Rutledge, TN anyone?

Author
Zuleika
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/09/13 19:02:58 (permalink)

Rutledge, TN anyone?

I'm going to be spending a couple of days in the Knoxville area. I've read through the whole Knoxville thread and gotten some good ideas. But I'm going to be spending a whole day up in Rutledge working. Any ideas on where I might get some lunch? I know it's a pretty rural area (and partly why I've decided to stay overnight in Knoxville), but is there something around worth seeking out?

Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Rutledge, TN anyone? 2011/09/16 09:01:10 (permalink)
    Wise to stay in Knoxville.  One of my favorite places a couple miles closer in to town on Magnolia St is The Phillipine Connection.  The food is outstanding and inexpensive.  There's only one table ( maybe two) so it's mostly a carryout but food is outstanding and plentiful.  Then,  just across the street is the Pizza Palace which was visited by Guy Fieri who raved about their pizza.  it's a drive-in so you eat in your car.  Pizza is excellent though.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13523
    Re:Rutledge, TN anyone? 2011/09/16 09:14:33 (permalink)
    Rutledge is home to the famous tomato festival and is famous throughout the USA for their Grainger county tomatoes.  I believe that the field grown tomatoes are going down hill but perhaps some are still available.  They are outstanding.  If you have a way to transport them, I would suggest getting a bushel from the Ritter Farms located about 2-3 miles north of the town on the main route.

http://www.ritterfarms.com/aboutus.html

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Zuleika
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Rutledge, TN anyone? 2011/09/23 13:36:58 (permalink)
    Sundancer -- That's a great lead! Looks like they have lots of other stuff besides tomatoes, so I can pick up whatever looks good at the time.
    Thanks!
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10326
    Re:Rutledge, TN anyone? 2011/09/23 15:53:14 (permalink)
    Zuleika
    Sundancer -- That's a great lead! Looks like they have lots of other stuff besides tomatoes, so I can pick up whatever looks good at the time.
    Thanks!

All you need are the tomatoes, a loaf of bread, a jar of Mayo, a salt & pepper shaker and you have breakfast, lunch and dinner covered. (Bread & Mayo optional)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1