Red Hot and Blue in DC area

Author
hjbyun
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 100
2005/04/02 01:46:02 (permalink)

Red Hot and Blue in DC area

I went to RH&B tonight with bunch of my friend. I will say that I've been to RH&B many times and I believe that they are the best BBQ in Northern Virginia (I have yet to make it out to Ben's Whole Hog).

Ribs were good both dry and wet. Sides (collards, hush puppies, corn muffin, rice) were all passible but nothing to sing about. But there were two items that were outstanding, the dry rub seasoning on the table as condiment (I wish I knew what was in them) and the fries. I love their fries!!! The worst was the brisket. The brisket was very dry and had no smoke flavor at all.

1 Reply Related Threads

QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 643
    RE: Red Hot and Blue in DC area 2005/04/11 19:43:48 (permalink)
    I used to enjoy eating (frequently) at the original R, H & B on Wilson Bvd in the Rosslyn area of Arlington, VA. The owners who started it were two lawyers (K Street types) originally from Tennessee who claimed it was modeled after Corky's in Memphis. They even hinted that they had pried some of the receipes from the Corky's management. Can't confirm that, but the que was REAL GOOD. The place was also wildly popular--at a time when the DC area had a definite shortage of authentic que. Well, you know the rest--15 years later they are all over the Washington area, the Mid=Atlantic states and even down in Florida. Except for the first couple they are all franchised. I have visited ones in Williamsburg, Chapel Hill and Delray Beach and I would have to say that they were just "okay." The que was respectable enough, but the atmosphere was like visiting any chain restaurant. No feeling of being in a real pit joint. Don't think I would go out of my way to visit again unless there were no other que choices anywhere around.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1