Restaurant Hopping Ipswich to Rockport MA

Author
betsy7
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/07/04 15:38:19 (permalink)

Restaurant Hopping Ipswich to Rockport MA

Hi,
I'm planning to go to the Todd Farm Flea Market on a Sunday this summer. I'm from GA and have never been to this area before. Based on what I've read, the seafood is fabulous in the area. There are so many places to try and not enough time. Here's what I was thinking... I'll go to all the restaurants mentioned in the subject line and just try one or two items at each place. I'll have a friend with me, so sharing things is an option (to prevent getting too full)! I read that the lobster chowder at Lobsta Land is incredible, so I really want to try that. We'll be starting at the Clam Box and going east, so I guess Lobsta Land will be the last stop.
I'm looking for best dishes to try at each place, and am not opposed to suggestions for other restaurants in the area also. I heard the fried clams were the best at Clam Box. I've never had clams before, but I love oysters, so I'm thinking I might like clams too. I also love lobster, scallops, chowder etc. I also love good desserts!
Please give me any tips you can for this one day foodie adventure! THANKS!!

3 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15234
    Re: Restaurant Hopping Ipswich to Rockport MA 2014/07/04 16:47:48 (permalink)
    Betsy
    Despite my Indiana location, I have great memories of my college years living in a North Shore Community while attending Salem State. The Clam Box in Ipswich and Woodman's in Essex are at the top of my list for Fried Whole-Belly Clams. I Also put their Scallops high on the order list as well. Go for the Onion Rings instead of the French Fries. Be prepared to pay a premium price for the fresh seafood at these seafood shacks. They are not cheap by any means, but small orders won't satisfy anyone, go for the large orders, They cost a bundle, but if you are sharing they will keep everyone happy. 
       The Chowder at Woodman's is great. I don't recall the quality at the Clam Shack. Maybe some of our NE folks can update these remarks. It has been 6 years since we last visited that area.
    Welcome TO Roadfood, and do report back on your trip, Please.
    AL
    Check the reviews for these seafood stands in the restaurant section of this site.
    betsy7
    Junior Burger
    Re: Restaurant Hopping Ipswich to Rockport MA 2014/07/04 21:17:13 (permalink)
    Thank you so much, Al!!  I am so happy I found Roadfood!  This was my first post, and I was anxiously awaiting a reply!  Also, I just realized that I made a mistake when I said I'd be going to "all the restaurants mentioned in the subject line".  I had copied what I'd posted on Tripadvisor and I forgot that I had a different subject line.  The restaurants I am planning to visit are Clam Box, Village, Farnham's, and Lobsta Land.

Great information, and I'm glad you prepped me for the high prices.  I kinda thought that might be the case, but was hoping it might possibly be a little less expensive since seafood is so plentiful in the area.  Good to be aware of the high prices though!  I am going to send out another post, which I'm copying from what I posted on Tripadvisor.  It will give much more info about where all I'm traveling in the New England area.  I hope you will look for it, and maybe help me out with some more suggestions for other towns I'll be visiting.

Thanks again for your reply and I will be sure to let you know how much I enjoy all the different restaurants I get to try!!!
    betsy7
    Junior Burger
    Re: Restaurant Hopping Ipswich to Rockport MA 2014/07/04 21:19:17 (permalink)
    Restaurants that were supposed to be "IN THE SUBJECT LINE" are...

Clam Box
    The Village
    Farnhams
    Lobsta Land

Sorry for the error in the original post.  I copied my post from Tripadvisor and changed the subject line.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1