Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs

Author
Delicious Hot Dogs
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2013/12/13 15:52:03 (permalink)

Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs

Hi, 
New here and expect to be in operation in western NC in spring.  Decided on a new cart and the HD gave initial approval based on brochure.  Close to securing a commissary and all licenses/permits required.

A principal in the company that manufactures the cart told me that the all beef Bakers & Chefs dogs sold at Sam's Club were made by Nathans.  I haven't been able to verify or disprove that so, being a true skeptic,  I'm asking for any information.  Anyone, please.  Would also appreciate your thoughts on that brand and any recommendations you might offer.

I've been reading this forum for a few months now and have picked up a lot of good info.  Will be looking for some good clili recipes soon.

4 Replies Related Threads

brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 330
    Re:Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs 2013/12/13 17:59:14 (permalink)
    I don't know if Nathan's makes them but after a taste test by my son and I, we decided that Baker's and Chef were just as good if not better than Nathans. After using Nathans for 6 months or so we switched to Baker's and Chef. We tasted them right out of the package and cooked.
    keyboardman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs 2013/12/13 22:04:02 (permalink)
    US Foods just opened a wholesale store in Charlotte where I can get 5/1 foot long Nathan's for $45 per 30lb box. Not sure if they have a store in WNC.
    zumguteetz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 171
    Re:Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs 2014/02/18 11:52:05 (permalink)
     A it late but I know Nathans and there's NO WAY that the Sam's Brand is made by them. Sam's stopped carrying Nathans last spring and I switched to Restaurant Depot to continue to carry them. Baker's and Chefs are OK but are not as good IMHO and do NOT have the name appeal. The closest Restaurant Depot is 2.5 hours away in Charlotte. I travel 3 hours to Akron, OH to get a month's supply of Tony Packo's hot dogs. You could stock up as they freeze well.
    keyboardman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Sam's Club & Nathans Hot Dogs 2014/02/19 08:17:23 (permalink)
    Here in Charlotte US Foods has opened a wholesale store where they sell 5/1 Nathan's footlongs in a 30lb case.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1