Hot!Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten".

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/08/22 10:21:41 (permalink)
marzsitit's the dry mix for the pie filling that i do have a problem with, along with the similar, but different dry mix they use to make the gravy served with the 'rehydrated' potatoes... and the ingredients in the frozen pie crust..... if the colonel were still alive he would be kicking some serious ass right now.......

I recall the first time I ate the mashed potatoes with gravy from KFC. What I perceived as a "chemical" flavor tasted so bad to me that it was years before I would eat mashed potatoes of any kind from a restaurant, and still will not eat mashed potatoes that even remind me of "dried, powdered and reconstituted", although I do find that dried potatoes can make a nice thickener in some recipes.

Bart

mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8089
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/08/22 11:06:16 (permalink)
The mashed potatoes from KFC are downright nasty.

The chicken pot pie from KFC tastes delicious.

Apples and oranges.
MacTAC
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 429
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/08/23 13:52:17 (permalink)
On my way home yesterday, because I couldn't visualize anything I wanted off the Chinese delivery menu, I became responsible for my own supper. Popeye's chicken came to mind but distance and bad parking steered me to KFC.

I wanted original recipe white meat and sides. No original recipe, just extra crispy and unintelligible. I remembered this thread and thought I'd try the Pot Pie. Pretty good. I'm sure I'll have it again in similar circumstances.
marzsit
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 368
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/08/26 07:11:38 (permalink)
NascarDad
Does the pot pie have a bottom crust or only a top crust?

no bottom crust on any KFC pot pie here in the seattle market. here you get a paper pie bowl filled with old chicken and gravy mix topped with frozen pie dough, baked for who knows how long and stored for who knows how long..........
bob12312357
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 106
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/08/31 12:13:29 (permalink)
Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
OK, last time we got into this all hell broke loose.  I'll try this again: I flagged it.  I did not call it spam.  I clicked on the Flag for Moderator Action button.  Unfortunately, when you do that, the system puts a spam flag on the post.  That shouldn't happen (I think it's leftover from when that button was used for spam flagging).

So why did I click the button?  Merely to inform the moderators that the original post was lifted from another source.  This is against the law but, more importantly, I just think it's wrong to use someone else's content, and we shouldn't so it.  Even if you give credit and link back.  Nothing against Foodbme; I know he meant no harm.  What needs to be done here is to give a brief summary of the story and link to it.

This website has been inconsistent on this point, and I don't know if there is agreement among those running the site or not.  This really should be addressed definitively.  My guess is that there's a lot of ground to cover in the Forums and the moderators can't be expected to see all posts all the time.  Which is why there are buttons to point stuff out they may have missed.  But, in any case, it's unfortunate that a spam flag is placed on the post when someone hits the mod button.

Except it is not illegal to do as he did in this instance and you are just being a rat.
Here is Serious blogs terms of use. Being that it is not a 3rd party picture it is ok to repost the picture as well. Go snitch elsewhere. On topic, i love their chicken pot pie. It tastes like some pretty good quality ingredients are used and they use real chicken as opposed to the store bought pot pies chicken loaf filling.
marzsit
Cheeseburger
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/09/03 05:34:15 (permalink)
bob12312357On topic, i love their chicken pot pie. It tastes like some pretty good quality ingredients are used and they use real chicken as opposed to the store bought pot pies chicken loaf filling.

at least that much is true. kfc does use real chicken in their pies and the pies are prepared at the store, and are not frozen supermarket pot pies..

but, it would be nice if the pies were a bit more consistent. when i get a pie with only 2 or 3 pieces if chicken in it, i do feel like i'm being ripped off if it cost me more than a frozen pot pie...
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4596
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/09/03 23:33:57 (permalink)
I gave into curiousity tonight and secured one of these for a mere 3 dollars and 21 cents

Very beautiful dome of golden puff pastry (or a good simulacrum thereof) was all i saw when I opened the box.  Gorgeous

Turned out this was the only crust involved - no side or bottom crust whatsoever

Lots of empty space under said dome.  Probably no more than 4 ozs of filling.  Although this looked at first glance to be triple or even quadruple the size of a Banquet frozen grocery pot pie, there was probably about the same amount of filling as a Banquet frozen grocery pot pie. 

Decent but mild flavor, not a lot of chicken, tons of carrots.  Should have been called a carrot pot pie.

I'd eat this again, but would not seek it out.  I can think of a number of fast food items of roughly equal price that I would prefer to this item.
post edited by TJ Jackson - 2014/09/03 23:36:41
marzsit
Cheeseburger
Re:Reviewer says, "The KFC Chunky Chicken Pot Pie is the best fast food I have ever eaten" 2014/10/01 08:17:53 (permalink)
it's hit and miss. and the price is now $4 here in the seattle area.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1