Restrooms

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Tedbear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1832
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/16 09:48:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chezkatie

quote:
Originally posted by chezkatie

Originally posted by Burgerman1

There is no excuse for throwing that towel in the floor.

If you can't figure how to dispose of it without throwing it in the floor, then there are one of two things wrong with you, (1) you are ill-mannered and shouldn't be let out in public, or (2) your intelligence level is slightly lower than a chimpanzee.

If I saw you doing this in a restaurant, I would embarass the hell out of you in front of everyone. There is no excuse for ill-manners.

I think it is disgraceful for someone to throw a paper towel on the floor.........what is so difficult about sticking it in your pocket or simply carrying it back to your table? But I guess that the ones who throw paper towels on the floor of public restrooms are the same people that throw their fast food bags out the windows of their cars, toss their chewed gum onto the sidewalks and throw their cigerette butts wherever they might land.

Katie--In case you did not read all of the earlier posts, the subject had to do with opening the exit door from the lavatory with a paper towel in order to avoid making contact with the microbes left on the door handle by those who use the toilet and fail to wash their hands afterward. If you take that paper towel that was used to open the door, and place it in your pocket or carry it back to your table, you are now bringing the disease vector to a new location, rather than limiting it to the lavatory.

If you wish to place a towel laden with potentially infectious material in your pocket, that tells me a lot about your personal hygiene habits--or at least your knowledge of disease prevention. And, as to bringing that paper towel back to the table, that is a solution truly worthy of Typhoid Mary. Your habits will only serve to spread disease.

How would you like to sit down at a restaurant table, or sit on a chair in a restaurant, upon which someone has deposited a paper towel that is laden with disease-causing microbes? I have a friend who uses antibacterial wipes on restaurant tables. I used to think that her behavior was a bit "over the top". However, now that I find out that people like you are placing disease-laden materials on restaurant tables, I am beginning to reevaluate her behaviors.

Unlike you and some others on this board, I am able to separate effective disease prevention measures from lazy and needless behaviors such as littering the highway. There really is a difference, but the nuances apparently escape many people.
V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/16 10:30:29 (permalink)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are not discussing ailments that may ruin an afternoon. We're talking about three to five days of serious distress. Am I ill mannered because I wish to avoid this? Sign me up for the ill mannered train then...

There's stuff out there that will ruin your weekend but will KILL Granny. Wake up and smell the roses.
trudyn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 117
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/16 11:54:14 (permalink)
I also prefer the Hilton.
V960
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/17 10:20:29 (permalink)
What's so wrong about chunking a dirty paper towel on the floor? Does this not indicate a strong wish to have a waste recepticle beside the door? I don't intend to share germs w/ the slobs who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet. Empirical evidence not just guessing.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13481
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/17 10:41:17 (permalink)
I think all of you need to lighten up. All of us have their own way that we handle the restroom problems. A lot of places are eliminating doors period. The Atlanta airport has no doors so the door problem is eliminated. I also use paper towels to open doors, turn on the water and etc. Most places are now savy to what people need and place a waste receptable next to the door. If it is not available, I generally see if I can make two points by taking a shot at the waste can. I admit I have missed before. I have also waited until the next person came it where I can grab the door with my foot. When towels are not available, I have used a portion of my coat or tie or whatever to escape.

On the other hand, I think we all can respect the opinions of others even if we disagree. Opinions are like --------, everybody has one. I do not think it is necessary to call someone out because their opinion may differ from yours. The cartoon was inappropiate and is under consideration for deletion. I wish the poster would take it upon theirself to remove.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
V960
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/17 11:08:13 (permalink)
Paul has once again brought the voice of reason to a sadly downhill slide. Being somewhat familiar w/ the female anantomy I am basically confused by the artwork. How exactly is that going to work?

I agree w/ the no doors idea...solves all kinds of problems...Are restaurants going to give that much space up to solve the problem?
risotteria
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/22 00:41:35 (permalink)
hand driers are usually installed to keep patrons from flushing paper towels down the toilet for obvious reasons. I'm assuming that all the restrooms have TP this can be used as a germ barrier for faucets , doors etc and then is easily disposed of.
Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/24 16:45:16 (permalink)

Call me an infant, but I am much more concerned about something another has put their mouth on than their A$$. (can you say silverware? who's to say it has been sanitized?

Also, don't drink beer. Less trips to the Loo.

Me mema taught me to pi$$ standing up. Wasn't a restaurant thingy, she did it in the fields, and had a better aim than those with an appendege.

Again I might point out, be more paranoid of the glasses and utensils than the restroom, but thats just my take, I ran the cleanest Dishpit in town in my day, so I have witnessed the shortcuts.

As being a noted member of the Ones who can Pi$$ standing up: Quick note aside:(addressed to the girls), those who stand over and whiz on the entire seat and floor, YOU NEED TARGET PRACTICE:::::::: and the aforementioned member can wash her hands, and has sleeves long enough to pull over her hands to do the rest. The shirt is then burned, sissies. And I do a voodoo thingy when I send them (aforementioned shirt) to he//.

Copper
Cosmos
  • Total Posts : 1449
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/25 18:41:22 (permalink)
Ehhh...I have never worried about these things, do my thing, wash my hands, move on with my life. I seem to have survived quite nicely these 47 years.

I did however discover the phenomemnon of girls peeing standing up. I did a stint cleaning a bar while attending college. Amazingly, I cleaned the kitchen, bar, and toliet rooms without becoming violently ill from either the task, or the associated germs... But I was stunned to see what a mess the "ladies" room was. I then found out the girls would not sit down...I guess the first girl was afraid of contracting some disease through her butt, so she peed standing up, making a mess for the next girl, who peed standing up, making...well you can see in a college bar by the next morning it was awful...

I guess the owner should have had staff mop it out every 15 to 30 minutes..I'm thinking a series of ceiling mounted shower heads and floor drain might have helped...
Cosmos
  • Total Posts : 1449
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/27 09:00:06 (permalink)
Well this thread sure got out of hand...it started out innocently enough!
Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Restrooms 2005/10/27 13:33:03 (permalink)
Hello All,
Yes, Cosmos, it has an taken a turn I did not expect. Humans!
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
jojobeans
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 137
RE: Restrooms 2005/11/04 01:06:11 (permalink)
I don't know if this has been posted, but my favorite is a sign I have seen in a number of mens rest rooms. “WE AIM TO PLEASE YOU, PLEASE AIM TO PLEASE US” Thank you the management.
Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Restrooms 2005/11/04 05:11:58 (permalink)
Hello All,
Jojobeans, my poor mother gave to birth to 4 sons, no daughters, so there were 5 males in the household. She found a wall plaque with the same saying on and placed it in our bathroom. We got a chuckle out of it and also perfected our targeting.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
MizLiz
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Restrooms 2005/11/06 01:50:02 (permalink)
There is the cleverest of toilets these days - it has a fly enameled on the inside of the loo - to give men a target! It seems that they naturally aim for the sucker! I think it's great - gotta get me one of those.
Tedbear
  • Total Posts : 1832
RE: Restrooms 2005/11/06 08:39:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MizLiz

There is the cleverest of toilets these days - it has a fly enameled on the inside of the loo - to give men a target! It seems that they naturally aim for the sucker! I think it's great - gotta get me one of those.

I remember seeing these in Europe, but I was not aware that they were now being sold in the US. I recall looking down in a toilet in France and thinking something to the effect of "hmmm...how typical for this country to have flies in here", and then realizing that it was a decoration.

The idea of a target is a good one, but I question why it has to be a fly. Couldn't they come up with a target that suggests something other than filth?
MizLiz
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Restrooms 2005/11/06 21:39:48 (permalink)
True - I found the original link to the article I read about the Amsterdam airport. I hear Kennedy has them now also.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_fly_in_urinal.htm
dogmeat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
RE: Restrooms 2006/01/31 21:06:59 (permalink)
Greetings All, I met a new friend several months ago, who is heavily involved in the restaurant trade, that purchased a "football-weekend" place on a lake about two blocks from our restaurant. One thing led to another and we were asked about catering a function before a football game. A good time was had by all and we got show off our local specialities to his tailgating buddies.

When approached about the bill I told him that it was a "housewarming present"and we debated about that for a while.

About a month later he called and said that he had a Christmas gift for me if I would agree to its installation, a pair of automatic bathroom door openers. One of his companies sells and installs these and they are great!! I DO NOT have any interest in this company but I wish I did.

The doors operate on leaving the bathroom by waving your hand in front of a sensor mounted next to the door. The door may be opened manually also and opens normally when entering. These doors have generated more happiness from females than fresh flowers! Guess who was also impressed - Mr.Health Inspector!!

Installation was more complicated because the units had to be retro-fitted but man do they generate the compliments. I also think that the employees see how important these areas are to you and pay more attendtion to them (well maybe some anyway).

No more paper thrown on the ground via The Sani-Door.
http://www.sanidoor.com
-Tricky-
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 305
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/01 13:19:55 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dogmeat

No more paper thrown on the ground via The Sani-Door.
http://www.sanidoor.com

That's great!
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/01 18:13:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

When I used to bartend, the womans bathroom always looked like WW3 would have occured in there by the end of the night. Never ceased to amaze me..

I quite agree with you there, and it amazes me how females keep their own bathrooms at home so clean, and then trash a public restroom.
Not to beat a dead horse, but when I go into a public restroom and see evidence of rain on a seat, I get pissed off.
"Hey, can't you wipe the seat?"..And I bet those are the ones that screech at their BF's or husbands to lift the lid!
I mean they have to go back in there eventually.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/01 18:30:44 (permalink)
Dogmeat: i wish all restaurants and other places could afford the door openers you described.

I judge all restaurants by the cleanliness of not only their restrooms but the entire restaurant. I cannot stand clutter, unclean surfaces and especially dirty restrooms. It takes a huge effort to keep restrooms clean. If you travel a lot, you know what I mean. So folks are so messy.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/01 19:35:37 (permalink)
We we have a guy at work with OCD and it's pretty funny with his constant hand washing.I make diamond tooling there and always have graphite,alum+steel lathe chips on me so i get a bit grimey.I never wash my hands after taking a leak-ever.I've never read a report that someone died from touching a bathroom faucet or door in my entire life.If one is really paranoid of disease just pee in the sink or don't flush.And to those "guys" who wash after peeing,why? it 's your body! In JP some drink their own urine!
berndog
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 674
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/01 20:01:53 (permalink)
jeepguy reminded me of a funny joke about a group of engineers in the mens room during a break at a worldwide engineers conference.

After peeing, the English guy carefully washes his hands with hot water and soap, thoroughly dries them with several towels, and says "At Oxford, they taught us to follow all the important procedures and not take shortcuts".

A Japanese engineer rinses his hands in some warm water with a little soap, dries them quickly with one towel and says "at Nihon University, they taught us to be efficient and not wasteful".

Another engineer quickly rinses his hands and shakes them dry, saying "at Harvard, they taught us not to waste environmental resources".

The last engineer finishes peeing, and heads toward the door, saying "at Georgia Tech, they taught us not to piss on our hands".
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/02 07:08:44 (permalink)
When I use the rest room, I always wash my hands and I use a towel to open the door. If no towel is available, I use my coat. Door knobs and the faucet probably contain more ecoli than can be counted. I also appreciate hand washing areas that turn the water on when you insert your hands under the water outlet.

I was amazed at the Atlanta airport at the amount of people who use the rest room and never wash their hands.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Restrooms 2006/02/24 23:04:23 (permalink)
While I of course don't entirely judge a restaurant by the condition of the bathroom, it is an indicator. If they don't think enough of me to provide clean facilities, I'd rather go elsewhere.

Plus, if they don't care how a very visible part of the restaurant looks, gosh knows how they keep the kitchen, where customers rarely enter.
The Bear
hefried
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/02 15:52:16 (permalink)
YO! Lots of restaurants use the air handdryers to SAVE TREES. THANK YOU to those who do, i can deal with damp hands.
hefried
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/02 15:55:40 (permalink)
p.s. i soooooooooooooooooooooooo judge a restaurant on the bathrooms cleanlieness. if they can't keep up with the bathroom, if there's no soap etc... i can just imagine what the kitchen is like. EWWWWW servers and cooks go to the loo and have no soap to wash up with and THEN they serve/cook your food. bleeeech!
Burgerman1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/02 19:20:05 (permalink)
hefried...

Yes you do save a tree with the air blower...but ever thought about how much natural gas it takes to fuel the power plant to generate enough electricity to make that unit run?

And in most states, an employee handsink is required in the kitchen area, it is supposed to be used when any employee returns from the bathroom or from break.

ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/02 20:41:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hefried

p.s. i soooooooooooooooooooooooo judge a restaurant on the bathrooms cleanlieness. if they can't keep up with the bathroom, if there's no soap etc... i can just imagine what the kitchen is like. EWWWWW servers and cooks go to the loo and have no soap to wash up with and THEN they serve/cook your food. bleeeech!

I know... I know. I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know.
The Bear
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/03 06:37:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MizLiz

True - I found the original link to the article I read about the Amsterdam airport. I hear Kennedy has them now also.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_fly_in_urinal.htm

At my local VFW we have one of Jane Fonda it works for us. Chow Jim
V960
RE: Restrooms 2006/03/03 09:57:28 (permalink)
Hefried,
Trees are renewable. What about the jobs at paper plants? Let's buy Canadaian oil to fuel our power plants to make the blowers work instead of making paper.

Shouldn't we invade Canada next time? Three M1A1's and a pissed off squad ought to do it don't ya think?
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1