Restaurant Pro Picture Thread

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
PopsDogHouse
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 779
2009/02/21 08:20:54 (permalink)

Restaurant Pro Picture Thread

Post pictures of your conceesion trailer, restaurant, or mobile food cart here.  If you are having difficulty posting pictures, or just don't know how to do it, here is a thread that is straightforward and easy to follow that should get you started.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=322596&mpage

81 Replies Related Threads

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 08:28:07 (permalink)
    Sosebee's Hot Dogs, Toccoa Georgia, Since 1921

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 08:35:05 (permalink)
    JacksSnacks Concession at Halloween Fest

New Neon Sign

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 08:43:33 (permalink)
    The Doctor of BBQ

Klose Smoker

“Showing your customers Fire and Smoke” I have always thought it important to let your customers see you cooking especially at events. I noticed a very long time ago at our state fair the vendors cooking big coils of rope sausage, along side of giant piles of grilled onions and green peppers. They did it behind a window but right in front of the sidewalk that everyone walked along and they always looked so tempting.

So I started this project using a very old boat trailer and some odds and ends I bought on Ebay. I use it right in front of my trailer so that everyone walking by has to see what your cooking and of course smell the food including the peppers and onions.

In order for it to take up less space we built it with a removable tongue and in this picture you can see an angled tube coming up off the tongue and that goes into the front after pulling the travel tongue so that the trailer can be wheeled around with very little effort. The red Leg is adjustable using the bolt and nut. 

post edited by PopsDogHouse - 2009/06/30 20:01:42
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 08:56:56 (permalink)
    Porkchopexpress

Century Trailer

M MFG Trailer

Schantz ice Cream Trailer

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 09:08:22 (permalink)
    The Big Red Lunch Box  8.6' x 24'

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 09:17:06 (permalink)
    Moondoggies' Custom Sales and Service Hot Dog Cart

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 09:19:04 (permalink)
    Pop's Dog House Top Dog Cart

catnhatnh
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 192
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/21 23:45:49 (permalink)
                      CATNHATNH      Rochester NH

At Skyhaven Airport Rte. 108
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 01:58:11 (permalink)
    Pops...Great pictures.  So is this just a collection of pictures you have taken?  People of given you?

I'm interested in that Big Red Lunch Box.  I'd love to ask the operator a zillion questions...Anyway to get him on the site?

post edited by Baah Ben - 2009/02/22 11:42:21
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 10:56:15 (permalink)
    Baah Ben

Pops...Great pictures.  So is this just a collection of pictures you have taken?  People of given you?

No sir.  These pictures were posted by our members on a picture thread that I had created a few weeks ago.  Apparently, I did something in the admin that caused that thread to go away. I didn't want to ask these fine folks to hassle with reposting their pictures, so I just went through and gathered the pics that were on the original thread and reposted them myself.
    post edited by PopsDogHouse - 2009/02/22 10:58:09
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 11:00:33 (permalink)
    Nice rig Cat!!  Any pics of the interior?
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 11:59:42 (permalink)
    Ok Pops - Can I ask you some questions?

The Big Red Lunch Box.  When you make an investment like this (see that fantastic interior) does he or she have specific stops that he goes to each day.  Do they have contracts with the owners of these locations (factories, etc)? Can you tell us anything about how this works?

Back in the day when people had money, corporations like ATT, IBM etc. would actually establish their own employee cafeterias.  They would build them (thank you) and then hire management companies like ARA to run their dining operations.  They'd either pay them either a straight management fee and subsidize the cost of the food served to their employees (a perk) or allow the management company to charge the going rates for the food. 

Why would they do this you ask?  Mainly , to keep their employees on the premises.  Studies conducted found they would eliminate a lot of late returns from lunch, accidents, etc.  It was a welcome perk for their workers. 

Some were also a big necessity as the facility might have been too far away for outside dining  They also had separate executive dining rooms in many of these places.     

So, perhaps the Big Red Lunch Box specializes in visiting some of these big factories?  What state does that truck operate in?  I love that truck!  Beautiful! That kichen was expensive!  They have to have a pretty good business to warrant that expenditure.

Any chance of asking what cut of pork they are usng for those pork chop sandwiches?  Fresh cut fries..Good stuff!
    BigRedLunchbox
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 154
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 13:36:10 (permalink)
    To answer your questions Baah Ben:
    I'm in West Texas, so as far as factories go, not many. Right now it's a little early in the season for a daily business but by this summer I hope to have about 3 locations here in my city in which to park. Local regs say you cant be in one location for more than 3 days then you have to move to another. We do have a large AT&T call center and I have considered approaching them to do the very thing you were writing about.
    The reason I built it with all the equipment is that I also cater events in addition to doing a "route" and doing festivals. When I built it, I basically had the idea that I wanted to be able to cook anything that a restaurant could and do it on location.
    As far as the trailer goes I had it built down in your neck of the woods by Southwest Trailers in Miami: www.trailerfactory.com
    As far as the pork chop sandwiches, thats a question I'd like to know myself.
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 13:44:46 (permalink)
    Baah Ben

Ok Pops - Can I ask you some questions?

The Big Red Lunch Box.  When you make an investment like this (see that fantastic interior) does he or she have specific stops that he goes to each day.  Do they have contracts with the owners of these locations (factories, etc)? Can you tell us anything about how this works?

Back in the day when people had money, corporations like ATT, IBM etc. would actually establish their own employee cafeterias.  They would build them (thank you) and then hire management companies like ARA to run their dining operations.  They'd either pay them either a straight management fee and subsidize the cost of the food served to their employees (a perk) or allow the management company to charge the going rates for the food. 

Why would they do this you ask?  Mainly , to keep their employees on the premises.  Studies conducted found they would eliminate a lot of late returns from lunch, accidents, etc.  It was a welcome perk for their workers. 

Some were also a big necessity as the facility might have been too far away for outside dining  They also had separate executive dining rooms in many of these places.     

So, perhaps the Big Red Lunch Box specializes in visiting some of these big factories?  What state does that truck operate in?  I love that truck!  Beautiful! That kichen was expensive!  They have to have a pretty good business to warrant that expenditure.

Any chance of asking what cut of pork they are usng for those pork chop sandwiches?  Fresh cut fries..Good stuff!

I agree.  Big Red is a beautiful rig.  I will have to defer to Big Red and Porkchipexpress to answer your specific questions regarding their businesses, as I am not familiar with how they operate, or the products they serve. 

Having a reliable food vendor right on site at a large manufacturing concern, or at corporate headquarters is certainly an advantage to an employer for the exact reasons you point out.  This should definitely be presented by the vendor as a benefit to the business when he/she is trying to secure a location.  Of course, with manufacturing moving to china, I might just have to buy a Big Red Lunchbox and set up in Shanghai...LOL
    Curbside Grill
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3916
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 13:51:13 (permalink)
    PopsDogHouse

Pop's Dog House Top Dog Cart

Like this One where you get it. Is it one of those run of the mill home made BBQ smokers, Or are you working for animal control
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 13:58:10 (permalink)
    LOL Curbside!!  Been reading your posts.  You must be feeling better.   Gettin back to being ornery.
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 15:03:50 (permalink)
    Big Red Lunch Box - Thanks for responding.  I sincerely appreciate it.  You did a beautiful job with that kitchen.  Hard to see, but is that US Range equipment cooking line up? That's be my guess.  Frymaster or Pitco fryers? I'm just guessing Frymaster.  Beverage Aire sandwich unit?  Who's upright refrigerator is that?

You got a NFPA Code 96 hood..It's fantastic.  Convection oven..Great!

Ah - Ok you have two LP tanks.  Hard to see at first. Is that enough to drive all that lp cooking equipment? Or, are those fryers electric?  I see what appears to be two serious generators.  This baby would to on-site film catering in a heartbeat!   What is the story on the generators.  Just for the refrigeration and counter top equipment?  All cooking..LP?

I love this stuff.  It was in my blood for 20 years.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  Big investment Dude... Beautiful job!!

So did they do the equipment package in Florida, too? I'm pretty certain they did the hood system, but what about all the equipmnent?  Did you lay it out yourself or did they do the design?

I'd go on line and find out who picks sites for all the movie location shoots and send them these pictures.  They'll save them..Give them some idea of the capabilities and menu offerings..They will keep it and when something comes up in your area, they will remember. Great trailer!
    post edited by Baah Ben - 2009/02/22 15:06:47
    BigRedLunchbox
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 154
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 16:40:06 (permalink)
    The cooking equipment is Royal of California, the fryers are Vulcan. The Frig and Freezer are Turbo Air, sandwich prep is Cornealius.
    I have 3 - 100 lb. tanks, one for cooking and one each for the generators. I can run the whole thing for about four 8 hr. days.
    The reason I have 2 7.5kw generators is one runs the frigs, lights, one A/C etc. and the other runs a Instant Burger machine, water heater, steam tables and the other a/c. With this setup I get 62 amps ea. for a total of 124 amps.
    The layout was something both I and the builder worked out. Originally the trailer was going to be 22ft but the equipment wouldn't fit in the way I wanted for work flow, it's amazing what 2 ft. can do. I put in the table and wire shelving, they put in all the equipment. The great thing about Southwest is they build everything, frame, vent hood, even the grey water tank so that saves a lot of money. I pulled the thing over what they call interstates in Louisiana and nothing shifted or broke, I can't say the same for my kidneys ... they are somewhere on I-10 in LA. ....
    Funny you mention movies, last years big winners, No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood were filmed just about 200 miles from me, I wish I had the rig back then to do something like that.

And thanks everybody for the compliments. I set out to kinda shake things up in my neck of the woods with "street food and on location catering" and I wanted to present an professional image, you wouldn't believe what people try to serve food out of around here.

I also have a website: www.bigredlunchbox.com
    post edited by BigRedLunchbox - 2009/02/22 17:15:01
    Rootsman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 235
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 17:40:26 (permalink)

Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 17:50:26 (permalink)
    Thanks again.  Never heard of Royal of California.  Wonder if that's the former Jade Equipment.  NOPE - Jade is still in business.  Never heard of Turbo Air either...I'll brush up on these new guys.  Cornealious..Yes.  Vulcan..Of course!

Going to check out your website..I could not open it 

Thanks again for all the info.

post edited by Baah Ben - 2009/02/23 08:34:48
    kennyb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/22 19:29:32 (permalink)
    rootsman, that rig is awesome. how heavy is it?
    Curbside Grill
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/23 07:52:53 (permalink)
    PopsDogHouse

DITTO love to see pics of interior. For down the road reference
    PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/23 08:16:43 (permalink)
    Curbside Grill

PopsDogHouse

DITTO love to see pics of interior. For down the road reference

Hey Mikey,
    Can you post some pics of your cart?  I've never seen the signage.

Moondoggies
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 55
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/23 17:20:20 (permalink)
     Folks, 

While this isn't my rig :-(, and I love my Custom 525 hot dog cart, I couldn't help but post this for your viewing pleasure!  Man ain't she pretty!!!

post edited by Moondoggies - 2009/02/24 01:42:46
    Curbside Grill
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/02/26 01:33:05 (permalink)
    That is a nice 'Bambi', foodservice suits them pretty good
    catnhatnh
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/03/02 01:08:39 (permalink)
    Mustang Grille...1 more exterior and 3 two year old interiors...

" border="0" />

" border="0" />

" border="0" />

Some things have been changed, but this should give you an idea...

Curbside Grill
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/03/02 03:39:06 (permalink)
    Catnhatnh  Like the setup Thank you for interior
    Does the setup flow well with your menu
    catnhatnh
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/03/02 22:16:53 (permalink)
    Curbside, Pretty much so, but of course nothing is perfect. Like any two man shop by the middle of rush hour you'd murder your mother for another 6" of width in the center aisle. My cold prep is 6' and I could get by with 4'. The serving area has a 5" drop floor that has caused occasional grief. I should change the door swing on the refrigerator so the easy access is from the serving area as that is where I hold the cold drinks. The real nice part is our steam table is directly across from that refrigerator at the end of the hot line allowing the front man (my brother) to handle all the "need it quick" chilidog and soda orders without coming down into the actual cooking or prep areas (my home)...That said the photos are old. The hood is now equipped with fire suppression. The forward counter is home to the cash register,Bunn, and chip racks with the left side (behind the refrigerator) being the main serving window and the right side used to pass food to those eating at the picnic tables behind the trailer.
    thenoob
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re:Restaurant Pro Picture Thread 2009/03/07 12:38:40 (permalink)
    check me out
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1