Root Beer Barrel concession stand

Author
jsoren
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2005/08/11 09:42:01 (permalink)

Root Beer Barrel concession stand

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have built a knock-down concession stand and am looking for advise. It is aluminum, 9 feet tall, 9 feet wide, shaped and painted like a root beer barrel. I am interested in selling it and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to advertise it.
I have thought of ebay, but I think it is something that a limited audience may be interested in. I would like to reach that audience.

Your suggestions are appreciated.
Pictures are available via email.

Thanks, Josh

11 Replies Related Threads

festivalfood
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/13 07:13:52 (permalink)
    Josh
    I think your rootbeer barrel concession stand sounds pretty sharp.You might get some interest on it here,but I would definately put it up on ebay,people interested in this type of equipment search ebay day and night(I am one of them!),and they have concession categories specifically for concession trailers and equipment and you cant ask for better exposure to millions of people for a small price.Two other sites that might also work for you are
    www.concessiontrailers.com
    www.usedrides.com
    Both of these sites are for selling the type of equipment you have,although I dont know if they are as cost effective or get the exposure that ebay does.

Good Luck!
    Jim
    Mark in Ohio
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 181
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/13 08:53:24 (permalink)
    " />
    Hi Jsoren, never underestimate the vast audience that eBay encompasses, they have many prospective buyers scouring the listings for items much more obscure than yours. It's a cost effective way to expose your concession to a multitude of buyers (and you just need one buyer) at a reasonable price. Many people search eBay who don't look anywhere else for items. Good photos help immensely.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/15 07:54:13 (permalink)
    Ebay is a buyers market, not a sellers... Take it from a seller..

Try www.craigslist.org .... Find a city on the right side of the list and work your way from there... Good Luck! Let us know where ya set up your ad so the rest of us can look at it! (Pictures sell)...

festivalfood
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/15 20:41:37 (permalink)
    UncleVic
    I think Ebay is both a buyers and sellers market.I sell on ebay also,and use reserves on my auctions to protect myself.I have bought things on ebay that were worth a couple thousand dollars for $1.00,being the only bidder on a no reserve auction that started at a dollar.I have also sold things for up to 10 to 15 times what I paid for them,depending on what it was.I have never atleast doubled my money at the minimum on ebay.I sometimes find things listed on Ebay with a vague description for something expensive and buy it,and have resold such things with the right description for many times more.I was told something by a friend who is a powerseller with over 8000 transactions on ebay that is very true."Ebay brings down the price on common items,because there will be many listed,but it exponentially drives the price of unique items through the roof if there is a market for it." I still think you will find no bigger market or worldwide exposure than ebay.I won't sell anything through classifieds or person to person locally it is too much of a hassle dealing with hagglers and tire kickers,I only sell things on ebay anymore.Don't get me wrong there are a lot of dead beats on ebay,almost everytime I sold a vehicle on ebay I had to go through one or two stiffs who didnt have the money or disapeared,but I eventually sold them for more than I thought I would get.
    jsoren
    Junior Burger
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/17 13:24:52 (permalink)
    Thank you for the suggestions, sounds like Ebay really is the way to go. I have some good pictures, but need to get the verbage right. I will let everyone know when I post it on Ebay.

Have a great rest of the summer!

Regards,
    Josh
    festivalfood
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/08/17 20:48:14 (permalink)
    Your welcome Josh.Let us know when you put it on Ebay,I would like to see what your concession stand looks like ,it does sound pretty unique.I have seen the lemonade stands and trailers shaped like a giant lemon,which are pretty neat ,but have never seen a root beer barrel concession stand.I always though selling root beer like that was a good set up,I like nostalgia stuff like that.I almost bought a big AW root beer barrel with a stainless steel liner,and wood exterior and 2 spigots in great shape,but the guy wanted a litle too much for it at the time,thinking back I wish I bought it.
    Good Luck!
    Jim
    jsoren
    Junior Burger
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/10/31 15:06:10 (permalink)
    Hello again folks!
    As I promised...Here is the link to my auction for the Root Beer Barrel Concession stand.
    Let me know what you think
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Knock-down-Aluminum-Concession-Stand-Barrel_W0QQitemZ7558256862QQcategoryZ46590QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Josh
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/11/01 13:03:13 (permalink)
    Thats pretty sharp Josh! Nice Job...
    jojobeans
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/11/04 00:27:13 (permalink)
    Nice set up Josh. Do you have pictures of the inside?
    Red Sox Nation
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/11/04 14:37:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jsoren

Hello again folks!
    As I promised...Here is the link to my auction for the Root Beer Barrel Concession stand.
    Let me know what you think
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Knock-down-Aluminum-Concession-Stand-Barrel_W0QQitemZ7558256862QQcategoryZ46590QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Josh

456 views. Are you getting lots of email questions. Any quality leads that may materialize aftre market?
    jsoren
    Junior Burger
    RE: Root Beer Barrel concession stand 2005/11/09 10:28:33 (permalink)
    I have received a number of questions on the barrel, but it doesn't appear to be on the top of everyone's wish list this year. I don't have any pictures of the inside when it is set up as it has been disassembled for the year. I can tell you this, the front counter is about 46 inches from the ground, there are also 2 smaller counters that mount on the inside of the barrel for storage/workspace.
    Hopefully I'll get some last minute bids.
    Have a good winter!!
    Josh
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1