Reiffen's

Author
startrooper00
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 110
2005/12/19 21:47:24 (permalink)

Reiffen's

Ok,
Don't really know where to post this...but quite a few years ago I was traveling through Carrollton, KY and came across this restraunt. I remember it had a really good feel to it with a fireplace and everything. I know they had a few steaks, chicken and some sandwiches. Was just wondering if I am remembering correctly and if anyone has been there recently to tell me more about it.

Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: Reiffen's 2005/12/20 02:35:35 (permalink)
    Startrooper,
    I don't recognize the name "Reiffen's" but could it have been, by any chance, the Lodge at General Butler State Park? Many of the Kentucky State Parks have a Lodge/Motel with an excellent restaurant in the complex. The Lodge at General Butler fits your description. It has a somewhat limited menu, and a nice fireplace in the dining area.

A Google search turned up a place by that name at 1968 Us Hiway 227 in Carrolton. The phone number is 502-732-5570. Call them and see if they fit the description. We generally make a fuel stop in Carrolton when using I-71...and if the traffic is due to be bad in Louisville an hour later, we'll jump across the river there and come home on the Indiana side thru Madison.
    AL
    startrooper00
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Reiffen's 2005/12/20 22:38:52 (permalink)
    Al,
    I have been to that lodge many times... It was very good...but this restraunt was before the park ...Its sits across the street from Long John Silvers and near the Wal-Mart and Kroger...but on the other side of the road as them. I don't remember anything being around it.. And you were right with the google search...Thats it and they are still in business!!!!!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: Reiffen's 2005/12/24 14:37:09 (permalink)

There's a new BBQ place in that same area...Across from WalMart and Kroger. We haven't been there yet, but will try it as soon as we can.

We use either the Kroger or the Walmart fuel stops anytime we are headed Northeast from Home. I don't know why, but the gas at those two stations Just a 1/2 mile off I-71 are always noticably cheaper than any others between Louisville and Cincinnati...and at least a dime a gallon cheaper than the ones by the interstate exit at Exit 44.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1