

I suggest that you cruise down Hospitality Lane in San Berdo. It extends east from the interchange of the 10 and 215 for a couple of miles. It is the San Berdo version of Restaurant Row. Pick one that looks like it will fill your needs. Everything from Stuart Anderson's Black Angus to the Prague (Czech)House. No fast food on this strip.
          AL

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com