Rockfish Recipes

Author
Stonewall
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
2006/10/20 08:05:04 (permalink)

Rockfish Recipes

I want to cook about a 6 lb rockfish. What would be the best way to cook it, whole or filleted? I plan to cook it in alum foil, with some type of marinate. If you have a recipe, please share it with me. What would be a good price per lb for this type of fish? Thanks.

5 Replies Related Threads

shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Rockfish Recipes 2006/10/23 14:09:00 (permalink)
    The last time I cooked one, I split it, scored the skin, put it on some non-stick foil, basted it with olive oil, sprinkled it with Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, grilled it, squeezed a fresh lemon on top when I served it. There was nothing left. So I guess I did okay. This also works with flounder, you don't have to split that one.
    shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Rockfish Recipes 2006/10/23 14:10:06 (permalink)
    Oh, and by the way, where did you come up with a big rockfish? I would knock somebody down for one of those..
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18659
    RE: Rockfish Recipes 2006/10/23 15:48:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by shortchef

Oh, and by the way, where did you come up with a big rockfish? I would knock somebody down for one of those..

A six-pounder is a sort of little guy. Stripers -- and even wipers -- get a lot bigger than that.
    ocdreamr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1110
    RE: Rockfish Recipes 2006/10/23 17:50:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

A six-pounder is a sort of little guy. Stripers -- and even wipers -- get a lot bigger than that.

I agree Michael. I must say, one of the things I've had trouble getting down here in North Carolina is rockfish. I have fond memories of the Rock that my old neighbor up in Baltimore used to give me. Here's a picture of one he caught 2 years ago, it made a state record. Chris is about 6 foot tall, for reference to the size of the fish! It was good too!!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18659
    RE: Rockfish Recipes 2006/10/23 18:12:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ocdreamr

quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

I agree Michael. I must say, one of the things I've had trouble getting down here in North Carolina is rockfish. I have fond memories of the Rock that my old neighbor up in Baltimore used to give me. Here's a picture of one he caught 2 years ago, it made a state record. Chris is about 6 foot tall, for reference to the size of the fish! It was good too!!

You can catch stripers at Lake Norman, and the state record striper came from Hiwassee Reservoir in the western part of the state at 54 pounds, two ounces.

The state record hybrid striper (a cross between a striper and a white bass), which is called a Bodie bass there, came from Lake Chatuge and tipped the scales at 17 pounds, seven ounces.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1