The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Sabrett

petespups

• Total Posts: 44
Sabrett Sun, 04/20/08 7:11 PM (permalink)
Hello
I am a first timer I do not know how I ran across this form but I am sure glade I did. I love hot dog so much that a few years back I bought my own hot dog cart with The Idea of starting it up when I retire. Well, the time has come and I am gearing up, the only problem is I cannot find a supplier here in south jersey. I use to buy them from a guy in Atlantic City but he has gone out of business I contacted Sabrett to find another supplier in my area. They gave me a number of a ac dogs in Atlantic City but when I call the number I was told they had nothing to do with selling hot dogs so I called Sabrett back and they have not returned my call.I tried every were else they told me and they don't handle them any more.I have tried BJs, Sams in this area and they do not handle them any more. Now with that said, is there someone in the area who sells them and Sabrett condiment? O and don't worry, to those guys in the shore areas I will not be selling in those areas I am way out in the Vineland area so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pete

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
    RE: Sabrett Sun, 04/20/08 7:41 PM (permalink)
    Welcome! In addition, Try contacting Sabretts direct and they should be able to give you the name of a distributor in your area. There's a TON of info in here about hot dogs and the cart business. Many cart owners frequent the site, especially in NJ. Suggest you use the SEARCH FEATURE at the top oif the page to find info. Click on the FORUM LINK, "Hot Dogs, Sausages & Bratwursts" and it will take you to more info than you can read in a week especially the thread titled "New Jersey Hot Dogs" Have a ball

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
      RE: Sabrett Sun, 04/20/08 7:58 PM (permalink)
      Pete,

Well, you have come to the best place in the world if you are looking for hot dog experts. There are none better anywhere. I am sure they will respond. By the way, welcome to Roadfood.

Is English your first language? You seem to have butchered the language to some extent in your post. I suggest having someone else write to the hot dog suppliers as they will not take you seriously with so many language faults. Calling them may be better...you don't have to spell on the phone, plus it is instant two way communication...you get your information and answer right away.

Then again, if you are a troll, you should a better job of it.

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2936
        RE: Sabrett Sun, 04/20/08 9:09 PM (permalink)
        Yawn.

Look in the restaurant professional section. This part is for people who EAT the hot dogs. That part is for the ones who SELL the hot dogs.

And I agree that this post looks like a troll. Or you are the only vendor in New Jersey who 1) can't compose the English language as he speaks it, and 2) can't find any Sabrett's hot dogs to sell.

If you are not a troll, then you are either not very smart, or don't really want to sell Sabrett's hot dogs... because it would be a lot easier to find a website wholesaling hot dogs than it would be to find the hot dogs section of the Roadfood forum. "sabrett's wholesale new jersey" turns up 1,640 hits on Google. But none of those lead here, at least not any on the first 10 pages.

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
          RE: Sabrett Mon, 04/21/08 1:06 AM (permalink)
          The fact of the matter is that the "one stop" joints that sell Sabrett products to hot dog cart vendors are closing up, just like the places that sell radio and TV parts to service shops are closing up. The guy I used to go to in the Bronx is gone, replaced by a Weber's closeout store. Hopefully, someone will give the name of a local distributor in the Vineland area. Distribution has shifted to wholesale foodservice suppliers that sell to restaurants, to meat wholesalers, and places like Restaurant Depot. There is a Restaurant Depot in Pennsauken. There is a slight possibility that the Vineland area is a pocket where no one sells Sabrett. You can always get out the Yellow Pages and call all the meat wholesalers and wholesale food distributors listed to see if they sell Sabrett. Don't forget the Sabrett website
          http://www.sabrett.com/

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
            RE: Sabrett Mon, 04/21/08 1:35 AM (permalink)
            You can go to www.Sabrett.com and have them delivered to you no matter where you are. They also sell condiments online direct. That's where I get mine from.

Hope this helps!

David O.

cajunconeyisland

• Total Posts: 5
              RE: Sabrett Thu, 08/12/10 4:06 PM (permalink)
              Do you know where to get parts?...burners, pilots, valves, etc ? Thx

cajunconeyisland

• Total Posts: 5
                RE: Sabrett Thu, 08/12/10 4:06 PM (permalink)

HOTDOGMATTY

• Total Posts: 12
                  RE: Sabrett Sun, 02/13/11 8:34 PM (permalink)
                  I get all my Sabretts at Sams Club here in Scranton Pa.... They can special order them for you if you ask them, If not call Sabrett and they will ship them !! Or go with Nathens they are very good and easy to order !! Hope this helps    Matty

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
                    RE: Sabrett Sun, 02/13/11 9:30 PM (permalink)
                    hello all ,

Hey buddy go to the Hot Dog Professional forum ,or better yet do an internet search , dhould not be too hard to find a distributor if this is a legit post
                    Benzee 

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Sabrett Thu, 03/3/11 5:11 PM (permalink)
                      The original post is almost 3 years ago...  Hopefully he found a dealer by now...

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
                        RE: Sabrett Thu, 03/3/11 6:57 PM (permalink)
                        cajunconeyisland

http://www.cateringtruck.com/repairs.htm

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com