Roadfood identification

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 08:40:28 (permalink)
Although they'd require some work for the first run and be more expensive to purchase than hats or smaller items, to me the quintessential Roadfood identifier would be a Hawaiian shirt (now called camp shirt in the apparel biz) with Roadfood.com logos interspersed among the palms or flowers. From photos of Roadfooders, it's already preferred attire, can be worn my men or women and would be comfortable for wearing to food-related events.

Off-topic: It's copyrighted but I always thought this would make a great shirt for hot dog tours.

Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 09:28:10 (permalink)
Hats are out? Many Navy vetrans here, can't be covered on the mess deck out of respect to the dead.
Pins good idea, but many of are too old to be able to see them.
Patches are nice but were do you put them, on a sportcoat like a service orgainization?
T shirts may work in some places but there are SOME roadfood spots that require a collered shirt.
So I propose THE Roadfood BIB!
Great for "Q" fans or a fully dressed Chi Dog, Spaggetti or a pizza dripping with oil, or fried chicken it will keep the flaky coating from covering your chest.
Yes the Roadfood BIB, an iten you can wear proudly. And I'm sure it will impress your kids and grandchildren when dining out with them.
Chow Jim
Willly
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 09:46:59 (permalink)
It's too bad the fez is already taken...
TooPhat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 125
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 10:49:35 (permalink)
What about one of those rubbery bracelets that people wear to support different organizations? Like the bright yellow Live Strong that Lance Armstrong wears. Since they stretch one size would be all that's needed. Pick a bright color and anyone can see it, young or older. An added plus would be that it would work for women or men, unlike a hat that most women wouldn't wear and some men don't like to wear.
Pam
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6379
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 18:37:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by TooPhat

What about one of those rubbery bracelets that people wear to support different organizations? Like the bright yellow Live Strong that Lance Armstrong wears. Since they stretch one size would be all that's needed. Pick a bright color and anyone can see it, young or older. An added plus would be that it would work for women or men, unlike a hat that most women wouldn't wear and some men don't like to wear.
Pam

Red for ketchup or yellow for mustard?

Actually that's pretty good idea.
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 21:37:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Vic
For those shy of injections, we can put them in Suppositories too! ( a miss is as good as a mile !!)

Al, Great idea, until you see a group of Roadfooders heading to the facilities, then following the plumbing out the back of the building in search of. Regulars could get the wrong idea...
Rick F.
  • Total Posts : 1736
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/08/24 22:06:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Greyghost

a Roadfood detective badge.
Would that be like a regular cop badge? If so, I like the idea. Instead of rank it could have the screen name, and the RF logo in the center. Maybe crossed knife & fork somewhere?

Whatever--I like them all. As TW said, make it and I'll buy it.
Honeylicious
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 13:02:31 (permalink)
Hi, all. I am newbie here. This is my first post. You all seem like a great group and I look forward to some pleasant times here and on the road.

I liked the idea of a rubbery band to identify us. It might have to be something like striped or camouflage to truly identify us. There are just so many colors. Hmm, I'm thinking of that hot dog hat - how about a white band with little hot dogs all over it? Or maybe little lobsters or hamburgers?

Honeylicious
NY
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3987
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 14:28:21 (permalink)
Honeylicious------------I sure hope you are a female.

Being 6'-3" I was assigned to be the Totem pole at meetings. People, especially
short ones, could spot me from afar---that is until a new guy joined our
group who was 6'-7". You couldn't miss him. So I vote for a hat---people could
see it while a bracelet would not be seen unless you walked around with your
arm up. That could be mistaken for asking permission to use the out-house.

A hat in a color that would stand out and be recognized immediately and which
could easily be removed when indoors or while eating. I wear a Notre Dame cap
all the time and get some nice looks when I remove it in an elevator if a lady
is present. Being a real gentleman is in my nature !!!!!!!!!! But............

Riding up and down all day hoping for nice looks is getting boring !!!!
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4534
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 15:34:20 (permalink)
Honeylicious, Welcome to Roadfood.

the ancient mariner, You're the best.

MGWerks
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 15:46:33 (permalink)
I think Honeylicious is on to something. OF course, any such armband should be reddish-brown and white uneven stripes, so it looks like...

BACON!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 16:19:34 (permalink)
Like this?

Rick F.
  • Total Posts : 1736
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 18:56:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MiamiDon
Like this?
I like it, but am still interested in a badge. I'm gonna see if I can find a source.
Honeylicious
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/21 23:52:09 (permalink)
Thank you for the nice welcome to your forums. I think food brings out the best in people. And yes, I am definitely female!
As for the wristband, I am not married to the idea, but it surely would be the easiest for me. I do not wear hats as they are too warm and then I get the dreaded "hat head" and can't remove it even if I want to.
And as for a badge, well, then you'd be looking straight at people's chests. That could get you into boocoo trouble...
How about a neck scarf???

Honeylicious
NY
MGWerks
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 00:11:33 (permalink)
Heh. What might work is a little flag and stand to just set out on the table in the restaurant, with the RoadFood emblem on the flag. Sort of like at Pancho's Mexican Buffet chain restaurants.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5081
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 01:57:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MGWerks

Heh. What might work is a little flag and stand to just set out on the table in the restaurant, with the RoadFood emblem on the flag. Sort of like at Pancho's Mexican Buffet chain restaurants.

Make that the, "late" Pancho's Mexican Buffet restaurants. That is, at least in the Dallas area.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5081
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 02:01:10 (permalink)
Why not, a tee shirt? It's amazing how many people stop and talk to me when I'm out wearing an, In-and-Out tee shirt.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10287
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 03:32:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

Please lets try not to kill yet another thread by trading insults and personal attacks. Too much of that lately. Too much.

I didn't see any insults or personal attacks on here YET? Not sure what you're referring to??
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10287
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 03:51:34 (permalink)
Do you remember the "Turtle Society"? We could adopt a similiar format:
"The Ancient and Honorable Order of Turtles ("Ancient Order of Turtles," "Royal Order of Turtles," "International Turtles Association," "Turtle Club," or any other title that the local branch is affiliated with) is "an honorable drinking fraternity composed of ladies and gentlemen of the highest morals and good character, who are never vulgar" and who have successfully answered four from a list of about twenty-five qualifying questions. Each question suggests a vulgar, lewd, or salacious answer, but the actual correct answer is rather innocuous. It is assumed that all prospective turtles own a diabetic donkey, or one of a sweet and kindly disposition, which is the reason for the password. Once inducted, a member must reply to the question, "Are you a turtle?" with the answer, "You bet your sweet ass I am." If the member is unable or unwilling (perhaps because of the restriction on vulgarity) to provide the correct answer, he or she owes to each other turtle present a drink of the recipient's choice.
There are at least twenty different branches of Turtles in America, but all adhere to the same sign, passwords, grip and initiation format."
http://www.ruaturtle.com

"Are you a Roadfooder?
"You Bet your Sweet Onions I Am!"

Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5116
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 08:47:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:

Please lets try not to kill yet another thread by trading insults and personal attacks. Too much of that lately. Too much.

I didn't see any insults or personal attacks on here YET? Not sure what you're referring to??

Hey Rip Van Winkle...that warning was posted a month ago!...and see how well it worked?

actually, the offending posts were deleted when the request for order was originally made.
Rusty246
  • Total Posts : 2414
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 10:08:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Rick F.

quote:
Like this?
I like it, but am still interested in a badge. I'm gonna see if I can find a source.

Might I suggest Promo Depot for a source? I've used them for shirts, pens, etc. for years and they have an EXTENSIVE line of just about anything you can imagine. Just go to the website and type in your desired item in item search. I can also provide you with a contact if you'd like. They are very professional and friendly.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6284
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 11:23:52 (permalink)
If you see a post that is offensive...and you comment about it...then don't want to look like a grumpy,complaining fool when the offending person deletes it...reply to it by hiting reply with a quote,your post then repeats the lines you are referring to....I learned that the hard way...we have those "post and run" people around here...that way you itentify them for all to see,even later readers...and others aren't confused by your reply...of course if the comment is really offensive and repeating it only compounds the felony...paraphrase what they said and post the time and date it was said , and of course by whom.....this is a great site...and I've made some grweat e-mail friends here....but there are always some people who become mean and cowardly behind a keyboard.....just some thoughts!!!!!!
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6284
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/22 11:28:32 (permalink)
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:

Hey Rip Van Winkle...that warning was posted a month ago!...and see how well it worked?

actually, the offending posts were deleted when the request for order was originally made.

I broke my own suggestion...just in case....here's the reply I was replying to!!!!!! See how confusing it can get??!!
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 06:38:41 (permalink)
I just skirted--uh,, actually didnt even read all the replies here, so I have no clue if what I present was posted or not.
So excuse me if I am being redundant. Well. I really dont care if I am or not.......

Now... how about a sticky/new topic that centered on just FOOD festivals, meetings, that type of venues........ and then if roadfooders were going there, they can post when and where and what they were weaing on their heads? Ot stuck up the wazoo?

Now, If there is nothing to do with food, who cares.. thats not why we are here anyway.

In this day and age, its too much money to spend extra money on getting pins and hats and such.

At least it is for me, albeit I cant afford to go to anythng that cost money anyways... Shoot, I can barely afford to eat anyway..
so. I guess my thoughts here are totally moot.

Mod's I guess yu can delete my post if you wish.

mumble mumble mumble--and they said I would never make it in hollywood.. what do they know?.. huh!

AND..I am NOT even going to get into this!

NO NO NO.. that is too far out of my.. uh........ uh....
uh.... NO.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Honeylicious
Junior Burger

2 Posts
Posted - 09/21/2008 : 13:02:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, all. I am newbie here. This is my first post. You all seem like a great group and I look forward to some pleasant times here and on the road.

I liked the idea of a rubbery band to identify us. It might have to be something like striped or camouflage to truly identify us. There are just so many colors. Hmm, I'm thinking of that hot dog hat - how about a white band with little hot dogs all over it? Or maybe little lobsters or hamburgers?

Honeylicious
NY

the ancient mariner

1721 Posts
Posted - 09/21/2008 : 14:28:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honeylicious------------I sure hope you are a female.
Being 6'-3" I was assigned to be the Totem pole at meetings. People, especially
short ones, could spot me from afar---that is until a new guy joined our
group who was 6'-7". You couldn't miss him. So I vote for a hat---people could
see it while a bracelet would not be seen unless you walked around with your
arm up. That could be mistaken for asking permission to use the out-house.

A hat in a color that would stand out and be recognized immediately and which
could easily be removed when indoors or while eating. I wear a Notre Dame cap
all the time and get some nice looks when I remove it in an elevator if a lady
is present. Being a real gentleman is in my nature !!!!!!!!!! But............

Riding up and down all day hoping for nice looks is getting boring !!!!

-----------------------------------------------

AM!!!!
I (aye) .. I(aye).. I(aye)...
Uh.
You need to take penance. .. uh. not sure of what, but it must be done very soon.
I am speechless here.
Oy VEY!

Honey??
Just make sure that Ancient Mariener isnt on the road with you.. you might get a little more than your bargained for..??
kay?
caveat Emptor
For some reason, I think Honeylicious will fit right in here with us, UH, I mean you AM>

roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 07:03:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Vic
For those shy of injections, we can put them in Suppositories too! ( a miss is as good as a mile !!)

Al, Great idea, until you see a group of Roadfooders heading to the facilities, then following the plumbing out the back of the building in search of. Regulars could get the wrong idea...

Only if Al was wearing his thong..

roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 07:18:50 (permalink)
quote:

Like this?

Of course for the men that might be a well defined tattoo.. " />
((on a specific place)..just dont put it in a frying pan!
doggydaddy
  • Total Posts : 1847
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 08:55:00 (permalink)

===Can I get mine with a ketchup squiggle?===

Twinwillow,

I like the idea of ketchup or mustard squiggles if used for a bumpersticker.
My thought is to base them on common road signs such a a ketchup arrow with 'Turn Ahead', followed by little letters saying '...for a great meal'
Yield: To great food.
I- STOP - for Roadfood.
STOP! Eating fast food.
You could have a representation of a stop light with the green light on and the saying 'Dinner is Served'.

mark
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15286
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 10:11:34 (permalink)

Sheesch...All my shirts would be considered "Roadfood Logo" shirts if mustard and Ketchup squiggles are the Logo!!

chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 11:23:11 (permalink)
How about pink Crocks with pig stickers all over them....GREAT IDEA HUH??
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Roadfood identification 2008/09/23 18:04:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chewingthefat

How about pink Crocks with pig stickers all over them....GREAT IDEA HUH??

This is the best I can come up with...
If the pic doesnt show, I think if you right click the red x, (if its there) and then click show picture, it will show......

or.........
we can go with this....

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1