Roast Beef Hoagie

Author
WVCitySlicker
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 90
2008/01/13 06:51:46 (permalink)

Roast Beef Hoagie

There used to be a small Valley Bell Dairy Ice Cream and Sandwich Shop in Kanawha City (east Charleston, WV) in the 3700 block of McCorkle Avenue S.E. My favorite sandwich was the Roast Beef Hoagie, it consisted of a generous amount of sliced roast beef, mozerella cheese, mild banana peppers and thinly sliced onions then toasted in a real pizza oven (not on a conveyor belt), once taken from the oven add lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise - then sit down with your favorite milkshake made with hand dipped ice xream----------Almost Heaven West Virginia

2 Replies Related Threads

Phildelmar
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 855
    RE: Roast Beef Hoagie 2008/01/13 08:32:29 (permalink)
    I grew up in the Philadelphia area. While we had roast beef hoagies, I never found them particularly good. My theory is that the places that served them didn't sell many of them, and, consequently,the meat tended to be dry
    Robearjr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1102
    RE: Roast Beef Hoagie 2008/01/13 17:27:07 (permalink)
    A good roast beef sub in Baltimore can be found at Eddie's supermarket in mount vernon, which is about a mile north of the harbor. This Eddie's is not the same as the upscale Eddie's chain in Baltimore, but this little market makes the best roast beef. You need to be sure to ask for Their roast beef. You want the stuff they do in house. Their shipped in deli fare is pretty bad. If they don't have their own roast beef, get their store made chicken salad instead. And if they don't have their own chicken salad, you should just go home.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1