Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.

Author
doulasc
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 45
2012/10/30 21:19:48 (permalink)

Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.

I lived in Ft.Lauderdale from 1984-1991 and I was wondering are these restaurants still around?
Wolfies,Downunder,Creightons,The caves, Key West seafood house?
Anyone else can mentioned other restaurants too.

2 Replies Related Threads

crew84row
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re:Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. 2012/10/31 07:26:21 (permalink)
    All closed, I believe.  May be a spin off of Key West around.  For diners in FLL, avoid Lesters and Grampas.  But do try Joe's Cafe in the Harbor Shops off SW 17th Street.  For good seafood try Kellys Landing  and Bimini Boat Yard.  15th Street Fisheries has a nice view and some dishes are okay, others reach a bit on the expensive side.  Aruba Beach is a great place on the water.  For excellent, and inexpensive, Mexican you can't go wrong at Tacqueria Dona Raquel in Pompano Beach, on Dixie Hwy between Atlantic and McNab.  Not your average Taco Bell/Chichi's clone that's for sure.   Johnny's NY pizza out in Tamarac makes a decent pizza.  Their personal size pizza is as large as most chain mediums and can be folded and eaten by hand if you don't pile on the toppings.  Lots of places along Las Olas off the water taxi stop.  For good fine dining that won't break the bank Cafe Maxx on East Atlantic in Pompano Beach is the best.
    hatteras04
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1092
    Re:Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. 2012/10/31 09:45:03 (permalink)
    Just curious why you say to avoid Lester's.  I've had a couple of good meals there and found the service to be good as well.  Of course it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've been there.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1