SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL

Author
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
2009/02/13 15:27:24 (permalink)

SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL

Ok..So the real name is China Wok.  But, to me it will always be SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out.  Since they were doing a good lunch business when I was there, I'm sure Sk doesn't mind being their partner.

Bob has been after me to try this place for a while since I've been touting Leahan's right down the street as my favorite Chinese place in this area.  So, last week I stopped in after having two slices at Pete's and just tried their won ton soup.  PLEASE, for those of you who are fans of Chinese Chinese food, just disregard this post.  This is for those of us who love American Chinese food.

Anyway, I really liked the won ton soup very much.  The broth was good and the won tons were huge and filled with a tasty pork filling.  They also give you a bag of homemade table noodles that were very good, too.

Today, I went back for lunch to actually try their food.  I ordered an egg roll (as good as Lehann's) and Kung Po Shrimp.  The entree consisted of good quality ingredients and they made an extra effort by placing several large sized pieces of red bell peppers in the dish.  At $4.00 a pound, you can see that these people are interested in "doing the right thing."  

But, the seasoning for this particular dish lacked flavor.  It was spicy hot, but it lacked enough seasoning.  I will go back and try another dish...It definitely deserves a second try. 

5 Replies Related Threads

sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL 2009/02/15 15:21:34 (permalink)
    told you, Baah Ben.
    now when are we going to Luigi's for pizza.
    mousec
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 302
    Re:SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL 2009/02/15 16:00:43 (permalink)
    Baah Ben

Ok..So the real name is China Wok.  But, to me it will always be SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out.  Since they were doing a good lunch business when I was there, I'm sure Sk doesn't mind being their partner.

Bob has been after me to try this place for a while since I've been touting Leahan's right down the street as my favorite Chinese place in this area.  So, last week I stopped in after having two slices at Pete's and just tried their won ton soup.  PLEASE, for those of you who are fans of Chinese Chinese food, just disregard this post.  This is for those of us who love American Chinese food.

Anyway, I really liked the won ton soup very much.  The broth was good and the won tons were huge and filled with a tasty pork filling.  They also give you a bag of homemade table noodles that were very good, too.

Today, I went back for lunch to actually try their food.  I ordered an egg roll (as good as Lehann's) and Kung Po Shrimp.  The entree consisted of good quality ingredients and they made an extra effort by placing several large sized pieces of red bell peppers in the dish.  At $4.00 a pound, you can see that these people are interested in "doing the right thing."  

But, the seasoning for this particular dish lacked flavor.  It was spicy hot, but it lacked enough seasoning.  I will go back and try another dish...It definitely deserves a second try. 

What was $4.00 a pound, the Kung Po or the peppers?
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL 2009/02/15 16:48:50 (permalink)
    Where's the pix!!!  
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    Re:SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL 2009/02/15 20:35:16 (permalink)
    The red or yellow or orange peppers are $4 at Publix right now.

Don - I forgot my camera!

SK - Luigi's for lunch....Do you ever get time during the week at lunch?  Let me know.  It will be interesting to see what you think.  His "by the slice" pizza has more cheese on it than Pete's. 

Personally, I think it is better to order a whole pie than to get his "By the slice" pizza.
    sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:SK Bob's Chinese Take-Out - Daytona Beach, FL 2009/02/16 18:58:58 (permalink)
    weekends are better & a whole pie it is.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1