SE Maryland Trip

Author
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2189
2003/06/25 09:09:15 (permalink)

SE Maryland Trip

We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.

3 Replies Related Threads

jpatweb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 10:04:38 (permalink)
    You'll be very close to Crisfield, so Captain's Galley for crabcakes and other Ches. Bay specialties is an obvious choice. If you have time, you can also take a ferry from Crisfield to Tilghman Island, sort of a "land that time forgot" type of place with a dwindling population of crabbers and other fisherfolk. Follow the procession of people from the ferry dock to Hilda Crockets for a multi-course seafood pigout.

Where are you driving from to get to Deal?
    quote:
    Originally posted by RubyRose

We will be going fishing from Deal Island, on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Any good roadfood stops in that area? I usually don't go that far south in MD.
    BBQ Barney
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 161
    RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 19:38:15 (permalink)
    jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.
    jpatweb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: SE Maryland Trip 2003/06/25 22:33:16 (permalink)
    You're absolutely right BBQ, Tangier it is. Not quite sure why I said Tilghman, I've never been there.

quote:
    Originally posted by BBQ Barney

jpatweb-- I assume you mean Tangier Island--Tilghman is at the end of the road from Easton to St. Michael's and around the bend. If in St, Michael's The Crab Claw is still a good blue crab choice. Better, less expensive, and a locals hangout is Chesapeake Landing 2-3 miles west of St. Michael's but before Wade's Point.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1