Rice Krispies Treats

Author
Midnights
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 225
2013/11/03 00:34:57 (permalink)

Rice Krispies Treats

What do you folks think about the Rice Krispies Treats. I like how easy they are to make in their simple form, and also how many varieties you can make.

I found these two pages, each with 50 fun twists on the classic. I thought others here might be interested.
Johnstone, Christi. "50 Fun Recipes For Rice Krispies Treats – Bites From Other Blogs." Love from the Oven. Love from the Oven. 10 Apr. 2012. Web. 2 Nov. 2013.
<http :// www . lovefromtheoven . com/2012/04/10/50-fun-recipes-for-rice-krispies-treats-bites-from-other-blogs/>

Espy, Julie. "50+ Rice Krispie Treat Recipes." Something Swanky: Desserts and Designs. Something Swanky. 14 Feb. 2013. Web. 2 Nov. 2013. <http :// www .somethingswanky. com/50-rice-krispie-treats/>

3 Replies Related Threads

billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2395
    Re:Rice Krispies Treats 2013/11/03 00:49:56 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood, Midnights!

Love 'em!  One of the few desserts that I never get tired of eating and am always in the mood to eat.  I usually make mine with a few tablespoons of Peanut Butter & Co.'s Smooth Operator PB mixed into the melted marshmallows & butter and sometimes I'll add milk or dark chocolate chips in as I'm mixing it all together.  Another thing I like to do is to butter or spray a drinking tall drinking glass with cooking spray and use to tamp down/roll out the treats in the Pyrex pan to make them tight whcih results in a crispier end product. 

can't stand the pre-made versions in a box or at a restaurant/bakeshop.  The boxed one have some kind of waxy film on them that just feels weird in my mouth.  I can't see paying the markup for a bakery version of something that is so incredibly easy to make at home for far less money. 
    Midnights
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re:Rice Krispies Treats 2013/11/03 10:03:10 (permalink)
    I also love them, but don't like the ones from the store. They do leave a weird film on my mouth too, and they don't taste like they have the mix right. I disagree about quality ones made by small bakeries, as they often do fun flavors that I wouldn't have tried myself. I'm good at baking, so I could make many things I'd get from a baker cheaper at home, so I don't see the Rice Krispies Treats as any different in that regard.
    TomEN
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:Rice Krispies Treats 2014/03/02 12:23:48 (permalink)
    I love them and could eat a whole pan by myself.  I also love peanut butter ones that are covered with chocolate or the caramel chocolate ones.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1