Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close

Author
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 513
2009/07/10 18:59:14 (permalink)

Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close

Here is a sad bit of news for fans of the famous cheese skirt featured here and on other food sites...the place may close, at least temporarily until they find a new site due to lawsuit by disabeled rights person re: ADA violations...it seems this person is making a carreer of suing small biz around northern ca y...went to the Squeeze today though and there was a huge line,,,here is the full story in todays Sac Bee  http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/2011862.html 

13 Replies Related Threads

myterry2
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 532
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/11 00:22:27 (permalink)
    Sad, but I thought law was grandfathered if the place already was open before the law went into effect.  All she has to do is ask somebody to get her the burger and bring it out to her.
    stricken_detective
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2330
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/11 14:48:26 (permalink)
    Does this mean with my kidneys I can sue anyplace who refuses to let me use their restroom? What a joke.
    kitty626
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 49
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/11 16:16:40 (permalink)
    Actually, it's not a joke. My husband is disabled and lives his life in a wheelchair. You'd be surprised at the number of places that he has no access to, especially here in KY.

Having said that... Would he sue? Of course not. He would just take his business elsewhere. But not everyone feels the same way.

I just ask that you would put yourself in a disabled person's shoes (so to speak). You still might not agree, but you might be a little more understanding. :)
    drpep
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/11 16:25:10 (permalink)
     Too bad for that woman who is suing. Go to McDonalds. She and her "lawyers" are only doing it for the money.
    stricken_detective
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/12 01:19:00 (permalink)
    kitty626

Actually, it's not a joke. My husband is disabled and lives his life in a wheelchair. You'd be surprised at the number of places that he has no access to, especially here in KY.

Having said that... Would he sue? Of course not. He would just take his business elsewhere. But not everyone feels the same way.

I just ask that you would put yourself in a disabled person's shoes (so to speak). You still might not agree, but you might be a little more understanding. :)

Oh I know all about it. My mom has MS & poops out about 2pm. But if there were something she wanted, I would go get it for her.

Also, I would not have said that if it had been an isolated incident. This woman is suing 4 different businesses. One has to wonder if it's for the money? Someone said they thought these businesses were grandfathered past the disability act?
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10421
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/13 07:38:18 (permalink)
    The Hitching Post in Casmalia also got sued.
    http://www.hitchingpost1.com/ADA.html
    stricken_detective
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/13 13:24:42 (permalink)
    ^^that's what I'm talking about.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/13 14:25:36 (permalink)
    You know--my best friend died a long slow death as the result of MS--for years his body deteriorateted but he fought back--refusing to give in to this horrible disease and even cut his own firewood for years in a wheel chaiir---eventually it got so that he was pretty much as helpless as a baby--i know beause i was his primary caregiver for the last three years of his life---and in all that time-after running into places he couldnt get in--including THE SQUEEZE INN!!!!--(he was born in Sacto--we lived in Chico)--he never once considereed suing someone because he couldnt get to their darn counter!!! He WAS a working stiff and knew that life was not easy--for him or anyone else-and their would always be bumps in the road------hell--if he couldnt get in the shop--we would go in for him! Folks with nothing better to do then take advatage of a program that is supossed to make life easier for some folks--NOT punnish those who are caught up innocently by those lawsa!!!--are just plain jerks. and dont tell me im not feeling their pain--i had to pick up my beat friend to put him on the tiolet and wipe his butt for--and feed him and hold his hand while he died from that horrid disabling desease!!! They opught to be ashamed of themselves! They are just as bad as the college ball players that park in handicapped spots as far as i am concerned!--Scum!  Ok--sorry--i will now get of my soapbox.
    santacruz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 372
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/16 15:18:21 (permalink)
    Tiki I am with you 100%  I wonder what some of these jerks would say about MotherTruckers up on the ridge in Nevada County.  But you know the old law of cause and effect, Karma etc.

Hope you are still playing the Blues.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/16 16:54:40 (permalink)
    yep--every day---startin to get pretty good too if i do say so myself----you can see for your self--we are broadcasting live on the web---a live jam session from the Okla Blues Hall of Fame stage at the Downhome Blues Club in Rentiesville Ok--pop 68---every sunday--6 to 10 central time on Jukezoo.com   I will on stage at one point of another---come and check me out---im the one that looks like Santa! ---oh--and your right on Mothertruckers!!!used to live up in North San Juan LONG AGO---love Nevada county!!!   You ever been up to Doc Willy's Half Fast Bar and grill up there in the hills? Wonder if it is still open--cant rmrmber the name of the road but it ran west of 69 about half way between North San Juan and Camptonville---great bar!!--doubt it would pass the new laws either i bet!
    post edited by tiki - 2009/07/17 16:05:06
    brittneal
    • Total Posts : 1265
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/16 17:42:27 (permalink)
    Being disabled I can see the frustration innot having access to a place that interests me.  I understand that laws now require them to adapt.  I could see it in a new construction but to force a man to the point of bankruptcy to remodel as well as sue him for any inconivenince is absurd.  If he goes out of business its a moot point as I still couldnt eat there.
    Too many people these days take advantage of the few times the system tries to accomidate them!
    santacruz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 372
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/07/17 14:53:08 (permalink)
    Tiki, I will check out your band on the web. I used to play for a Blues band in Lawrence Ks. a few years back.

I don't recall Doc Willis but I usually try to eat at a roadfood place up rt. 49 outside of Nevada City on the way to San Juan ridge, you cook your own steaks in this old Tavern called The Willo.  Here is a link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/willo-the-nevada-city

Hope Big Brother doesn't close this joint.

post edited by santacruz - 2009/07/17 15:05:03
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re:Sacramento Squeze Inn To Close 2009/08/02 11:17:28 (permalink)
    This thing is really getting out of control - some jerk posted her home address on Yelp last night.  Sure, it looks like a frivolous suit, but I think it would be wise to wait until we hear the details before passing judgement.  I've been hearing that it had something to do with her having an embarrassing incident because she was unable to use the bathroom.  Then again, there's no way to get a wheelchair in that place so i dunno.  FYI - The fries suck and there are lots of better burger joints in the city lol.  Good chicken tacos, though. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1