Romantic food/music

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/07/22 23:37:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by VibrationGuy

Elise, you may never convince my grandmother, but you've certainly convinced me.

Eric, Blushing At #s 9 and 10.

Tha't OK, your grandmother probably doesn't go to the same kind of clubs that I do.

-Elise, who always saves the best for last
TANFANRN
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/07/23 04:25:22 (permalink)
IT WOULD START WITH MOZZERELLA DE BUFFALO SLICED WITH FRESH TOMATOES, BASIL, GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL. PENNE IN A RUSTIC SAUCE WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, GREEK OLIVES, HERBS AND MORE OLIVE OIL. FRESH ITALIAN BREAD AND A BOTTLE OF PINO GRIGIO. HOMEMADE CANNOLI AND ESPRESSO FOR THE FINALE. I'M WITH CHEESEWIT. IT'S ANDREA BOCELLI WHO SETS THE MOOD. AHH, AMORE.
hawkeyejohn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 257
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/07/23 09:04:04 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by BBQ Barney

quote:
Originally posted by hawkeyejohn

quote:
Originally posted by BBQ Barney

quote:
Originally posted by hawkeyejohn

Hell, BBQ, cold Old Style and The Allman Brothers can be romantic with the right person, setting, etc.

As hard as it is for me to agree with a Hawk, change the beer to Boulevard Pale Ale, and you've got it! Otherwise, we go for pizza, onion rings and beer to set the mood.

God, don't tell me you're a Clone.

Married one--I'm a Bulldog! Food transends college loyalty!

At least the Bulldog's now have the best basketball coach in the state.
Lone Star
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/07/23 09:52:23 (permalink)
The #1 reason for beer in a bottle, no lipstick on the glass.

Also, Shiner Bock just doesn't taste right in a glass.
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 865
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/15 22:48:59 (permalink)
Barry White. Ice Cream. Mackeson XXX Chocolate Stout.
redtressed
  • Total Posts : 1017
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/16 23:49:23 (permalink)
A silver tray full of finger foods(crab stuffed artichoke hearts, coconut shrimp, raclette cheese slices, stuffed mushrooms,strawberries etc) , asti spumante......candles......egyptian cotton sheets.....freesia essential oils.......Boz Scaggs on the box singing , "we're all alone"............sighs

(ok....so my most likely occasion has entailed a "I forgot my wallet can you pay for the pizza" kind of deal.....a girl can dream can't she?)
Lucky Bishop
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 02:21:21 (permalink)
As much as my wife and I like the Norahs and Nats, and the candlelights and wine, we've never really been conventionally "romantic" people, and our most romantic dinners have always been in more idiosyncratic circumstances, and therefore both more memorable and more demonstrably "us." Let's see...very early on, I remember beef stroganoff, garlic bread, green salad and ice cream, all made by me in my tiny little off-campus apartment's poorly-appointed kitchen, with the Television Personalities and Stereolab in the background. Most recently, there was an impromptu picnic of takeout barbecue in a park, close enough to the car to hear a disc of what some people have termed "outsider music" in its CD player.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 03:10:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

As much as my wife and I like the Norahs and Nats, and the candlelights and wine, we've never really been conventionally "romantic" people, and our most romantic dinners have always been in more idiosyncratic circumstances, and therefore both more memorable and more demonstrably "us." Let's see...very early on, I remember beef stroganoff, garlic bread, green salad and ice cream, all made by me in my tiny little off-campus apartment's poorly-appointed kitchen, with the Television Personalities and Stereolab in the background. Most recently, there was an impromptu picnic of takeout barbecue in a park, close enough to the car to hear a disc of what some people have termed "outsider music" in its CD player.

Good thing you were listening to it outside!
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 449
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 10:27:37 (permalink)
Luther Vandross on the CD player and something light (heavy food seems to work against romance with my wife) like a platter of asssorted fruit, cheeses, and breads served with a nice Pinot Noir. We usually have something sweet (cake or ice cream) "after".
Lucky Bishop
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 11:09:51 (permalink)
My first college girlfriend and I used to get ravenously hungry, as Howard delicately put it, "after," and our relationship was regularly punctuated by after-midnight runs to the Town and Country store for jalapeno corn dogs, Pringles and Mrs. Baird's cherry pies.

Of course, these attacks of the munchies could also have had something to do with, erm, a certain misdemeanor that we'd often get up to over the course of the evening, usually to the accompaniment of Rahsaan Roland Kirk (if my girlfriend was picking the records) or the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds (if I was).

Sometimes I really miss college...
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6653
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 11:53:29 (permalink)
Sunday night we had a memorable meal and good music: crab-crusted halibut (just caught hours earlier out of Prince William Sound), tomato-basil beurre blanc, grilled asparagus, green salad with champagne vinaigrette. Bottle of DeLoach OFS chardonnay. Eva Cassidy in the background. Ah, living well is the best revenge.
KimChee43
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 382
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 12:08:33 (permalink)
Any dinner becomes romantic here if I set the table with fine linens, the "good" china and silverware, some fresh flowers, and candles...but the music that cements the mood for us has GOT to be the "Jazz 'Round Midnight" CD featuring Errol Garner (no substitutions).
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 449
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 14:30:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

My first college girlfriend and I used to get ravenously hungry, as Howard delicately put it, "after," and our relationship was regularly punctuated by after-midnight runs to the Town and Country store for jalapeno corn dogs, Pringles and Mrs. Baird's cherry pies.

Of course, these attacks of the munchies could also have had something to do with, erm, a certain misdemeanor that we'd often get up to over the course of the evening, usually to the accompaniment of Rahsaan Roland Kirk (if my girlfriend was picking the records) or the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds (if I was).

Sometimes I really miss college...

Lucky:

Perhaps "Favorite Foods To Eat When You've Got The Munchies" could be a whole new topic?
Lucky Bishop
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/09/17 15:34:53 (permalink)
Howard:

Only for those of us for whom the statute of limitations has expired! Who knows, John Ashcroft may have nothing better to do with his days than trolling Roadfood!
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 865
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/10/03 00:47:46 (permalink)
Southern cooking and Johnny Cash. Heck, Johnny Cash and every food known to man. The Man in Black had quite a romantic soul. Especially love the albums where you can tell he's singing directly to June. They'll both be missed.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/10/03 04:55:01 (permalink)
Johnny Cash RIP...my boyfriend wrote me the words to "I Walk The Line" in a love letter, and I'd never realized how romantic that song was before. My mother's name is Delia, so she didn't ever find Johnny cash too romantic.
Kristi S.
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: Romantic food/music 2003/10/03 08:28:50 (permalink)
Hubby is picky about both food and music, but we've gone down this road before, so:

Food: a lusty lasagna accompanied by crackly, spicy garlic toast and Italian green beans in a butter-lemon sauce
A manhattan cocktail, expertly mixed by yours truly

On the CD player: Roxy Music's "Avalon" or some nifty mid-60s Oscar Peterson Trio.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1