Hot!Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 576
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 19:54:10 (permalink)

Some of you considered the original poster's remarks as racist.  Some of you did not.   But, what I'm surprised at is that nobody pointed out the obvious.  ...  "Mexican" is NOT a race.   "Mexican" is a nationality, and like many countries with large populations, Mexico has multiple races.  (Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, American Indian, and many mixed races such as Mestizo, etc., etc.).  
     To assume that the original poster's comments were racist would seem to indicate that one thinks that "Mexicans" are of monolithic race.  That assumption in itself indicates some pre-conceived notions about what a Mexican is, and is probably ill-advised.  

Glenn

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4199
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 19:55:03 (permalink)
bartl - your point is well taken.  My French great grandfather came over in 1896 as a coal miner.  He was happy to be able to mine coal standing up.  My Scot ancestors came over in the 1740's to farm.  I've never been in a coal mine and can barely grow Bermuda grass on my Texas lawn!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18652
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 20:14:13 (permalink)
Glenn1234

Some of you considered the original poster's remarks as racist.  Some of you did not.   But, what I'm surprised at is that nobody pointed out the obvious.  ...  "Mexican" is NOT a race.   "Mexican" is a nationality, and like many countries with large populations, Mexico has multiple races.  (Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, American Indian, and many mixed races such as Mestizo, etc., etc.).  
    To assume that the original poster's comments were racist would seem to indicate that one thinks that "Mexicans" are of monolithic race.  That assumption in itself indicates some pre-conceived notions about what a Mexican is, and is probably ill-advised.  

Glenn

Perhaps you should explain that to those in Washington and elsewhere who insist that anyone opposing citizenship for people who break the law by sneaking into the United States illegally is a racist.
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 20:23:46 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

Glenn1234

Glenn

Perhaps you should explain that to those in Washington and elsewhere who insist that anyone opposing citizenship for people who break the law by sneaking into the United States illegally is a racist.

People who oppose illegal immigration, well, .... they oppose illegal immigration.  Are they racist?  I don't know.  A few might be, but I would guess that most just think that the law should be enforced.  I work with lots of LEGAL immigrants in my business, and of the ones who have spoken about it, all of them hate the idea of others "cutting the line" when they themselves had to do it by the book.   

Glenn 

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 20:29:58 (permalink)
Glenn1234 

Glenn 

I've been married four times.  Mrs. Metro I is 1/2 Choctaw.  Mrs. Metro II is 100% Latina.  Mrs. Metro III is blonde in all ways.  Mrs. Metro IV is an Arab blue blood.

All are, like me, Caucasian.

President Nixon's Bureau of the Census dreamed up the term "Hispanic" for the 1970 Census.  Here in Dallas today, many of my students have Spanish surnames.  The majority of those are from families that have been American Citizens for many generations but they now identify themselves as being of the "Mexican or Hispanic Race".  I just shake my head and refer them to the Anthropology Department.  

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2014/06/30 20:31:26
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/06/30 20:33:29 (permalink)
Glenn1234
But, what I'm surprised at is that nobody pointed out the obvious.  ...  "Mexican" is NOT a race.   "Mexican" is a nationality, and like many countries with large populations, Mexico has multiple races.  (Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, American Indian, and many mixed races such as Mestizo, etc., etc.).  

Ahem.

Bart
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/01 00:58:20 (permalink)

I wrote: 

<<...."Mexico has multiple races.  (Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, American Indian, and many mixed races such as Mestizo, etc., etc.). "...>>

I need to correct my own posting.  Along with "Mexican",  ... "Hispanic" is also not a race.  I should not have included it in examples of the multiple races in Mexico.  Hispanics can be of any race.   
Anyway, my point still stands that "Mexican" is certainly not a race.  Mexico is has several races of people.

Glenn

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10324
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/01 01:41:52 (permalink)
EdSails
Still only one post from Tamchybai. Methinks you have been trolled.........

Or maybe he's a INS Fed looking for names of restaurants that hire illegals so he can go raid them!!!" />
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/01 09:00:15 (permalink)
Glenn1234

People who oppose illegal immigration, well, .... they oppose illegal immigration.  Are they racist?  I don't know.  A few might be, but I would guess that most just think that the law should be enforced.  I work with lots of LEGAL immigrants in my business, and of the ones who have spoken about it, all of them hate the idea of others "cutting the line" when they themselves had to do it by the book.   

Glenn 

One doesn't have to be Jos. Goebbels, George Orwell, Saul Alinsky, or Noam Chomsky to appreciate that manipulating language is a powerful tool for effecting hidden agendas. 

Consider the term "illegal alien" vis a vis "undocumented alien".  When a typical low information voter hears the former their instinct is "Enforce the Law!"; when they hear the latter their instinct is "Give that poor, needy soul some documents".

This clever manipulation of language obscures the real issues:

1)  We are a nation of laws that no man is above.  Prior and beyond our Constitution, this has been the cornerstone of our civilization since 1215. 

2)  "Equal Justice Under Law" is frigging carved over the entrance to The Supreme Court of the United States.  Who among us is 'against that program'? 

Glenn1234's statement above: "I work with lots of LEGAL immigrants in my business, and of the ones who have spoken about it, all of them hate the idea of others "cutting the line" when they themselves had to do it by the book" articulates the fact that even non-citizens are with 'the program'. 

My wife has a 'Green Card' which was very expensive both in terms of patience and expense.  All this 'line cutting' seems to her to be so un-American. 

I agree.
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/04 12:54:58 (permalink)
Glenn1234
I wrote: 

<<...."Mexico has multiple races.  (Caucasian, Hispanic, Black, American Indian, and many mixed races such as Mestizo, etc., etc.). "...>>

I need to correct my own posting.  Along with "Mexican",  ... "Hispanic" is also not a race.  I should not have included it in examples of the multiple races in Mexico.  Hispanics can be of any race.   
Anyway, my point still stands that "Mexican" is certainly not a race.  Mexico is has several races of people.

And the Human Genome Project shows that what we call "race" is a myth. There is one human race. Now, there ARE ethnic, cultural and economic groups, and as I pointed out in an earlier post, Mexico is a rather diverse country in that regard (which is what I believe you are trying to say).
carmine1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/11 08:32:10 (permalink)
Hi there,

Good news to all restaurants owners !

We introduce to you a new web app that we shall be officially launching soon. The new product allows the old restaurants website to become a new online food ordering web site. 

Online ordering also saves restaurants money by reducing the number of errors in the order process, and saving staff time on the phone with customers placing their orders. Our system offers your restaurant, pizza shop, or any food related service an online presence and the ability for your customers to order your food or services online. This process is done by using an online shopping cart and content management system to deliver the best customer experience. 

We also provide mobile apps for the same for restaurant owner for monitoring their customers and orders. This app is under development. You can contact us to share your requirements for the app.  Contact us to see the demo.

we are only looking for 8 customer across world now, so call immediately to discuss this great opportunity, before your competitor does.

Thanks
Kiran
post edited by carmine1 - 2014/07/11 08:33:39
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Restaurant looking for Mexican workers. Serious inquiry. No racism. 2014/07/11 09:52:45 (permalink)
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1