SHEETZ is the place for burgers

Author
djdab
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2003/10/17 19:49:39 (permalink)

SHEETZ is the place for burgers

Man I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do. I think the best fast food burger by far has got to be the one you can get form the convience store chain called Sheetz. The are not the thin lame patties that you get at other places, but a thick slab of meat. You get your burgers made to order and i usualy get mine with mayo, honey mustard, roast peppers, onion and provolone cheese. Another great thing about Sheetz is that they are open 24 hours a day and they take credit cards. If I had a dime for every time that I hit Sheetz up for late night grub after a night out at the club I would be a Millionare.

23 Replies Related Threads

geomotz
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/17 23:40:47 (permalink)
    In & Out Burger has got to be the best fast food burger on the planet. I did check out the Sheetz burger(z) on www.sheetz.com and they do 'look' pretty tasty...
    Lucky Bishop
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 00:32:23 (permalink)
    I've been in many Sheetz stores -- they're about all there is for most of the trip between Boston and Knoxville -- but I've never even registered that they offer burgers!

They do have great commercials, though: last year, they had a series of commercials featuring a coffee bean hitting on a container of half and half in a voice like Brak's Dad, with the tagline "Really Fresh Coffee."
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 08:24:50 (permalink)
    Oh yea Bishop. They have burgers and loads of other stuff including Subs and Salads all made to order
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 08:30:00 (permalink)
    Whoopss just had another thought. I have been heraring alot about the In & Out Burger and would love to try one but In & Out is a west coast thing isnt it?? Sounds like and excuse for a trip to me. In & Out burgers and Pinks chilli dogs
    geomotz
    Hamburger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 11:03:57 (permalink)
    Skip Pink's - long line, low-grade hot dogs. The one time I was there it was all tourists (like me) on line and I was interviewed by a Korean camera crew. Totally bogus/lots of hype. Save your appitite for In & Out, or better, The Apple Pan on Pico
    hilldweller
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 12:23:02 (permalink)
    Howz theirz coffeez(tm)?
    [url='http://www.sheetz.com/sheetzweb/Store/pages/coffeez.jsp']Sheetz Coffeez(tm)[/url]
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 22:46:09 (permalink)
    thanx for the headz up geo. I dont really drink coffe all that much hilldweller so i am really not the one to ask
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/18 22:47:40 (permalink)
    Dang did it again. Forgot to ask geo. Is there a good place for hot dogs out there???
    geomotz
    Hamburger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/19 09:38:21 (permalink)
    Not that I know of. My favorite is Rutt's Hut in NJ, home of the deep-fried hot dog (the Ripper). You should ask John Fox (in the forums home page). He seems to be the go-to guy for hot dog info.
    Jennie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 389
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/19 19:17:40 (permalink)
    "The Ripper"? As in "It rips through your colon?" ;)

There are Sheetz's near us, but I've never had one of their burgers. At least their billboards look good. Argent says their subs "aren't terrible," whatever that means.
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/20 09:24:19 (permalink)
    No the Ruts Hut Ripper pertains to the fact that the skins of the dogs rip open when the are fired. Jennie the burgers IMHO are awsome. You should try one as soon as you get the chance.
    RockyB
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/20 12:39:12 (permalink)
    I go by Sheetz each and every day. I sometimes buy gas there, because their prices tend to be pretty good. I'm in radio and so I'm around their commercials all the time, which means I tend to think they're lieing about whatever it is that they're selling. But I guess I'll have to try one and see if they're any good.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18652
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/20 14:31:16 (permalink)
    I checked out that Sheetz site. It looked good. Unfortunately, there isn't one within 100 miles of me.
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/10/21 11:18:09 (permalink)
    Rocky I know how you might doubt the claims of some of the adds you hear, but in this case the burgers and all the other food they offer is very good.
    Hode
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/11/03 11:31:50 (permalink)
    After reading this post I decided to stop at a Sheetz on my recent roadtrip south. I was elated over thier burgers, fresh and as ordered. The touchscreen self ordering system is fun as well , I could even use a touchscreen to order at the gas pump while you fill the tank. We tried the burgers and also had a turkey and cheese on thier pretzel bread very good as well. Needless to say that when the opportunity presents itself again we will be filling our cars tank and our stomachs at Sheetz.
    djdab
    Junior Burger
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/11/05 07:44:16 (permalink)
    Cool Hode. I know this might sound Hokey but I am glad you like Sheetz. Shoot I am beginging to sound like I own them. LOL. Man you can order food from the pumps? Thats cool. I cant do that at the Sheetz here.
    Jennie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 389
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/11/09 23:21:50 (permalink)
    Okay, so last Friday I'm checking out an archaeological site on Monocacy National Battlefield, and the Chief of the Office of Archeology says he's going to Sheetz for a sandwich. So I say, "Hey! This website I post to says Sheetz has the best burgers. Check it out!" So he said he might. I'll let you know tomorrow what his review was. lol
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5466
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2003/11/11 05:22:25 (permalink)
    I have Sheetz's all around me but never once did I think their food "very good" Good I'll give it, more like ok. Since I work graveyard, a lot of times they are the only thing open when heading to work around here. If I missed dinner then I'll stop for a sub. They make good dubs but there are at least 3 other places around me that make better. Except they close by 9pm.

They tend to nuke all their hot food, including the bread which I can't stand. You have to get them to nuke only the meat and they sometimes are pissy about that.

I've never tried a burger but will next time in lieu of a sub.

As fas as gas prices, they are about 17 cents a gallon higher right now compared to the Flying J just 6 miles away in Va.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18652
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2004/07/27 11:45:09 (permalink)
    Although no Sheetz stores are near me, I found this column in the Warren (Ohio) Tribune-Chronicle mighty interesting. And I know one thing, if the company ever opens in my neck of the woods I'm going to be a customer.

By Larry Ringler Tribune Chronicle

"Martha Stewart should read newspaper clips about how the Sheetz convenience store chain is handling its salmonella crisis. She desperately needs some pointers in how to handle a public relations problem.

"Convicted of lying about a stock trade, Stewart reacted not with humility but by shamelessly asking the public to continue buying her towels and tablecloths in order to prop up her once-proud empire.
    Proud is the key word. She seems to think society can't function without properly arranging carrots and broccoli on a plate, or knowing how to fold a napkin and position the tableware.

"Most appalling, she compared her five months of jail time to the decades South African freedom fighter Nelson Mandela spent in prison.

"Sheetz is taking the exact opposite angle in dealing with salmonella poisoning at some of its convenience gas station stores. Unlike Stewart's situation, Sheetz wasn't even at fault. A food supplier was determined to be the source of contaminated tomatoes.

"When I called the company last week for an update, I started with a public relations contact. She said she'd track down answers to my questions. I expected to hear back from the same person.

"To my amazement, I got a call from company Chairman Steve Sheetz. He didn't duck any questions. He admitted he doesn't know if the food issue will hurt his company, which might seem an obvious thing to say, but others would put on a happy face and insist everything will be fine.

"But Sheetz wasn't done. He also said his company will pay medical costs for customers affected by the salmonella.

"'From Day One, we said we'd take care of people - missed work or medical bills,' he said.

"Sheetz said it didn't matter that the problem originated with a supplier, not Sheetz, saying, 'They bought it from us.'

"Talk about regaining customers' confidence - that's how you do it."

Route 11
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 755
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2004/07/27 12:47:05 (permalink)
    We have them all over here in Central Va. I wasn't impressed by the burgers, but their soft pretzels are out of this world, especially the jalapeno cheddar.
    fcbaldwin
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 388
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2004/07/27 14:31:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Although no Sheetz stores are near me, I found this column in the Warren (Ohio) Tribune-Chronicle mighty interesting. And I know one thing, if the company ever opens in my neck of the woods I'm going to be a customer.

There are a couple of Sheetz stores near me. I've bought gas, but have not yet gone inside the stores. I'm gonna give them a try. One thing I've noticed is that their big red tanker trucks are spotlessly clean and shiny all of the time. I've always thought that that was a sign of a well-run company with happy employees. And happy customers, because the place is always swarming.

Frank
    meowzart
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 773
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2004/07/27 15:17:58 (permalink)
    I've never bought food or gas at a Sheetz, but I can tell you...they've got the cleanest bathrooms with the largest stalls. They are like a beacon when you are on a road trip.
    tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: SHEETZ is the place for burgers 2004/07/28 02:12:37 (permalink)
    Never really cared for their burgers, but they have some of the best fries i've tried.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1