The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Restaurant System Hacked

VaultRevolution

• Total Posts: 1
Restaurant System Hacked Wed, 02/22/12 5:00 PM (permalink)
Ever wonder what your favorite restaurant did to make your favorite dish taste so good?  Well, for fans of Dom DiLuigi’s in Los Angeles, CA, wonder no more.  A hacker recently broke into the Italian restaurants management database, swiping and posting more than a dozen supposedly “secret” recipes online.  In addition, the culprit made off with hundreds of credit card numbers, customers information, and DiLuigi’s financial records.  “I’ve never felt like this," admits 60 year-old owner Dom Diluigi.  “So vulnerable.  Some of those recipes have been in my family for generations, and now they’re just out there.  You feel powerless, really.  That’s why I’ve decided to upgrade our system’s security.”  And just how does DiLuigi plan to prevent something like this from ever happening again?  With Vault Revolution’s innovative new file security system.  Simply LOCK and UNLOCK files with a password protected interface.  Vault Revolution operates 3X faster than leading competitors, all while using ZERO memory space.  Owner Dom laughs, “I’m not exactly the most tech-savvy person, either.  But even I can use this thing.”

<message edited by VaultRevolution on Wed, 02/22/12 5:04 PM>

agmccall

• Total Posts: 239
    Re:Restaurant System Hacked Sat, 02/25/12 11:01 AM (permalink)
    So, when Dom Luigi goes to his computer and prints out this top secret recipe for Dom's Sauce, How does your Vault System prevent Harry the Highschool dropout, who's job it is to clean the fryer, from looking over doms shoulder and getting the recipe.

Just curious

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7761
      Re:Restaurant System Hacked Sat, 02/25/12 11:20 AM (permalink)
      Good point!!!

That's why Todd Wilbur jumps in dumpsters to look for clues...while trying to crack the recipe code. It would be no fun meeting Harry with a printout.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com