The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Restaurants in the Zion natl parl, Bryce Natl park and Moab Utah

mugarbear

Restaurants in the Zion natl parl, Bryce Natl park and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 12:39 PM (permalink)
Doing a driving trip with my son to Utahs national parks, Zion, Bryce Arches. Hoping I can get some excel;lent roadfood suggestions of places to eat, things to do Thanks

buffetbuster

Re:Restaurants in the Zion natl parl, Bryce Natl park and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 12:54 PM (permalink)
    What a gorgeous part of the country you will be visiting.  All three parks are worthwhile, but there is just something about Arches National Park that grabbed me.

Just north of Bryce Canyon, in the small town of Panguitch, is Cowboy's Smokehouse.  It has been several years since we were last there, but the reviews are still good. 

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2251
      Re:Restaurants in the Zion natl parl, Bryce Natl park and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 12:55 PM (permalink)

Mesa Verde National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
      from what I remember this is kind of close to the other parks. We enjoyed this park.................

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Restaurants in the Zion Natl Park, Bryce Natl park area and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 1:43 PM (permalink)
        On the west side of Cedar City, Utah, Just west of the I-15, is the Market Grill. Very good ribeye at modest price.
          Although it is a touristy sort of place, We always have the Brambleberry pie or pancakes at the cafe of the same name in Springvale at the main entrance to Zion (our favorite National Park!)
        The Moab Cafe does a very good green Chile Burger and a bunch of daily specials.  On the main st of Moab, with easy access of Canyonlands and Arches N P 's.
        The Serious Texas BBQ on the north side of Durango CO is a great stop if you are passing thru the Silverton/Durango area on your way to or from Mesa Verde and the Utah Parks..Well worth the side trip !!
        In Page, (LAKE POWELL) visit a Jack in the Box and enjoy the 2/99 cent greasy tacos...one of the great fast-food belly bombers in the West !

Penn German Chef

• Total Posts: 22
          Re:Restaurants in the Zion Natl Park, Bryce Natl park area and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 2:19 PM (permalink)
          I will leave the Food part to others However you will be traveling across some the most interesting geographical areas of the country
          My personal opinion the gateway to arriving in Mesa Verde should be US 550 south through the San Juan mountains.If budget allows take time in Durango to ride the Rio Grande Southern Train back up to Silverton. Slow down through the mountains pass country to enjoy the views before hitting Mesa Verde . If your planning on camping there some wonderful camp sites off US-550
          Once entering Utah any route you take south of I-70 will be a source of wonder. The Desert landscape is beautiful if you can look past the lack of green and the skies are vast. Whether you  leave Arches heading west from Blanding, UT. or South through Page, AZ. To Bryce you will find something interesting. The road into Zion from the East is really a special treat in eye candy of landscape. In fact this whole journey is a feast for the eyes.  In the Western Mind set the Distances really are short. MV- Arches, 155 m, MV-Bryce,393m, MV- Zion,384m, One final word keep your Gas Tank above a half a tank most of the time. It will be a long dry walk if you run out. Sorry to be so wordy but I love that landscape.

mugarbear

Re:Restaurants in the Zion Natl Park, Bryce Natl park area and Moab Utah Wed, 04/20/11 2:55 PM (permalink)
            Thanks everyone.  

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Restaurants in the Zion Natl Park, Bryce Natl park area and Moab Utah Thu, 04/21/11 5:13 AM (permalink)
              Don't forget Capitol Reef N P  The ride east along Utah #12 from Bryce thru the Reef area to the Canyonlands area is one of absolute amazment !

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com