San Francisco: Mi Lindo Yucatan

Author
BT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
2007/07/08 04:22:41 (permalink)

San Francisco: Mi Lindo Yucatan

I rediscovered this place tonight. My favorite Mexican spot is undergoing renovation, so I was on the prowl tonight for as good a meal elsewhere. I'd been here before and really enjoyed it, but every time I go here I think, "D*mn, I should eat here more often".

As the name implies, this is Yucatan food, not the more familiar tacos and enchilladas fare. Oh, they have tacos all right but they are shredded roast pork with pickled onions (and they are super). Apparently pork is very big in the Yucatan. I had a very thin-pounded, breaded and fried pork cutlet with some more of those yummy pickled onions on top and drizzled with lime juice. It was accompanied with yellow rice, black beans and an excellent little salad of endive with vinagrette. Also on the menu and very tempting (to me) is turkey with mole--but I'm a pork lover like so many people in the Yucatan seem to be and I keep getting drawn back to that cutlet which is really good.

If you're in town and want to go here, it's on Valencia near 15th. At night, this area could be a little dicey--the restaurant is actually on the ground floor of an old hotel in which Danielle Steels's son killed himself with what I believe was a heroine overdose and there's a (new) public housing project across the street. On the other hand, it's actually not nearly as bad as that makes it sound, but out of towners should still probably take a cab (as opposed to walking 2 blocks from either the 16th & Mission BART station or the Market St. streetcar).

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1