Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2008/03/02 15:25:01 (permalink)

Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle

Made it to warm and breezy south Florida! Vacation time !

Now I need to find out the address for Ricky's Wings in Hollywood that you recommended, Baah Ben...

I tried googling and doing a yellowpages.com search, but just "Ricky's Electric" has been coming up. (and I'm not in the mood to drink motor oil)

I had the fortune of reading the Miami Herald article you posted on here Miami Don, regarding the last remaining location of the Royal Castle.
(so I actually was thinking of Royal Castle, anyway, Miami Don, so you were not that far off!) (in reference to your other post, regarding me going out to the Counter Burger)

Do you think this Royal Castle is worth it ? Still real good?
I understand it's in the Liberty City , better known for that riot..
So should I wear full body armor?!?

Tomorrow's the day (March 3rd) that I'll be at the Counter Burger for lunch in Royal Palm Beach at 1:30 pm. Meeting up with bluemaxx. (sorry you can't make it Miami Don, and Baah Ben) (I'll take rainchecks, guys!)

To all other roadfooders, I'd love to have you drop by and say hi!

ellen

6 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8071
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/02 15:32:55 (permalink)
    Rickey's of Hollywood

4799 Hollywood Blvd
    Hollywood, FL 33021

You left out the "e"
    Wannabchef
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/02 15:36:12 (permalink)
    Rickey's Restaurant & Lounge
    (954) 966-1429

mar52 is correct - here's the number if you need it.....hope you like kareoke
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/02 15:40:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ellen4641

Made it to warm and breezy south Florida! Vacation time !

I had the fortune of reading the Miami Herald article you posted on here Miami Don, regarding the last remaining location of the Royal Castle.
    (so I actually was thinking of Royal Castle, anyway, Miami Don, so you were not that far off!) (in reference to your other post, regarding me going out to the Counter Burger)

Do you think this Royal Castle is worth it ? Still real good?
    I understand it's in the Liberty City , better known for that riot..
    So should I wear full body armor?!?

ellen

I put off going there because of thrice-weekly physical therapy appointments which have messed up my schedule. My read of the article is that it has become a neighborhood diner, perhaps not true to the old RC dining experience.

I must confess that the fellow with whom I plan to go there is an African-American bishop, well-known and liked in the Liberty City community where he lives. Plus, I drive a marked government car. Maybe it would not be wise of me to send a female tourist to that area.
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/02 20:49:28 (permalink)
    I'll have to admit, Ellen -you sure get around! You should should audition for The Travel Channel! Have fun!
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/02 21:40:50 (permalink)
    Ellen is our Food Channel Babe! Sorry about the spelling of Rickey's...My Fault. Lots of pressure on me, but I think you will like it. Hey, seriously....Royal Castle is not worth going to Liberty City. It is a very tough area.

Hope you are having a great time...Take plenty of pictures!!
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Ricky's Wings, Hollywood, Fl , Royal Castle 2008/03/03 10:00:28 (permalink)
    Thanx for the info, guys! So now , my aim will be to go to Rickey's during one of those kareoke nights. This way we'll get a little entertainment with our wings! (maybe a few good singers will actually be in the mix!)

UPDATE : My meeting with bluemaxx at the Counter restaurant in Royal Palm Beach had to be postponed till tomorrow Tues, 11:30 am, due to bluemaxx being under the weather. Anyone game for a burger and roadfood talk, love to see you there! Miami Don, this just may be your chance now!

warmly,
    the "pastrami queen", (and maybe even one of the new travel channel gals!) (thanx Baah Ben)

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1