We will have to eat sooner or later along the way---
Other than The Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck and
The Red Lion in Stockbridge  does anyone have a
suggestion or two?

8 Replies Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4531
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/20 15:40:37 (permalink)
    What the heck you doing up there?

I can't give you any food info, but give me the dates and I'll see if I'm around to buy you a cold one...or two.
    waltpiii
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 418
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/20 16:14:27 (permalink)
    Teo's and the Hot dog Ranch in Pittsfield.  Be sure to order the dogs with the works.

Walt
    waltpiii
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/20 16:18:12 (permalink)
    The Morgan House in Lee was very good the last time I was there. 

http://morganhouseinn.com/index.html

Not exactly Roadfood but a good meal.

Walt
    SBXSTR
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/20 17:03:52 (permalink)
    www.altawinebar.com in Lenox was good earlier in the spring. The Red Lion is a great old wooden inn but the food is not, in our opinion, all that good. They serve many meals a day and it kinda shows.
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/21 09:49:10 (permalink)
    Paisano Joe---Even us old fogies leave Florida once in a while and head for the hills.  I was perfectly content staying here in my air-conditioned condo, but family visiting time came around and I have to make some visits. 

Since I have no family in your neighborhood, and there is nothing interesting in the Poconos any more I will not be headed out that-a way.  But I will accept your IOU on the cold ones. 

I had planned on visiting Boston and had Rino's at the head of the list, but
    have to go up the Hudson instead.  I also made a note of that hot dog joint you recommended in Mass---but maybe next year. 

WALTPiii-------The Morgan House looks good---have to find it on the googlemap.  Teo's in Pittsfield and Zios in Pittstown and Zero's in Pittsburgh-----the whole thing is the Pits. Oy Vey !!!! 
    waltpiii
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/21 10:43:07 (permalink)
    If you go up the Hudson River to the Albany, NY area.  the is Hot Dog Charlies, Gus's and Famous Lunch. Again, get the dogs with the works.

In the Newburgh NY area, there are a bunch of Hot Dog places that have been written about in that general area.

Walt

Benzee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1877
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/21 12:35:29 (permalink)
    Oh Ancient one ..
    Are you driving up , a must stop in the hudson Valley on your way to Rhinebeck is Coney Island Restaurant in Middletown for a few coney dogs . We have meets there and I'm sure we could muster up a nice contingent there if you would like to stop .
    Right off rt 84 between Port and Newburgh .
    Benzee

PS- Joe has been known to travel for a meet (:
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Rhinebeck NY, Stockbridge & Lenox Mass 3 day jaunt 2011/06/21 20:29:40 (permalink)
    Ben-Zee any relation to Tappan Zee ?
    Middletown once was a place I frequented.  But it was long before the Coney
    Island joint opened.  Had business throughout the Catskills and out to the Poke-in-nose so Middletown was perfect. 

I have added The Coney Island to my growing list, but I fear I will be on the other side of the river.  And you know what us New York City guys say---any place west of the Hudson River is no place.

Yeah, Joe is always headin' someplace.  Selling windows all over the USA.

WaltPiii I ain't headin' north of RRRRRRRHine-beck---from there I is
    heading east to Stockbridge on the scenic route.  Thank you Walt
    but Albany will have to miss me this trip. 

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1