Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P

Bobby Mueller passes;
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/09/08/0908mueller.html
RIP!

11 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 08:27:35 (permalink)

I remember well my last visit to Muellers BBQ. Talking with Bobby Mueller as he and Wayne worked while a bunch of us Roadfooders watched in Awe ! He will be sorely missed. We can hope that Wayne will carry on the traditional BBQ inherited from his Father and Grandfather !

Here is a legacy one can appreciate!

Mgmax
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 15:25:13 (permalink)
    I am very sorry to hear this as I just produced a video podcast about barbecue in Taylor, and spent a morning with him as he prepared his food. I hope it is a fitting tribute to him: http://www.vimeo.com/1614136

The theme about the times changing in Taylor certainly seems a bit more poignant now.
    brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1109
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 15:45:34 (permalink)
    Truly sad, moreso because I was just there with some out of town guests that had seen the Food Channel show about regional BBQ in Texas. R.I.P. Bobby.
    texasbbq
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 19:46:13 (permalink)
    LOUIE MUELLER BARBECUE
    On behalf of our family, thank you to everyone for your kind sentiments regarding my father, Bobby Mueller...he was immensely dedicated to providing you, our guests, the best products he could each and every day for over 34 years...he would have been thrilled and humbled to read the comments and thoughts presented by all of you wonderful people...God bless you...

...and a special thank you to Michael and Jane Stern...no one has been kinder to my father than the Sterns over the past 25 years... they are the salt of the earth to whom my family and I will forever be grateful...Thank you Michael and Jane!!! I look forward to your next visit...

Just to settle any uncertainty that may exist, the restaurant will remain in the family under the ownership/guardianship of Bobby's wife Trish and his oldest son Wayne (me)...my father's dedication to our guests will continue as before so don't expect any overhauls or major changes to occur...the focus is consistency - if it weren't, I have no doubt my father would reach across the inter-dimensional plane and smack me a good one! I hope that those communicating these kind words will have the opportunity to stop in sometime soon to say hi so that I may thank you in person...here's to Texas barbecue, family, good friends and my father - bon appetite! ........................................I love you, dad...

All my best,
    Wayne Mueller
    Louie Mueller Barbecue
    3rd Generation and beyond
    Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 19:56:51 (permalink)
    Wow. Twinwillow and I were just there a week ago Saturday. He was working and we talked to him. He sure didn't look like he was ready to pass on. Sad.

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 20:05:37 (permalink)

Wayne,

Everytime we get anywhere near Taylor on our roadtrips we stop in to enjoy the ambience, the great BBQ, and to check on the condition of two of my Roadfood Business Cards that are posted with hundreds of other cards on the wall of your establishment. When I added a second card during our 2007 visit I had a difficult time reading the 1996 card thru the brown smokiness that had darkened the old card. It gave me a good feeling of 'participation' to know that I am connected, however infrequently, with your family's traditions.
    We hope to return to that area on a trip 'West' within the year. Hopefully we can include a pilgrimage to the Mecca of Texas BBQ as a tribute to your family, and especially to your Dad.

Our best wishes for your continued success in the Taylor Community.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7836
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 20:49:15 (permalink)
    My heart goes out to the Mueller family. I know from personal experience the sorrow of losing a parent.

I had the opportunity to visit Mueller's BBQ for the first time last year and I can truly say it was one of my top BBQ experiences of all time and overall one of my top favorite new restaurants that I visited last year.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 21:49:14 (permalink)
    I just visited Mueller's last week and the atmosphere and barbecue were wonderful. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Mueller family for its loss.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 22:07:31 (permalink)
    RIP Mr. Mueller, and God Bless the family during this rough time. Though I never ate your good eats, I feel others speak when they mention the quality of your product and workmanship.
    MGWerks
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/08 22:52:33 (permalink)
    Next visit I intend to let Wayne and the folks know just how much we appreciate the art that the family provides in their establishment - the art of BBQ. Though a terrible loss, I hope family and friends rise to support your family going forward. We'll be there to pay our respects as soon as we can - by eating fine food!
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Sad day in Texas, Bobby Mueller , R I P 2008/09/10 23:52:57 (permalink)
    Wayne,
    My heart goes out to you and your family..
    just the fact that you would take the time to address all us Roadfooders in your time of sorrow shows a lot..

I had the privilege of eating at your family's BBQ joint during the April Austin Roadfood tour...
    sorry for the unexpected loss of your dad...
    we're here for you ...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1