The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35
Sundancer7

Re:San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights Tue, 10/22/13 7:33 PM (permalink)
EdSails:  Our Hunters were similar.  I bought mine new and had never sailed before except with my brother on lake Minnetonka in Minneapolis. I taught myself how to sail.   My Hunter was not a 25.5 but a 25.  Obviously there was some technology changes but I am certain most of the issue lay with the sailor..  I did the best I could and I use to practice on Sunday mornings single handling around the moor boats.  It taught me a lot.  I never screwed up while racing although I did let the more experienced racers intimidate me because I did not want to ding my boat.  I did not have the equipment you had although I had a marine radio, compass and a spinnaker.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3556
    Re:San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights Tue, 10/22/13 11:43 PM (permalink)
    Paul: It helped also that I had crew. My daughter Lindsay, was first mate and her twin cousins, Brooke and Sarah were 13 and excellent sailors. Lindsay was not completely happy with the Captain, however---she often complained from the bow that "you're not making the boat bounce enough, Dad!".

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights Thu, 10/24/13 5:27 PM (permalink)
      Ed

Ifn I ever get to SF area I agree i want you and L2B as tour guides.
      You hit some really great places

Turtle66

• Total Posts: 103
        Re:San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights Sun, 04/13/14 6:43 PM (permalink)
        Great post Ed! I was also present for the awesome America's Cup (my first time) Only been to 4 of the restaurants/cafes on your list here. Guess I need to get out more often.   

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3556
          Re:San Francisco for the America's Cup 2013 race----Roadfood and other delights Wed, 04/16/14 12:31 PM (permalink)
          Turtle66

Great post Ed! I was also present for the awesome America's Cup (my first time) Only been to 4 of the restaurants/cafes on your list here. Guess I need to get out more often.   

Turtle66, you really should. In your area you have a such a welth of different places I could see doing a whole weekend's exploration on a different exploration each and every weekend!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com