Red Lion in Grand Rapids MI

Author
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
2004/09/08 23:45:45 (permalink)

Red Lion in Grand Rapids MI

Well, they've been here since 1921. And in my opinion, served a darn tasty chili dog (RED HOTS)! I couldnt even start to remember how many hundreds I've bought from them over the years.. But their great tasting Chili Dogs are now history.. Last Saturday they locked their doors for good. The owner blaming too much competition from "slick national chains". He also stated a fact I found intresting that there are 2,025 restraunts in Grand Rapids... Wow, never imagined there are so many! Here's a link to the story from our local news station:
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2269026&nav=0RceQeYX

3 Replies Related Threads

lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7012
    RE: Red Lion in Grand Rapids MI 2004/09/09 01:00:29 (permalink)
    And I thought the only restaurants in Grand Rapids were at the Amway Grand! They offered me the chef's position at Cygnus but I was already into opening the Trillium at Grand Traverse Resort. I didn't see 2,025 restaurants there!
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Red Lion in Grand Rapids MI 2004/09/23 12:25:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

And I thought the only restaurants in Grand Rapids were at the Amway Grand! They offered me the chef's position at Cygnus but I was already into opening the Trillium at Grand Traverse Resort. I didn't see 2,025 restaurants there!

Sorry for the slow response here, but been out of state for the last couple weeks... Ya, Cygnus is still around I think... But my wallet tells me to stay away from there ($$ Menu)! And I agree with not seeing 2,025 restaurants around here... My guess is they're including every gas station and 7-Eleven that has a hot dog grill or microwave in that count...?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18626
    RE: Red Lion in Grand Rapids MI 2004/09/23 13:00:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

I remember eating at Trillium in about 1984. We were there for the Outdoor Writers Association of America annual conference. I remember the manager of the resort used to be manager of Rockresorts' Caneel Bay Plantation on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I remember his first name was Dick, but I can't recall his last name right now. My wife and I knew him when we lived on St. Thomas. We spent a week at Caneel Bay as his guests.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1