Remembering the original Cott's cream soda

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re:Remembering the original Cott's cream soda 2009/07/12 20:23:50 (permalink)
I can remember the original Cott's Cream Soda here in Miami. Now that I think of it, the only places that sold it was Food Fair, which was a NY company and Shell's City. That brings back memories with it's smooth taste w/o that artificial afterbite all of the others had.
Barbara Eileen
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Remembering the original Cott's cream soda 2011/06/16 16:11:51 (permalink)
Cott's sodas were widely available in NH in the 1950's. I think my favorite flavor was Black Cherry. My mother forbade Coke, but permitted us to have one soda a day if we wanted. I remember the Cott's as lighter, both in sugar and in fizz. I loved them.
I have not drunk sodas for many years. They are too heavy in my stomach and give me heartburn. I thought it was me. Only a couple of weeks ago did I learn that the sugar in them had been changed to the high fructose corn syrup. 
I did drink Cokes occasionally in college and rarely after that but there came a point when I couldn't stand them. 
The poster above commented that Cott (It's Cott to be good) got bought by Canada Dry. I think that's right, somebody bought them. I don't know why the popular sodas vanished after that. Maybe it was the change to HFCS and the effect on price competition. (Corn is subsidized by the U.S. government).
I think if the old Cott's were around, I might occasionally drink a soda.
bartl
  • Total Posts : 1311
Re:Remembering the original Cott's cream soda 2011/06/20 01:33:48 (permalink)
I looked up Cott a couple of years ago; apparently, the company is alive and well (I recall reading that it was the 3rd or 4th biggest soda company in the world; here's the current Wikipedia article).

I miss the Apple Ginger Beer.

Bart
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
  • Total Posts : 1350
Re:Remembering the original Cott's cream soda 2011/06/20 01:48:18 (permalink)
Cott Canada is an entirely different company from the one people remember in the U.S.  The American Cott was sold to Cadbury Schweppes.  Cott Canada was formed in the 50s as an importer of American Cott, and then a bottler for the Canadian market.  Their biggest business today is producing store brands for supermarket chains and places like Walmart.
jfkljc
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Remembering the original Cott's cream soda 2012/07/08 20:29:52 (permalink)
Cott's Chocolate Cream Soda:  best soda I ever had!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1