Revolving Smorgasbord-Lancaster, PA

Author
qwerty79
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 165
2007/10/29 17:37:27 (permalink)

Revolving Smorgasbord-Lancaster, PA

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I didn't know where else to post it.

Does anyone remember a revolving smorgasbord in the Lancaster, PA area? The buffet itself moved, not the restaurant. They served Penn Dutch food. I remember there were a lot of Amish people there and there were about 20 buggies tied up out front. We only ate there once and I don't know if it's still there.

We went there when I was about 12 or 13 and I'm 28 now so, we probably went there in the early 90's. We used to go to the Lancaster/Hershey area several times a year. I haven't been back in 2 years since I moved to FL from NY.

I think it was on the same road as Dutch Wonderland(Rt. 30). I'm going to ask my cousins if they remember anything. If I find out any more info, I'll let everyone know. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

tcrouzer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 431
    RE: Revolving Smorgasbord-Lancaster, PA 2007/10/29 18:45:44 (permalink)
    I've gone to Lancaster every year for the past 8 years and I don't remember seeing/hearing about a revolving buffet. Dienner's is on Rt. 30 as are a lot of other restaurants. Miller's is a large smorgasbord type restaurant outside of Lancaster. Lapp's is closer in to downtown than the other's I have mentioned. Do any of these names ring a bell?
    qwerty79
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Revolving Smorgasbord-Lancaster, PA 2007/10/29 20:15:13 (permalink)
    I've heard of all of those and been to Miller's several times. I asked one of my cousins and she thinks it might of had the word Carousel in the name. She thinks it was closer to Dutch Wonderland and was on Rt 30 in a shopping center but the shopping center was perpindicular to Rt 30. She was younger than me when we went but she has an amazing memory (even if she can't remember the name of the place lol).

It was probably more than 10 years ago. We used to go every year to Hershey Park then to Lancaster(Dutch Wonderland). We haven't been to Dutch Wonderland in several years because we don't have any little kids in the family anymore. We will soon though because my cousin is pregnant and we are already thinking of where we could take the baby (when he's a little older) that we went to as kids(Dutch Wonderland, Magic Forest in Lake George NY, Sesame Place etc.). We still went to the Lancaster area but not to the Dutch Wonderland area. I haven't been to Lancaster in like 2 or 3 years since we moved to FL.

Thanks for the suggestions though!
    qwerty79
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Revolving Smorgasbord-Lancaster, PA 2007/10/30 11:35:19 (permalink)
    Just to update, someone else on another thread remembers this place.It was called The Carousel. It had a revolving circular buffet. Part of the circle went into the kitchen and the cooks would fill up the trays of food and the new food would come out the other side. Sorry, kind of hard to explain. They said it was on Rt 30 before the Rt 462 split that went into Lancaster. They didn't think it was there anymore though.

I wish I had some pictures of this place to show everyone. It was the neatest thing. I don't remember the food, but I remember that revolving buffet. Maybe, we have a picture of it somewhere (we took about a thousand pictures on vacations). Someday one will pop up when when we are'nt looking for it.

Does anybody else remember it? Has anybody been to Lancaster recently, is it still there or maybe under a different name or cuisine type (Chinese Buffet, maybe)? Thanks again!

Check out- http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23133

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1