Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage.

Author
slaveforpizzaandsushi
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 58
2012/10/31 11:40:56 (permalink)

Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage.

I felt inspired yesterday. Mixing a bit of Italian and Eastern European flavours.

Sorry no pix..i should have done so last night..but reheating leftovers today. Not quite the same as when it is steaming hot. LOL.

I made enough for four servings. Not huge portions though. I assume you will have a salad with it and a small starter.

3/4 lb fettucine, linguine, or chunky pasta shape
1 cup roasted red pepper ( I used S & F Brand)
1/4 cup onion finely diced
1 large clove finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree (not weird, trust me)
1 cup half and half (you might need a little less)
1 cup chicken broth
2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1/2 pound kielbasa, cubed
oil, salt, pepper
parmagiano cheese to great over it

Put water on the boil for the pasta. Heat up some oil to saute the veggies in it. Add the broth and cook till quite tender.  Meanwhile, saute chicken breasts and sausage up in a wee bit of oil till carmelized.
PUree the veggies, season to your liking, add the cream and warm up gently.
When pasta is cooked, drain, add the sauce and meat together, stir well, stir in cheese, and then a bit more when you serve. Alternatively, you could first drain the pasta and serve the sauce and meat on top and then mix when you are about to eat it.

Now..i really do not measure when cooking. I do when baking..but when it comes to cooking..i am adept enough to know my tastes and how to adapt and such. Hope you like it. 
P.S. I used whole wheat pasta...but you can obviously use fresh pasta or regular white pasta.
post edited by slaveforpizzaandsushi - 2012/10/31 11:43:10

5 Replies Related Threads

kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 410
    Re:Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage. 2012/10/31 13:31:30 (permalink)
    slaveforpizzaandsushi

I felt inspired yesterday. Mixing a bit of Italian and Eastern European flavours.

Sorry no pix..i should have done so last night..but reheating leftovers today. Not quite the same as when it is steaming hot. LOL.

I made enough for four servings. Not huge portions though. I assume you will have a salad with it and a small starter.

3/4 lb fettucine, linguine, or chunky pasta shape
    1 cup roasted red pepper ( I used S & F Brand)
    1/4 cup onion finely diced
    1 large clove finely chopped
    1/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree (not weird, trust me)
    1 cup half and half (you might need a little less)
    1 cup chicken broth
    2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
    1/2 pound kielbasa, cubed
    oil, salt, pepper
    parmagiano cheese to great over it

Put water on the boil for the pasta. Heat up some oil to saute the veggies in it. Add the broth and cook till quite tender.  Meanwhile, saute chicken breasts and sausage up in a wee bit of oil till carmelized.
    PUree the veggies, season to your liking, add the cream and warm up gently.
    When pasta is cooked, drain, add the sauce and meat together, stir well, stir in cheese, and then a bit more when you serve. Alternatively, you could first drain the pasta and serve the sauce and meat on top and then mix when you are about to eat it.

Now..i really do not measure when cooking. I do when baking..but when it comes to cooking..i am adept enough to know my tastes and how to adapt and such. Hope you like it. 
    P.S. I used whole wheat pasta...but you can obviously use fresh pasta or regular white pasta.

Sounds very good! I'm keeping this one!
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8497
    Re:Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage. 2012/10/31 14:48:55 (permalink)
    Me, too! Sounds fantastic!
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8085
    Re:Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage. 2012/10/31 20:20:27 (permalink)
    Pumpkin?  I'm not sure I trust you. 

The recipe does sound interesting.  Thanks for posting it.

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage. 2012/11/01 17:24:02 (permalink)
    That sounds damn good, I 'm going to try it this weekend!
    slaveforpizzaandsushi
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re:Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce over pasta with chicken and sausage. 2012/11/02 16:24:24 (permalink)
    @KevinCad -- i hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you try it out.

@ann peeoples-- please try it..it is quite nice.

@mar52 --granted it sounds weird. It was a last minute decision on my part. It worked beautifully.

@chewingthefat --kindly let me know if you liked it or not
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1