Hot!Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
strongy78
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 68
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2013/11/23 13:14:03 (permalink)
That food tour sounded spot on!  Lots of good Mexican cuisine.  Those Colorado folks who started the business are probably enjoying a super relaxing life down there in Puerto Vallarta.

That huge guinea pig is called a capybara.  They are the largest rodent in the world.  I used to work at a zoo and we had a few of them there....that's the only reason I know about em ;-).
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2013/11/23 13:34:36 (permalink)
strongy78

That food tour sounded spot on!  Lots of good Mexican cuisine.  Those Colorado folks who started the business are probably enjoying a super relaxing life down there in Puerto Vallarta.

That huge guinea pig is called a capybara.  They are the largest rodent in the world.  I used to work at a zoo and we had a few of them there....that's the only reason I know about em ;-).
Actually, that is a relative of the capybara called the agouti. Capybaras are much larger (can weigh up to 140 lbs)  and live only in SA.
http://www.pbs.org/edens/manu/rodents.htm
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2718
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2013/11/23 18:07:25 (permalink)
Ed - Awesome report. I'm glad reports that I missed keep bubbling up.

I take it that a cruise of the Panama Canal is a twice in a lifetime kind of thing.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4077
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2013/11/27 22:10:22 (permalink)
JRPfeff

Ed - Awesome report. I'm glad reports that I missed keep bubbling up.

I take it that a cruise of the Panama Canal is a twice in a lifetime kind of thing.

Actually, this was my third cruise of the Canal. It's easy to find different cruises with slightly different itineraries so some of the stops are always new. And the Canal is such a fascinating place, I always see new things there. Plus, I've taken different people with me on each one and the fascination they each have had for it keeps it fresh and enjoyable to me. 
ricoboxing
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 33
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2014/02/18 19:42:05 (permalink)
never been to mexico, but this report makes me wanna go now!!
HollyDolly
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1074
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2014/02/26 11:59:38 (permalink)
What a great trip report. never been there but maybe some day.
In regards to molethere are various   kinds I understand. There   is    of course the one most people are familiar with,, plus      green and even a yellow mole depending on      the region.Also   according to  tradition,a nun who was the head cook at the Convento de Santa Clara in Puebla had to make a dinner for a  special     visitor, either the bishopor the viceroy,and   threw  various ingredients together to make a sauce.The  result was mole. The coconut  candy with the pink top can be purchased around here in San Antonio.In fact,the    H.E.B.      grocerystore in UniversalCity  a couple  of miles from me has      a stand next to the deli with all sorts of mexican candy. Think I'' go and buysome and send it to my sister and a    couple  of other relatives.Great  photoss.Never knew anyone did food tours.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4077
Re:Roadfooding Tour in Puerto Vallarta Mexico 2014/02/26 12:47:04 (permalink)
HollyDolly

What a great trip report. never been there but maybe some day.
In regards to molethere are various   kinds I understand. There   is    of course the one most people are familiar with,, plus      green and even a yellow mole depending on      the region.Also   according to  tradition,a nun who was the head cook at the Convento de Santa Clara in Puebla had to make a dinner for a  special     visitor, either the bishopor the viceroy,and   threw  various ingredients together to make a sauce.The  result was mole. The coconut  candy with the pink top can be purchased around here in San Antonio.In fact,the    H.E.B.      grocerystore in UniversalCity  a couple  of miles from me has      a stand next to the deli with all sorts of mexican candy. Think I'' go and buysome and send it to my sister and a    couple  of other relatives.Great  photoss.Never knew anyone did food tours.

Thanks for the kind word HollyDolly. The story that I was told was that the owners did a food tour in Chicago and liked it so much they set up the PV Food Tour. I also did a food tour in Honolulu in November that was good. I think it's a great way to see an area and eat good food.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1