The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6094
Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 01/11/11 11:55 AM (permalink)
I had one yesterday, medium rare, cooked perfectly, I must say it was darn good, pretty good fries with it too. Not a bad place. Anyone else tried the triple prime there? Opinions on the place?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17832
    Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 01/11/11 11:59 AM (permalink)
    I've been to a couple of them, and the burgers (not the one you mention) weren't bad. Oh, and I had a very good steak at a Ruby Tuesday's in Columbia, South Carolina once.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
      Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 01/11/11 5:22 PM (permalink)
      Bob loves their triple prime burgers. I, too enjoyed a peppercorn sirloin there over Christmas.We have found Ruby Tuesdays food to be consistently good for the price point, and eat there several times a year.Their salad bar is always fresh, too.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
        Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 01/11/11 6:08 PM (permalink)
        Ruby Tuesday's easily ranks ahead of Applebees, TGIFridays and company. When travelling by air and they put me up in airport area hotels, I'm always glad to see Ruby Tuesday over the rest of the competition. The Salad bar, and I don't usually do salad bars, is fresh and good, and their burgers are head and shoulder's above the other neighborhood grill chains.

When tied up at an airport hotel, Mom and Pop places are few and far between. And the airport access-road local pub can be scary.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6081
          Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Thu, 01/13/11 10:16 AM (permalink)
          Yep...great salad bar...almost as good as Charlie Brown steak houses!

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1932
            Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Thu, 01/13/11 12:21 PM (permalink)
            I've found their burgers and salad bar to be consistently good over the years (since '73).

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 04/5/11 7:21 AM (permalink)
              Rereading this thread brought back a lot of memories.  In the early days of Ruby's, they served their burgers on English muffins and they were wonderful.  Does anyone else remember this?

chewingthefat

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 04/5/11 8:27 PM (permalink)
                MellowRoast

Rereading this thread brought back a lot of memories.  In the early days of Ruby's, they served their burgers on English muffins and they were wonderful.  Does anyone else remember this?

I don't, but damn that sounds good, problem is, these days English Muffins have been downsized so much, it's a joke, I did a thread on this in the last year or so.

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Tue, 04/5/11 11:08 PM (permalink)
                  You're right about that.  It's frustrating.  Thomas' has a new sandwich-size muffin that I can't get, and Wolferman's catalog has one, but I eat so many English muffins the shipping & handling would break me.

chewingthefat

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Wed, 04/6/11 11:30 AM (permalink)
                    MellowRoast

You're right about that.  It's frustrating.  Thomas' has a new sandwich-size muffin that I can't get, and Wolferman's catalog has one, but I eat so many English muffins the shipping & handling would break me.

We have a Thomas' plant in nearby Frederick, on of my waitresses workes there fulltime, she brings in those sandwich sized muffins, no good, way too doughy, sadly enough.

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Wed, 04/6/11 11:32 AM (permalink)
                      Well, shucks!  Guess I'll just have to settle for regular-size Bay's.  They're excellent, but I wish they were larger.   Even McDonald's tough & spongy English muffins have shrunk.
                      <message edited by MellowRoast on Mon, 04/11/11 5:26 AM>

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Sun, 04/10/11 7:39 AM (permalink)
                        I too like Ruby's Tu. for the salad bar and other items.

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Sun, 09/4/11 10:21 AM (permalink)
                          FN's Melissa d'Arabian made burgers this morning with English muffins. Looked good and brought back memories of the early Ruby Tuesday.  

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
                            Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Sun, 09/4/11 11:27 AM (permalink)
                            had the triple prime at the royal palm beach fl location the other day, very good but with cheese bacon and sweet potato fries and a coke $ 16.61 without tip...............ouch

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Sun, 09/4/11 11:35 AM (permalink)
                              When Ruby's began in the early '70s, they were known for upscale casual food at low prices.  When they opened here about '73, I ate there often because of the atmosphere and good value.  I believe that location (3709 Brainerd Rd. here in a restored home) was the chain's 2nd location.  In the late '80s, their pricing philosophy truly began to change. 
                              <message edited by MellowRoast on Thu, 09/15/11 8:20 PM>

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Mon, 09/5/11 8:28 PM (permalink)
                                They are a little pricy, but if I'm in the mood for a salad bar it's up there on my list. I usually get the little sliders with the salad bar.

MellowRoast

Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Wed, 09/7/11 8:10 AM (permalink)
                                  Both Ruby's and Jason's Deli have great salad bars.  Seems like salad bars are hard to find these days, and great salad bars are even rarer.

collinf

• Total Posts: 159
                                    Re:Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger Thu, 09/15/11 8:22 PM (permalink)
                                    Great salad bar, great french fries.  The burgers are okay but even the triple prime did not taste like anything special to me.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com