The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

San Antonio BBQ

don&sue

• Total Posts: 4
San Antonio BBQ Sun, 10/10/04 3:38 PM (permalink)
Thanks to google, I found this site.

We are just back from San Antonio, Texas. Went to see the Alamo and a cousin in Pleasanton. Way back in May, we were watching 2 shows on the discovery channel about Texas and BBQ's.
Our first BBQ was in Pleasanton, Tx. South of SA on I37, About a mile west on rte 97. Our cousin took us to McBees. This was our first experience with a real BBQ. WOW. This place was not on any maps. We had a taste of everything. With and without sauce. We loved both. If you're ever in this area. We highly recommend McBees.

Rudy's, @ Leon Springs, off I10. We saw this on the discovery channel. And we put it on our list of places to go. This place was everything they said it would be. So good, we bought a large bottle of the sauce to bring home.
We also went to The County Line on the RiverWalk. On a scale of 1-10. We would rate The C Line a 7. As for McBees and Rudy's both get a 10. Now I understand there may be better. But untill we eat at them, this is where we will go back again.

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
    RE: San Antonio BBQ Mon, 10/11/04 2:32 AM (permalink)
    The best (and only) BBQ I've had in San Antonio was at a place known as the Settlement Inn--and it was years ago so I can't say if the place still exists. Nevertheless, it was memorable, not so much for the food which was good but not exceptional, but for the ambiance. The place is (was) in a still-rural area west of SA on I-10 and is in a group of old buildings that were once a stage coach stop-over (or so the story went). They sat on a hill so that you can set yourself at picnic tables outdoors and look over a fair stretch of the hill country while eating your Q. It's especially atmospheric as the sun sets.

Actually I just googled the place and found a reference where people were referring to it in the past tense, so I guess it's gone. Too bad.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com