2003/02/26 19:11:10 (permalink)

Roadfood in the Arizona Star

Nice story about Roadfood in today's Arizona Star:

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/wed/30226Roadfood.html

5 Replies Related Threads

marberthenad
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 509
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star 2004/09/11 21:50:53 (permalink)
    Not to mention the Virginia's Hampton Roads Daily Press

http://www.dailypress.com/features/columnists/dp-58288cm0aug25,0,1739669.column?coll=dp-features-columnists
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star 2004/09/12 00:04:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Stern

Nice story about Roadfood in today's Arizona Star:

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/wed/30226Roadfood.html

Sorry, but for me anyway this link doesn't work--I get the Star OK but not anything about Roadfood nor can I find it by searching. I'd like to see what they say because I spend my winters near Tucson these days and would like to see something about Roadfood in that area. But where is it?

The link suggests it was in Wednesday's food section--but was it last Wednesday? I didn't see it there.
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star 2004/09/12 00:20:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

Sorry, but for me anyway this link doesn't work--I get the Star OK but not anything about Roadfood nor can I find it by searching. I'd like to see what they say because I spend my winters near Tucson these days and would like to see something about Roadfood in that area. But where is it?

The link suggests it was in Wednesday's food section--but was it last Wednesday? I didn't see it there.

I think you have to realize that the original post by Michael Stern was done February 26, 2003, but the link takes you to the current issue of the Arizona Star!

When you use the link, click on "Star Archive" and type in "Roadfood" in the Search Box. The second of three results you get will be the article Michael Stern was referring to. The only catch is that, except for the five lines that they tease you with, you have to BUY the article in order to read it.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star 2004/09/12 03:23:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by 6star

quote:
    Originally posted by BT

Aha! I hadn't noticed how old the Stern post was. And it's pretty standard that you can't read articles that old for free. I'll probably skip it since the info would also be pretty old even if I could read it.

I think you have to realize that the original post by Michael Stern was done February 26, 2003, but the link takes you to the current issue of the Arizona Star!

When you use the link, click on "Star Archive" and type in "Roadfood" in the Search Box. The second of three results you get will be the article Michael Stern was referring to. The only catch is that, except for the five lines that they tease you with, you have to BUY the article in order to read it.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed how old the link was. And it's not uncommon for newspapers to charge for archival material more than a week or so old. Since the info is as old as the link, I guess I'll skip it.
    Rex Allen
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star 2004/09/12 06:53:07 (permalink)
    Thank you for pointing out the difference in dates of the Arizona Star article. Rex in hot,expensive San Diego.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1