Roadfood around Foxboro MA

Author
kilerclown
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 54
2011/04/08 07:26:03 (permalink)

Roadfood around Foxboro MA

My cousin and I are headed to Bass Pro Shops tomorrow and I was wondering if there are any good suggestions for places to eat in the area.  Were heading up from the Connecticut shoreline...95 to 395 and up.

Thanks for any help.

5 Replies Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4531
    Re:Roadfood around Foxboro MA 2011/04/08 07:39:52 (permalink)
    Go just a little bit north on 395 to Carl's Oxford Diner.  You won't be sorry.
    easy1
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re:Roadfood around Foxboro MA 2011/04/08 08:44:17 (permalink)
    If you are headed on Rt. 1 northbound, you will see the Bass Pro Shop on your right, as well as Gillette Stadium and the associated shops and restaurants.  Go past this complex and look across Rt 1 for the "Red Wing", it is on Rt 1 southbound about 1/4 mile past the stadium.

You'll have to make a u-turn at the next light, but you won't be dissapointed.  It is a worn out white building, with a diner style feel, and great local food.  They specialize in fresh/fried seafood, pizza, and italian dishes.  No frills, formica tables, paper place settings, and noisy air conditioners, but the food is fresh, hot, great portions, and some of the best pizza in the area.  Having grown up in the next town, Sharon, I went there when I was young because we could afford it.  Now I take my familiy there, because we can afford it, and enjoy good food and huge portions.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    Re:Roadfood around Foxboro MA 2011/04/08 09:54:23 (permalink)
    easy1 is dead on!!! Great place--i was first introduced to the Red Wing as a kid working with my electrician dad--he LOVED lunch at the Red Wing and so did I--now it is a "must go" place whenever i am back home to visit----the fisherman's platter is AWESOME---fried or broiled!--at the bar counter!
    TwoJays
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 200
    Re:Roadfood around Foxboro MA 2011/05/29 09:39:30 (permalink)
    Obviously too late for the original poster, but for future reference, head a few miles north of Foxboro to Norwood.  There's a great hidden gem called The Colonial House that is literally in the middle of a quiet residential neighborhood. Highly recommend the Italian dishes (Chicken Parm, Toasted Ravioli, etc.), the fish sandwich or fish & chips, and the bar pizza. And they pour a nice stiff drink too. The steak tips are pretty good, as is the Prime Rib. And start your meal w/ some tremendous onion rings.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/colonial-house-norwood

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    Re:Roadfood around Foxboro MA 2011/05/30 19:07:41 (permalink)
    TwoJays

Obviously too late for the original poster, but for future reference, head a few miles north of Foxboro to Norwood.  There's a great hidden gem called The Colonial House that is literally in the middle of a quiet residential neighborhood. Highly recommend the Italian dishes (Chicken Parm, Toasted Ravioli, etc.), the fish sandwich or fish & chips, and the bar pizza. And they pour a nice stiff drink too. The steak tips are pretty good, as is the Prime Rib. And start your meal w/ some tremendous onion rings.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/colonial-house-norwood
    TwoJays--my family is from Norwood--(the Santoro family)the colonial was a BIG favorite of m7y  moms and you are absolutely right! My mom LOVED thier Lazy Man's Lobster!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1